Are you kidding me?

hamsterboy

I was just over to Amazon and someone over there had one of the comic packs for a penny. Pretty sweet sounding deal until you see what the shipping is. Close to 30 bucks. I guess buyer beware really fits the bill here.

I'd have to applaud them for being honest at least. ^_^

I see way too much of this kind of BS in online selling, where a decent price is what's listed and then the shipping costs eat ya up. It's all highly arbitrary (in my mind) and the way this seller listed it, is kinda poking at that concept a little bit. Hell...make the price a penny, and then ALLLLLLL the rest hidden in shipping phony costs!!

I have an original, complete, TERRORDROME I'd like to sell for a PENNY if anyone's interested??

Shipping and handling is $600! @smilepunch@

Hey everyone,

It feels kind of weird being the new kid on the block here. Amazon has many of these 1 cent deals and then the price kills you when it comes to the shipping and handling. This is the new scam going on now. Thank god you have some of us who can read between the lines here. Shameful....

Aren't there any rules for overcharging on shipping? Is there no recourse for paying $30 specifically for shipping, then getting a box that says the sender paid USPS five bucks?

I mean, I could understand a few cents, maybe even a dollar... we're talking estimates here. But come on here; this is the sort of scam that you can halt by taking five minutes to write out one new policy.

What would be great is if you won it for the penny, and the guy asked where you wanted it shipped you said "Oh, I live about five miles from your place, I'll just come over and pick it up in person..."

Boom. Roasted.

not quite. upon purchasing it checking out it doesn't ask you where you would like to ship it, it simply requires you to pay for shipping, regardless of where you live. so, once you paid, you'd be stuck with the shipping charge and you'd be the one boomed and roasted.

Aren't there any rules for overcharging on shipping? Is there no recourse for paying $30 specifically for shipping, then getting a box that says the sender paid USPS five bucks?

I mean, I could understand a few cents, maybe even a dollar... we're talking estimates here. But come on here; this is the sort of scam that you can halt by taking five minutes to write out one new policy.

Maybe Amazon gets a cut.