resolute 4 and 5 online now

CLAM

Still AWESOME and lovin' every minute of it! ^_^

They changed Snake Eyes and Storm shadow's origin. WEAK.

It's different continuity...........so its not really that big a deal, at least that's how I look at it. Also, someone may want to post spoiler stuff for those that didn't watch it yet. Good stuff..........I'll wait to post stuff until more people see it.

If this upsets you I would hate to see you when the movie hits in August........ @smilepunch@

well, since the other thread has been hijacked by some of the usual windbags, I figured I should put this in a new thread

check em out HERE

"...some of the usual windbags..." (lol) Too funny Clam.

This series is awesome. I love the new Snake-Eyes/Storm Shadow origin. Makes me wonder how they became friends in the first place though...

While it is awesome.........we've already had 2 episodes with the Snake-eyes and Storm Shadow thing. (counting ep. 5) VvV and Spytroops were also somewhat devoted to their rivalry.......kinda sick of seeing it to be honest. This is somewhat aimed at fans......so I was hoping to not have any of that (Wolverine/Snake-eyes thing) Granted, the kids love ninja's.......but I was hoping to have more team oriented stuff, not so much "Snake-eyes is the ultimate badass once again" (although ep. 2 was cool.) I'm kinda torn............

You know where Wolverine overshadows the rest of the X-men, and is almost always the focal point at some point.......Snake-Eyes is the same thing sometimes.

I don't want to get flamed by the Arashikage brotherhood or anything.......I like it but 2 out of the 5 episodes are devoted to Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow for the most part.......if you can see where I'm coming from.

While it is awesome.........we've already had 2 episodes with the Snake-eyes and Storm Shadow thing. (counting ep. 5) VvV and Spytroops were also somewhat devoted to their rivalry.......kinda sick of seeing it to be honest. This is somewhat aimed at fans......so I was hoping to not have any of that (Wolverine/Snake-eyes thing) Granted, the kids love ninja's.......but I was hoping to have more team oriented stuff, not so much "Snake-eyes is the ultimate badass once again" (although ep. 2 was cool.) I'm kinda torn............

You know where Wolverine overshadows the rest of the X-men, and is almost always the focal point at some point.......Snake-Eyes is the same thing sometimes.

I don't want to get flamed by the Arashikage brotherhood or anything.......I like it but 2 out of the 5 episodes are devoted to Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow for the most part.......if you can see where I'm coming from.

Yep! The whole NINJA era, fascination and whatnot, is passe' as far as I'm concerned. Mutant Turtles meets Street Fighter meets Mortal Kombat meets Dragonball Z meets Hong Kong Phooie! I'm over all the asian mystic garbage like most people got over Cowboys and Indians...at least until it comes back around and I think the Ninja stuff is out on the curve still, and not BACK in popularity yet. Speaking for myself of course. ^_^

I always have preferred Snake Eyes as more the COMMANDO with awesome fighting skills, over the whole ninja honor student background stuff. I'd rather see SE and Firefly going at it, seeing who can blow up the most sh@#, than just mORE of the ninja dance that he and Storm Shadow always do. Even Darth Vader and his son sword battled so much until finally ONE of them went DOWN!

The new SE/SS origin is so cliche in my honest opinion. I didn't like how they are reusin' the old basic elements to the SE orign since it has been done to death.

Even though the origin is different than the old ones, it has the same basic plot to it;

Jealous relative is mad that master is teaching outsider a technique that he does not know, jealous relaative tries to kill master and outsider; the plot can be found in virtually every 1980s' hollywood martial arts movie.

I also find it amusing that they try to say that SE do not enjoy killing others. It is funny since you have a ninja who gets creative in killin others by riggin up grenades as traps, know full well people are going to die from it. There is him slicin up guys as if it was no one's business. If they made SE simply wounding his enemies or decapitating a small part of a character's body part, then I will believe it

Yep! The whole NINJA era, fascination and whatnot, is passe' as far as I'm concerned. Mutant Turtles meets Street Fighter meets Mortal Kombat meets Dragonball Z meets Hong Kong Phooie! I'm over all the asian mystic garbage like most people got over Cowboys and Indians...at least until it comes back around and I think the Ninja stuff is out on the curve still, and not BACK in popularity yet. Speaking for myself of course. ^_^

I always have preferred Snake Eyes as more the COMMANDO with awesome fighting skills, over the whole ninja honor student background stuff. I'd rather see SE and Firefly going at it, seeing who can blow up the most sh@#, than just mORE of the ninja dance that he and Storm Shadow always do. Even Darth Vader and his son sword battled so much until finally ONE of them went DOWN!

