Resolute online NOW!

yojoebro82

Nevermind, found a link that finally worked.........WOW!!! Great Stuff.......I can't wait for more!!!! Great GI Joe stuff.........the theme and tone is spot on. I saw the first one and was way more excited than I was when I first saw the movie trailer.

MORE RESOLUTE!!!! @rambo@

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLY CRAP!

Aside from Disney Classics Tom and Jerry, this is possibly the best cartoon ever! (well, best action cartoon ever)

Kinda makes me sad I have already seen 3 episodes already though, with only 7 left?

Damn, I wish the live action movie coming out was exactly like this. A giant blockbuster summer flick is going to get powned by a little cartoon that has barely any tv support!

I do kinda miss the old voices though on Duke, Roadblock, and Flint. The new ones don't seem to fit.

But HOT DAMN, I love this toon, and man we need some MORE RESOLUTE FIGURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW...episode 3 already!

Day one..and we're already a quarter of the way there and something tells me even 60 minutes of this stuff ain't going to be nearly enough? :)

Mmn, it was good and it was so-so in spots.

Good: The Snake-eyes attack sequence on COBRA Island--some homages to the comic books( covers) there.

Wild Bill--yea.........Wild Bill, finally an interesting take on the character.

The scene where Duke gives Scarlet a choice.

Firefly doing his "The Jackal" bit.

So-so:

The writing. Doesn't feel like Ellis writing it.....its just a bloodier, a bit more "sexed" up, angrier GIJOE cartoon. I can think of a 1/2 dozen other animation writers that could have pulled off this material.

Continuity. The USS Flagg is smoking in Ep 2, and then burning ( with flames) in ep 3--supposedly much later.

Minor gripe-it plays like its set up as instalments--which it is--but that makes it harder to watch for me.

Watching it as a full hour will be weird because of this--and its something that'll mean it'll have to be edited before its packaged as a single standalone film.

Aside from how some sequences are storyboarded--it doesn't really look all that different from previous incarnations of GIJOE. Everyone is still chummy-chummy with everyone else.

Would have liked to have seen some "taking the piss" with the support crew-as if at least one of the Joes was being dismissive to them--a character flaw that would be interesting. Everyone came across as so......"nice" ( but serious).

Its not bad, still feels like a GIJOE cartoon.

Hey guys, what time does the first episode come on CN tonight? Is it in-between the regular shows?

Seriously?

Uhh...yeah. What am I missing? I mean, I've seen these online, but I'd kinda like to see them on tv also. (I know, I'm weird...) (lol)

Good: The Snake-eyes attack sequence on COBRA Island--some homages to the comic books( covers) there.

So-so:

The writing. Doesn't feel like Ellis writing it.....its just a bloodier, a bit more "sexed" up, angrier GIJOE cartoon. I can think of a 1/2 dozen other animation writers that could have pulled off this material.

Continuity. The USS Flagg is smoking in Ep 2, and then burning ( with flames) in ep 3--supposedly much later.

Minor gripe-it plays like its set up as installments--which it is--but that makes it harder to watch for me.

Watching it as a full hour will be weird because of this--and its something that'll mean it'll have to be edited before its packaged as a single standalone film.

Aside from how some sequences are storyboarded--it doesn't really look all that different from previous incarnations of GI JOE. Everyone is still chummy-chummy with everyone else.

Would have liked to have seen some "taking the piss" with the support crew-as if at least one of the Joes was being dismissive to them--a character flaw that would be interesting. Everyone came across as so......"nice" ( but serious).

agree completely... another thing though that i'm noticing already... they're doing the same thing all the super hero movies are doing... cramming as many characters as they can into as little amount of time as possible. its not really as noticable though since that's kinda what we want i guess. if it were meant for another audience they would be completely lost by the end of the first episode...

From ENI:

Hasbro announced today that G.I. Joe: Resolute, an adult fan oriented animated mini-series, will be broadcast via Cartoon Network's Adult Swim on television as well as online.

I never saw anywhere where it said what time.

So-so:

Minor gripe-it plays like its set up as installments--which it is--but that makes it harder to watch for me.

Aside from how some sequences are storyboarded--it doesn't really look all that different from previous incarnations of GI JOE. Everyone is still chummy-chummy with everyone else.

agree completely... another thing though that i'm noticing already... they're doing the same thing all the super hero movies are doing... cramming as many characters as they can into as little amount of time as possible. its not really as noticable though since that's kinda what we want i guess. if it were meant for another audience they would be completely lost by the end of the first episode...

Well, that could come back to haunt this incarnation.

Its biggest flaw is that its set-up in such a way ( so far) as to require a viewer to have a prior knowledge of GIJOE.

