Anyone seen the new Hot Wheels Trek ships?

Jangonate

I haven't seen it as of this post

Vigilantly check toys r us and target, call all the ones in your area and remember play dumb on the phone, leave nothing to chance. IE: "which hot wheels star trek ships do you have in stock?"

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vigilantly check toys r us and target, call all the ones in your area and remember play dumb on the phone, leave nothing to chance. IE: "which hot wheels star trek ships do you have in stock?"

I don't play that game

I work in retail myelf

I would rather look around

I don't play that game

I work in retail myelf

I would rather look around

Us customers have to be sneaky since some store employees have been told not to help us out if they discover we collect certain things. A handful of skallywags have ruined it for everyone.

Finally scored a BoP today.

I compared it to my DST/AA Enterprise E, and it's pretty much perfectly in scale according to the info I got on Memory Alpha. Memory Alpha says the B'rel-class BoP (the one we always see in the movies & tv shows) is about 158 meters long. It also says the Ent E is 685 meters long. So, roughly, the B'rel BoP should be 1/4 the length of the Ent E, and this is accomplished with the DST/AA Ent E and Hot Wheels BoP. It's as close to perfect as we're going to get, which is great. I'm very pleased with this coincidence.

I found the Bird of Prey today

Its the first time I have ever had one where the wings move into all positions

The Micro Machines HMS Bounty version had movable wings. The Hot Wheels Bird of Prey is exactly the same size as the Corgi version, the HW version has stuff painted that the other doesn't and vice versa.

Haven't found the Hot Wheels version, but I did find the new movie Enterprise keychain at TRU, which is essentially a 3" Micro Machine on a chain. It's actually very good detail for such a small ship (although the saucer's underside details are painted on in white, making them practically invisible.) They also had the Enterprise-D as well as Original Series Enterprise & Klingon ships. At $5 each, they're a little pricey, but still pretty cool.

Also, found a blog entry that has pics of most of them.

The way it looks now with the Enterprise A and D sitting on shelves we won't see any new molds

It's going to get worse.

From the line-ups for Waves 2 thru 4, we're not getting ANY new molds at all.

I'm not optimistic about this line. Great ships, but Mattel is cheaping out here.

The BoP is a new mold, it's getting repainted only twice one with HMS Bounty which I will get and the second time with battle damage which I probably won't get. The only battle damage stuff I'll do is when I bought the wrath of khan DST battle damaged 1701 which had exclusive sounds.

It appears as though the new BoP will be near impossible to locate. I can't find one anywhere! It's frustrating me.

It appears as though the new BoP will be near impossible to locate. I can't find one anywhere! It's frustrating me.

You have two options:

1) Wait for the Bird of Prey to decloak.

OR

2) Create a large tachyon field with a network of starships to detect.

Good luck!

;)

The BoP is a new mold, it's getting repainted only twice one with HMS Bounty which I will get and the second time with battle damage which I probably won't get.

Yeah. The BoP IS a new mold but it's one of only FIVE molds altogether that will be the extent of what we see for the first four waves. It may also get repainted only twice, but I believe the original may be re-released in some of these later waves.

The bottom line is this line isn't going to see the variety we're all hungry for. Don't expect an Excelsior mold or a Klingon battle cruiser anytime soon. Between that and the length of time in between releases, I'm not very optimistic about this line in the long run. I'm already starting to see Reliants and Enterprise D's starting to sit around a little. Can you imagine when it will be battle damaged versions of these very same ships?

No I meant the toys

I know what the ships looked like I was curious of the size through aize comparisons

Twice the size of the TOS Enterprise toy.

LOL @loll@

Um....ok

I have no idea which version your refering to

No I meant the toys

I know what the ships looked like I was curious of the size through aize comparisons

Twice the size of the TOS Enterprise toy.

LOL @loll@

Um....ok

I have no idea which version your refering to

DST TOS 1701.