Anyone seen the new Hot Wheels Trek ships?

Jangonate

Unless I saw a defective model, the torpedo launcher on the Reliant I saw had no paint on it whatsoever besides the base coat. The "face" of the launcher was completely white.

I also noted that the materials were a "pro" not a "con."

Given that the JLs have things like running lights, phaser banks, panel lines, etc.... all painted on, these really are extremely lacking in paint apps. Maybe you feel differently, but quite frankly at the size they are, they should blow the JLs out of the water, particularly for $13-$15 bucks a pop.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My JL Reliant doesn't have the numbers painted on the doors

I must have gotten a bad one or something

I'd say you got an error one then because even my battle damaged JL Reliant has painted shuttle doors. They didn't paint running lights if he means the yellow things those are phaser implacements. On the bottom the yellow things on the rim of the saucer are the reaction control thrusters like on the space shuttle they control the angle of the ship.

OK, I don't know Corgi, JL, or any other small-scale release of these. I only know the DST versions. Could one of you who actually have the items in hand give me some dimensions? (Estimates are OK) I just don't know whether to be excited for these or not, and the price is about half of what I'd pay for a DST-sized bells-and-whistles ship, so I'm wondering if these are worth it.

Thanks!

OK, I don't know Corgi, JL, or any other small-scale release of these. I only know the DST versions. Could one of you who actually have the items in hand give me some dimensions? (Estimates are OK) I just don't know whether to be exited for these or not, and the pice is about half of what I'd pay for a DST-sized bells-and-whistles ship, so I'm wondering if these are worth it.

Thanks!

Well to anybody here who have poated take alook at the first page of the thread I posted where to find the ships

Ares: I just measured the Enterprise and it's about 6 and half inches in length

As I said I will post pictures later

OK, I don't know Corgi, JL, or any other small-scale release of these. I only know the DST versions. Could one of you who actually have the items in hand give me some dimensions? (Estimates are OK) I just don't know whether to be exited for these or not, and the pice is about half of what I'd pay for a DST-sized bells-and-whistles ship, so I'm wondering if these are worth it.

Thanks!

Well to anybody here who have poated take alook at the first page of the thread I posted where to find the ships

Ares: I just measured the Enterprise and it's about 6 and half inches in length

As I said I will post pictures later

Thank you so much! That is about half the size of the DSTs, so it makes it worth while!

Yeah the hot wheels 1701-D is smaller than the corgi one. The HW version does saucer seperate.

Oh I didn't know that and here I was not going to get it

The JL galaxy class is prone to breaking too, I actually ended up breaking one of the yamato's trying to saucer seperate it but the other one seperated just fine. This thing is thicker plastic so it shouldn't break and there are three prongs that connect into the dorsal on the stardrive versus the one fragile prong on the JL ship. The ships have alot of detail but the detail just isn't painted. The Reliant's equipment strips are painted blue on the JL version but they aren't painted any other color on this one plus the torpedo launcher has a ton of detaill too just not paint. Like the torpedo ports that stick out have the notched structure like they do on the filming model. I'll probably end up taking pics just to show yall. Both enterprises have translucent blue plastic for their engines and deflectors. The Reliant's impulse deflector crytsal is translucent blue too, actually the top and bottom deflector crystals and shuttle doors are all part of the same piece of translucent blue plastic I think. The Reliant's shuttle doors in the movie had deep blue lighting surrounding them as it approached ceti alpha 5.

OK, so they're about the size of an average male hand then. Or mine, at least... I guess I can say that's an OK price. Cheaper would always be better, but if they plan on cranking a lot of these out, the smaller size would definitely help with space issues.

The ships with stands don't take up much space unless you buy a whole bunch. I'm gonna get the new Enterprise and Bird of Prey when I see they're available. So far Mattel has completely ignored the TOS 1701 unless they plan on releasing it later.

I finally saw the Reliant at Target this morning,that was the only one they had.I passed for new but I may pick up the classic Movie Enterprise and the Bird of prey.I do hope that Mattel comes out with more of these.

Wow,

The NEW Reliant doesn't look very detailed for the size it's suppose to be... I got THIS one along w/a few other JL ships (Refit ENT, Ent-TWoK, and Reliant) a few years ago at KBs @ 2 for $5.00! The Enterprises hulls have diff paint apps. One has the 5 windows near the front of the Dish, and the other (Battle Damage) has none.

These are all plastic. I put these up to show what these older ones look like. Hope that's ok.

post-14418-1240730707_thumb.jpg

post-14418-1240730743_thumb.jpg

post-14418-1240730769_thumb.jpg

post-14418-1240731023_thumb.jpg

post-14418-1240731291_thumb.jpg