If a viewer is familiar enough, the cartoons are accessible--if not, then there's not a whole lot to clue people in to who is who and what is what--especially of the instalments are viewed one at a time, over a period of time.

Part of the problem with creating a new version of something is that you have to re-introduce it all over again.

This does not take pains to do that, it jumps right in and assumes you know who the characters are.

That can be a good thing though, depending on how its written later on. Watchmen was written like this as a film--but there is a lot of debate as to how accessible the film was. I just hope its not a problem for this show.

The ten month wait has been worth it! Just wish the whole series was more than an hour.

So-so:

Its biggest flaw is that its set-up in such a way ( so far) as to require a viewer to have a prior knowledge of GIJOE.

If a viewer is familiar enough, the cartoons are accessible--if not, then there's not a whole lot to clue people in to who is who and what is what--especially of the instalments are viewed one at a time, over a period of time.

Part of the problem with creating a new version of something is that you have to re-introduce it all over again.

This does not take pains to do that, it jumps right in and assumes you know who the characters are.

That can be a good thing though, depending on how its written later on. Watchmen was written like this as a film--but there is a lot of debate as to how accessible the film was. I just hope its not a problem for this show.

I don't think they're trying to cram too many characters into the plot. Yes, it's true that us "fans" are going to know who the characters in the background are, even without dialogue, but that isn't going to distract from the new (unfamiliar) viewers of this G.I.Joe cartoon. I'm glad they're not TRYING to focus on EVERY character in EVERY scene, and just giving ample time to the core characters in the plot. We've have an advantage in our knowledge, but that's not a distraction for the novice. I'd hate it if they WERE spending too much time introducing each character and giving them all lines and screen time and everybody saying each others names 5 times over like the comic books did. Flint had some dialogue and I don't believe they even mentioned him by name did they? Still worked for me and I bet a non fan wouldn't even care.

The Joe's are obviously a team..that's demonstrated by their presence on the FLAGG, a BIG aircraft carrier, and most the Joes were on it, so the large presence of Joe team members standing around in the briefing room was appropriate and without need of introduction of them and I don't think of it as a "cramming" stunt. There's no reason to have to "clue people in" on the minutia of 25 years worth of G.I.Joe canon. I like the pace so far and don't think it missing elements in establishing the good guys, the bad guys and what the plot will be.....stop Cobra!

If I wasn't ALREADY a G.I.Joe fan, this would be the kind of thing that would MAKE me one! Characters can all be seen but not immediately established and given screen time or full introduction until later episodes (like most tv programs with large ensembles) so I'm hoping it does so well they need to make more and give us that time in which to see each Joe in action and each Cobra baddie in action and so on. :)

So-so:

I don't think they're trying to cram too many characters into the plot. Yes, it's true that us "fans" are going to know who the characters in the background are, even without dialogue, but that isn't going to distract from the new (unfamiliar) viewers of this G.I.Joe cartoon. I'm glad they're not TRYING to focus on EVERY character in EVERY scene, and just giving ample time to the core characters in the plot. We've have an advantage in our knowledge, but that's not a distraction for the novice. I'd hate it if they WERE spending too much time introducing each character and giving them all lines and screen time and everybody saying each others names 5 times over like the comic books did. Flint had some dialogue and I don't believe they even mentioned him by name did they? Still worked for me and I bet a non fan wouldn't even care.

The Joe's are obviously a team..that's demonstrated by their presence on the FLAGG, a BIG aircraft carrier, and most the Joes were on it, so the large presence of Joe team members standing around in the briefing room was appropriate and without need of introduction of them and I don't think of it as a "cramming" stunt. There's no reason to have to "clue people in" on the minutia of 25 years worth of G.I.Joe canon. I like the pace so far and don't think it missing elements in establishing the good guys, the bad guys and what the plot will be.....stop Cobra!

If I wasn't ALREADY a G.I.Joe fan, this would be the kind of thing that would MAKE me one! Characters can all be seen but not immediately established and given screen time or full introduction until later episodes (like most tv programs with large ensembles) so I'm hoping it does so well they need to make more and give us that time in which to see each Joe in action and each Cobra baddie in action and so on. :)

Couldn't agree more......showed it to some guys at work. "Cool" was the popular response of the night........we don't need everything always drawn out in crayon for us. You know who the good guys are and who the bad guys are.........thats really all you need to know. I don't need to know the commissioning date of the Flagg or anything that in depth.......Plus, I'm not a huge Snake-eyes fan or anything (over-rated IMO) But that sequence with him on the island was cool as hell...........and the Cobra Trooper trying to take him out, its like he knew he was done but was gonna at least try to shoot him down.

Plus, I like how fast the stuff moves........they hit us, the Joes waste no time looking for them or trying to hit them back.