Resolute online NOW!

yojoebro82

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From ENI:

Hasbro announced today that G.I. Joe: Resolute, an adult fan oriented animated mini-series, will be broadcast via Cartoon Network's Adult Swim on television as well as online.

I never saw anywhere where it said what time.

Its not going to be on tv till April 25th at midnight and it will be shown as a 1 hr movie, not broken up into these 5 min episodes.

I've spotted Tunnel Rat, Rock n Roll, Scarlett, Shipwreck, Cover Girl, Lady Jaye, Roadblock, gray haired (and ALIVE) Doc, Gung-Ho, Flint, Spirit, Wild Bill, Beach Head, maybe Airborne? Of course Duke and Snake Eyes.

A lot of un-named people ("kids" as Gung-Ho calls them) at computers and manning vehicles and whatnot....but that's not very many when listed, yet it decently established the "team" concept of G.I.JOE and how MULTI-race and nationality it is within it's members and that serves well enough (I'd think) for any novice viewer? Cobra had even LESS and I'm looking forward to seeing MORE!

HOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLYYYYYY CCRRRRRAAAAAP!!!

they HAVE to turn this into a full length tv show/series I mean that is one hell of a way to establish this show with a bang.

Snakes being totally badazz, seeing all the Joe characters, Gung -Ho calling the support staff kids, explosions, mayhem, and CC being a psychotic SOB right off the bat!!!

HELL YEAH GIVE ME MORE!!!

From ENI:

Hasbro announced today that G.I. Joe: Resolute, an adult fan oriented animated mini-series, will be broadcast via Cartoon Network's Adult Swim on television as well as online.

I never saw anywhere where it said what time.

Its not going to be on tv till April 25th at midnight and it will be shown as a 1 hr movie, not broken up into these 5 min episodes.

Thanks JayC. Somehow I thought they meant the first episode would be online and on tv tonight. My bad. I guess I was thinking they were doing the same thing they did with the original Clone Wars cartoon where it was released sporadically as three-to-five-minute episodes then shown all at once at a later date.

I've spotted Tunnel Rat, Rock n Roll, Scarlett, Shipwreck, Cover Girl, Lady Jaye, Roadblock, gray haired (and ALIVE) Doc, Gung-Ho, Flint, Spirit, Wild Bill, Beach Head, maybe Airborne? Of course Duke and Snake Eyes.

A lot of un-named people ("kids" as Gung-Ho calls them) at computers and manning vehicles and whatnot....but that's not very many when listed, yet it decently established the "team" concept of G.I.JOE and how MULTI-race and nationality it is within it's members and that serves well enough (I'd think) for any novice viewer? Cobra had even LESS and I'm looking forward to seeing MORE!

I saw:

Duke

Snake Eyes

Scarlet

Wild bill

Gung ho

Doc

Bazooka

Flint

Roadblock

Rock n roll

Stalker

Lady jaye

Spirit

Airborn

Beachhead

Shipwreck

Tunnelrat

Covergirl

there was one more character I couldn't make out because they only showed his head and shoulders. He was either black or a dark mexican or something.. short dark hair. white turtleneck under a dark shirt and a vest like the many of other guys wear. He was standing to the right in the group shot, and in front.

I would say that they have done pretty well to pick some good characters. I wish that they included Dusty on the team too.

I saw:

Duke

Snake Eyes

Scarlet

Wild bill

Gung ho

Doc

Bazooka

Flint

Roadblock

Rock n roll

Stalker

Lady jaye

Spirit

Airborn

Beachhead

Shipwreck

Tunnelrat

Covergirl

there was one more character I couldn't make out because they only showed his head and shoulders. He was either black or a dark mexican or something.. short dark hair. white turtleneck under a dark shirt and a vest like the many of other guys wear. He was standing to the right in the group shot, and in front.

I would say that they have done pretty well to pick some good characters. I wish that they included Dusty on the team too.

It's gotta be the new Ripcord, sans camo. Looking at the above list, I could see Airborne and Covergirl also possibly buying the farm before it's all said and done.

I saw:

Duke

Snake Eyes

Scarlet

Wild bill

Gung ho

Doc

Bazooka

Flint

Roadblock

Rock n roll

Stalker

Lady jaye

Spirit

Airborn

Beachhead

Shipwreck

Tunnelrat

Covergirl

It's gotta be the new Ripcord, sans camo. Looking at the above list, I could see Airborne and Covergirl also possibly buying the farm before it's all said and done.

Ripcord? I really doubt it.. I think that this stuff is based on RAH lore too much for them to do the black Ripcord.

Also, he doesn't look like Ripcord would anyhow. You can check him out in Episode 3, about 1 minute in when they do the group shot.

He is standing to the right, in the front. Right in front of Tunnelrat and next to Covergirl.

he has a white turtleneck under a vest.. and looks like he has brown or burgundy sleeves.

That was absolutely fantastic. This is what I always wanted in cartoons spinning off from the old classics. No re-introduction of characters, no heavy changes in style or characterisations, but just being a direct continuation of the old one. I freaking love it. This one is for the fans. No bull-shitting around trying to appeal to a new generation of kids. Old school all the way. But mature enough for all the fans who have grown up.

2009 has been great. First Hulk vs. Wolverine which was without a doubt the greatest cartoon I had ever seen; completely remained true to the existing mythos. And now G.I. Joe Resolute. I guess the cartoon creators are slowly realising that tapping into the existing fanbase is definitely much more resourceful than trying to rope in a whole new generation of children with whom it might click or may just fizzle away.

I just hope that Hasbro decides to continue this series as a full length season. This is gold that they are having in their hands right now.

Thank you.

For the Canadians who cant see it

RESOLUTE EPISODE 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmahUDrswxY

Episode 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FS9-bYAsNU

Episode 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16neqpiuxSo

and thank you too!

Pretty good so far!

resolutescreen.jpg

That's who I was thinking was Airborn?

resolutescreen.jpg

Airborne is between Stalker and Gung Ho. And Dial Tone is a woman in this universe too, according to the official Resolute website. So I see no reason for this not to be Ripcord. It's not going to be anyone else except maybe Alpine. But if it WAS Alpine, he'd definitely have more to say about Bazooka being KIA.

Im thinking Hard-Ball? Or maybe Alpine?

but I think if it was Hardball, he would have had a baseball cap, and if it were Alpine, he would have at least had his glasses on.

Alpine also would have been BALLING his eyes out after the death on the team

damn they killed 2 major people in first arc (bludd and bazoka) so far im enjoying it

Airborne is between Stalker and Gung Ho. And Dial Tone is a woman in this universe too, according to the official Resolute website. So I see no reason for this not to be Ripcord. It's not going to be anyone else except maybe Alpine. But if it WAS Alpine, he'd definitely have more to say about Bazooka being KIA.

I was looking all over the Resolute website.. I didn't see anything about Dialtone being a woman. Can you point me where to look please

I was looking all over the Resolute website.. I didn't see anything about Dialtone being a woman. Can you point me where to look please

Under the "Cobra Intel" section, it talks about Dial Tone hacking Cobra's computers and uses the term "she".

resolutescreen.jpg

Could be Iceberg with the white turtleneck and all?