Show off your custom DC Universe Classic figures

Gundam

I am in the process of working on a custom modern Red Tornado and a modern Hawkman. Not very different variants of the original figures but since they are so close to the version they came out with, it won't be too hard. Yet the final product will look different enough to make it worth it.

I have seen some butt kicking customs out there. Let's show ours and any that we find in this thread.

Also, maybe we can use this too to give hints on customizing.....what's the best way to take hands off these DCUC figures? The boil and pop method?

• 2 weeks later...

Working on some custom figures I am doing using DC Universe Classics figures....I had a few questions if anybody can help....

1) What paint is best for "rubbery" parts?

2) Should I try to take it completely apart before painting? Curious if I paint over joints how I can make it come out the best looking possible.....should I take knees and hips apart, paint and then put back together? also, after painting parts, if I use hair dryer or boil-and-pop method to put them back together, will I ruin the new paint job?

You should just boil and pop certain parts like the head and at the bicep. You can also shave the joints down so the don't rub.

As far as paint Testors model masters acrylics are good. They can be a liyyle pricey but you get what you pay for. Get a good set of brushes or you will see brush marks in the paint. Don't forget to seal them. I am working on an Aztek and have done Wild cat and azbats. As well as a few others that I have posted,I will post some tomorrow. Modern Kyle Raynor,John Stewart. Are a couple.

post-24314-1241380536_thumb.jpgpost-24314-1241380432_thumb.jpgHope this works, here's my Hawkman McGuiness style, and Bane

You can use A free site like Photobucket.....you can download those pics on to photobucket and they will host them for you for free....then you just post the link here

real nice custom works guys

especially love the paints

is the Testor brand the only reliable type of paints that you all recommend?

I use the regular cheap acrylic paints you find at Walmart or Michaels (Folk Art, Apple Barrel, etc.). They work fine. If you have extra cash to blow, you can get the Testors acrylics, but I personally don't see the need to spend the extra money. I think most of it comes down to your own ability and, more importantly, how patient you are. Go with lots of thin, even coats of paint and your figures will look good. The finish spray helps a lot at the end, too (I use Testors Dull Cote).

post-24314-1241380536_thumb.jpgpost-24314-1241380432_thumb.jpgHope this works, here's my Hawkman McGuiness style, and Bane

You can use A free site like Photobucket.....you can download those pics on to photobucket and they will host them for you for free....then you just post the link here

Thanks, I'll try that.

Cyborg Superman:

Base: DCUC Killer Moth

Head (Human Side): ML Punisher

Head (Cyborg Side): HML Xorn

Right Arm: DCUC Cyborg

Lower Legs: DCSH Bizzaro

Cape, Belt, Rings: DCD Cyborg Superman

DSC07057M.jpg

DSC07070M.jpg

DSC07080M.jpg

DSC07054M.jpg