Anyone seen the new Hot Wheels Trek ships?

Jangonate

I have the battle damaged Reliant

Are the saucer sections removable or did you break them?

I packed these in a plastic container surrounded by tissue. I guess the "shock" of moving my boxes around loosened them. At first I thought they were broken, but once I put them back on, they will stay until you pull them off. So I just leave them alone packed until I decide to bring them out for display again. What's cool, is ONLY the Saucers came loose! Unfortunately, the TOS Battle Damaged Enterprise saucer section WON'T come off. Now THAT would be cool!

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see more vessels

I see some people complaining about lack of detail, mattel just didn't paint extra places like the large grooves on the rollbar and the surface detail under the rollbar on top of the main hull. Maybe someone can paint those themselves. The filming model has darker gray paint detail in those areas. I'm glad they are making them at all, I'm not gonna complain I'll be greatful.

I see some people complaining about lack of detail, mattel just didn't paint extra places like the large grooves on the rollbar and the surface detail under the rollbar on top of the main hull. Maybe someone can paint those themselves. The filming model has darker gray paint detail in those areas. I'm glad they are making them at all, I'm not gonna complain I'll be greatful.

So even though we think it's substandard product, we should be happy about it anyway?

Sorry, but no.

It's not "painting extra places" it's putting the proper detailing on the things in the first place. It's pure laziness and cost-cutting on Mattel's part, and we shouldn't support it if we want a product that meets our standards. Maybe your standards are lower. I was really looking forward to these when I heard about them, hoping we'd get something that would at least match if not exceed the detail of the JL ships. We didn't.

"Detail" also INCLUDES the paint applications, not just the sculpt of the vehicles themselves.

So even though we think it's substandard product, we should be happy about it anyway?

Sorry, but no.

It's not "painting extra places" it's putting the proper detailing on the things in the first place. It's pure laziness and cost-cutting on Mattel's part, and we shouldn't support it if we want a product that meets our standards. Maybe your standards are lower. I was really looking forward to these when I heard about them, hoping we'd get something that would at least match if not exceed the detail of the JL ships. We didn't.

"Detail" also INCLUDES the paint applications, not just the sculpt of the vehicles themselves.

That's your opinion, I bought them because I love Star Trek. Jmac, if you don't like them don't buy them

I'm not picky I like these

Me too and I'm sure any people who have the detail complaint can just paint the friggin detail themselves. In fact hotwheelscollectors.com has the color paint application code images for such a project. The charts that show all angles and what color goes where.

I came across 3 Enterprise-As (and 2 Reliants) in two Targets today, but 2 of the Enterprises had the saucer tilted up way too much & the 3rd had pretty messy paint globs on the top. Is the saucer adjustable or something? I just don't wanna blow $15 if it's not something that can be fixed. Again this is the Enterprise A, not D.

I came across 3 Enterprise-As (and 2 Reliants) in two Targets today, but 2 of the Enterprises had the saucer tilted up way too much & the 3rd had pretty messy paint globs on the top. Is the saucer adjustable or something? I just don't wanna blow $15 if it's not something that can be fixed. Again this is the Enterprise A, not D.

One of mine is that way, I think it's an error on mattel's part.

I'm not picky I like these

Me too and I'm sure any people who have the detail complaint can just paint the friggin detail themselves. In fact hotwheelscollectors.com has the color paint application code images for such a project. The charts that show all angles and what color goes where.

It's supposed to be a complete toy, not a "paint by numbers" art project. Mattel should give us a finished product. Not a half-painted piece of junk.

I love Star Trek too. It deserves better treatment than this, and no, I didn't buy these, as I already said. That doesn't make me any less able or entitled to express my opinion on them. Even if it's different from yours.

It's supposed to be a complete toy, not a "paint by numbers" art project. Mattel should give us a finished product. Not a half-painted piece of junk.

I love Star Trek too. It deserves better treatment than this, and no, I didn't buy these, as I already said. That doesn't make me any less able or entitled to express my opinion on them. Even if it's different from yours.

They gave us what they think we want. When it comes to paint on toys anymore the company seem to be real cheap. A good example of this is the difference between Marvel Legends figures produced by toy Biz and Hasbro. Or just last week I purchased a variant of a Gundam figure that I already had an American version of. The paint apps were totally different and the better/different apps on the Japanese version make it look completely different.

Still I like these and I hope that they do more of the ship that are atleast widely known and hopefully throwsome lesser known ship out there for us fans.

Personally I like it when they sculpt in the detail but don't paint it. The quality control on many toys have gotten worse over the years and I find it easier to paint in a little detail instead of trying to find a good one in the store. I'm guessing that I am in the minority on this one, but I think it's fun.

If they painted every nook and cranny detail it would get massively expensive. I don't think the pro hot wheels star trek ship crowd are a small group either I'm sure alot of people like these, so far only a samll group of people have complained. I used to go to hotwheelscollectors.com the people on the forum are jerkoffs. Those people complained about these ships too but lets face it none of them are real star trek fans anyway.

I don't have that problem with my Enterprise

I don't have that problem with my Enterprise

I don't know if my other one has a slightly angled doral and saucer I'll have to look, it's so minor it's barely noticeable.

I have the battle damaged Reliant

Are the saucer sections removable or did you break them?

I packed these in a plastic container surrounded by tissue. I guess the "shock" of moving my boxes around loosened them. At first I thought they were broken, but once I put them back on, they will stay until you pull them off. So I just leave them alone packed until I decide to bring them out for display again. What's cool, is ONLY the Saucers came loose! Unfortunately, the TOS Battle Damaged Enterprise saucer section WON'T come off. Now THAT would be cool!

Looks to me like the glue disintegrated enough for the saucers to fall off.

Still haven't seen these in stores myself. From the online pictures, I think I'll start by getting the Enterprise D, then deciding whether the others are worth it based on my impression of the D.

Anyone know if the line will be extended beyond the three waves listed on Entertainment Earth? I'd like to see more stuff from the TNG/DS9/Voyager era. A TNG Romulan Warbird and a Klingon Battle Cruiser would be great additions to the line.