I prefer commando Snake Eyes over the Ninja version since the former was more believable. I also don't like the cliche plot devices used in american martial arts film;

outsider goes to asia or asian dojo, learns ancient and invincible technique from his sensei, sensei's relative gets angry for not learnin special move, relative becomes evil, kills masters, outsider gets revenge and kills the relative, and becomes the most powerful whatever despite learning the martial arts technique at a very old age.

At least, in the joe mythos, SE doesn't steal the heart of Jinx, which is another cliche thing done in hollywood martial art films

l understand why this origin is so overused, but I would like it more if they went with somethin more original

At least the old SE origin, SS isn't the one who had his uncle killed, but was blamed for it. That change was better imo.

yeah, I didn't really like these 2 episodes..

in episode 4, nothing really happened. The first minute with CC talking was interesting.. the rest was all talk from the Joes about Cobra's weapon.. I guess necessary, not really interesting.

Episode 5 was a TOTAL WASTE to me. I could gone without seeing that at all. I don't really care about the SE/SS history, and to make it worse it was all flashback.... meaning that we still have to have an entire episode dedicated to the actual fight they are going to have ..

with only 60 minutes or whatever, it sucks that they gave this flashback 6 minutes! I am excited to see them fight, but this was BOOOOOORING

The first minute with CC talking was interesting.. the rest was all talk from the Joes about Cobra's weapon.. I guess necessary, not really interesting.

Does CC sound more like Burgess Meredith (as Golobulous) to you? That's the first thing I thought of at least, and I LIKE it! Very evil and menacing.

After seeing the first five episodes I'm not a fan. The spoken dialogue is awful, it's trying to be edgy banter, but it falls waaay short. I do however, like the dark tone to the show. Bazooka getting killed in the very first episode--kinda makes ya think no one is safe. Animation is solid too, this show's got a lot of potential.

Overall it's okay--I just hope the writing gets better cause so far, it sucks!

Does CC sound more like Burgess Meredith (as Golobulous) to you? That's the first thing I thought of at least, and I LIKE it! Very evil and menacing.

That's what I thought too VH! I agree with you guys on the overdoing of the SE/SS stuff.

I would have at least preferred Zartan to use a bow like the original origin!

That's what I liked about the Sunbow series, they never squared off on it. My only other minor complain on Resolute is it seems that Flint and Gung-Ho have very similar voices and so far have been paired together in their scenes.

well, some people well never be pleased. The origin is either cliched, or it would have been "too different." While we all know it, this is another chance for fans to see it, and even if it wasn't there, i bet a lot of the fans would complain about that too.

I admit i like this episodes a little less, but they are just good exposition, more epic moments are coming down the road i'm sure. It's just the natural flow of the story.

Writing, and animation both seem top notch, the voices are good, aside from the fact it is true, gung-ho and flint are very similiar, gung-ho needs more cajun, not overblown(like vvv's "Gambit" version), but a little more accent to his voice.

Looks like we have a set up for two upcoming battles and that's just fine with me. I honestly wish we could have skipped destro though, i've gotten really tired of him as the right hand man, i'd prefer baroness have that role.

Thanks for the links CLAM, I loved all of it, you have to expect the talk and I think you wouldn't notice as much if it was a full episode. If it was you would have been excited about hearing certain characters talk (don't want to say due to spoilage). I loved both episodes for the pure fact that it's something new that I am digging. I'm so happy to have an updated version of the Joes that's not so campy or wannabe CGI. The storylines will always change, I think we all have to accept that. You can have the stories you know and love and still appreciate a new version of the story.

That's what I thought too VH! I agree with you guys on the overdoing of the SE/SS stuff.

I would have at least preferred Zartan to use a bow like the original origin!

That's what I liked about the Sunbow series, they never squared off on it. My only other minor complain on Resolute is it seems that Flint and Gung-Ho have very similar voices and so far have been paired together in their scenes.

l think the reason for that is cause the series is short, so the actors in this series does more than one voice.

I notice that Duke, the guy that looks like Duke(the person Flint talks to in episode 3), and WIld Bill have similar voices. The females appear to sound alike too.

Guess I was right even though I can understand they didn't list the guy lookin like Duke(he is an extra)

Taken from the Steve Blum article on wikipedia:

G.I. Joe: Resolute - Duke (G.I. Joe), Roadblock (G.I. Joe), Zartan, Wild Bill (G.I. Joe), Ripcord