Could this be the new Dial Tone?

HissCommander

This guy just popped up on taobao.

I have heard from several people that this is the new Dialtone that Hasbro is releasing!

when the title of the auction is ran through a translater is says "GIJOE 09 years Special Forces were female version of casual telephone"

http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_detail...29d4df186ad.htm

http://www.theterrordrome.com/forums/viewt...f=28&t=2531

UPDATE

Received this a new image thismorning from tommy327 from ACToys. Notice the Rise of Cobra symbol on the arm

UPDATE #2

Figure just popped up on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/GI-Joe-Dial-Tone-Rise-...34.c0.m14.l1262

post-20224-1239843782_thumb.jpg

post-20224-1239892747_thumb.jpg

post-20224-1240091564_thumb.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, that is awful, regardless of who it is if a Joe figure. sadly, collectors will stampede over one another to get it regardless if it is a SDCC exclusive even after they criticize it.

Man, HC, I am really starting to doubt your credibility here!

This is clearly crap. Moreso than the crappy metalic Storm Shadows. The crappy HISSes, not a fan of, but whatever.

I think you need to steer clear of that Taobao site. They are having a frickin' fiesta while yanking your chain!

This is clearly crap. Moreso than the crappy metalic Storm Shadows. The crappy HISSes, not a fan of, but whatever.

I think you need to steer clear of that Taobao site. They are having a frickin' fiesta while yanking your chain!

I doubt your credibility moreso than HC.

The vac-HISSes turned out to be the Canadian JoeCon exclusive.

This looks like ZANYA to me.

Whatever you say man........Didnt know i had any credibility to begin with......

For 1 i never give a "confirmed" statement on anything. Everything is ALWAYS "rumors" and "speculation"

I saw this image a few days back, and was told it was possibly Dial-Tone. Is it true? i dont know? you tell me.....

I just post what i hear, take it with a grain of salt.

Whatever you say man........Didnt know i had any credibility to begin with......

For 1 i never give a "confirmed" statement on anything. Everything is ALWAYS "rumors" and "speculation"

I saw this image a few days back, and was told it was possibly Dial-Tone. Is it true? i dont know? you tell me.....

I just post what i hear, take it with a grain of salt.

Well, that's just it - while I have enjoyed seeing what are/should obviously be customs, it's just that they all come across with an air of officiality, if that's even a word. I dig customs. I will still laugh at the unfortunate (fictional) COBRA low-life that would have to keep all those HISSes in utmost reflectability status, not to mention the 'Firefly' 'shiny' ninjas.

Maybe it's the choice of words in your posts. You lead simple minds like mine to believe these things are on-the-radar.

Food for thought.

Well, that's just it - while I have enjoyed seeing what are/should obviously be customs, it's just that they all come across with an air of officiality, if that's even a word. I dig customs. I will still laugh at the unfortunate (fictional) COBRA low-life that would have to keep all those HISSes in utmost reflectability status, not to mention the 'Firefly' 'shiny' ninjas.

Maybe it's the choice of words in your posts. You lead simple minds like mine to believe these things are on-the-radar.

Food for thought.

Could this be the new Dial Tone?, Hasbro said we wouldnt expect this!

never said it was the new dial just speculation...

Could this be the new Dial Tone?, Hasbro said we wouldnt expect this!
like he said in the title... and those metallic hiss tanks are real convention exclusives... not customs.-no matter how silly they may be. i personally thing they'd be cool if everything was metallic on it

whats the point of making it metalized it out if its just gonna have a plastic turret and treads

the ss figures looked pretty cool to me. its a figure i would put on my desk as a little statue or something it wasn't meant to be part of the joeverse or anything i don't even think it was actually supposed to exist in the first place. and since you started talking about that there are a whole bunch of neon colored ninjas and other figures that came out in the 90s you can complain about. i'd take a bronzed ninja over a neon orange one any day

anyway.. hiss has always said something in the post about the figures being "mystery" or "custom or con exclusive?" showing he doesn't really know. he's just giving us a chance to look at the same pictures he is and making our own judgments..and no officiality and reflectability are not words ;)

Food for thought.

Im not really sure what you just said.

Nowhere in my post do i say anything that would lead anyone to think this is a legit Hasbro made official figure.

You keep referencing the chrome figures. The hiss tank is a Convention exclusive, and the storm shadows are a fan made product.

Most the things that pop up on the asian sites like tao are legit in some way not customs, they are stuff that leaks out from the factories, often times unfinished protos. Not that I have a problem with you guys posting your finds here and speculating on what they are, but thats all it is, speculation. I think what happens alot of time is people don't differentiate speculation from actual news. Someone says they think this is dial-tone and all of a sudden it spreads across the net that this is dial tone and becuase the thing is a unpainted proto of sometype it looks like crap, but people forget that and get in their mind its a POS. I mean whatever this figure is, its so unfinished we might as well be looking at a blank slate. Most the time the guys who run these auctions don't even know what the figure is they are auctioning off, they just know its a proto and someone will pay lots of money for it which I have no idea why, but they do.

Most the things that pop up on the asian sites like tao are legit in some way not customs, they are stuff that leaks out from the factories, often times unfinished protos. Not that I have a problem with you guys posting your finds here and speculating on what they are, but thats all it is, speculation. I think what happens alot of time is people don't differentiate speculation from actual news. Someone says they think this is dial-tone and all of a sudden it spreads across the net that this is dial tone and becuase the thing is a unpainted proto of sometype it looks like crap, but people forget that and get in their mind its a POS. I mean whatever this figure is, its so unfinished we might as well be looking at a blank slate. Most the time the guys who run these auctions don't even know what the figure is they are auctioning off, they just know its a proto and someone will pay lots of money for it which I have no idea why, but they do.

Spot on, thank you. I make it a point never to give a definitive answer to these. I just post what i hear, or what is rumored. Never intended for anyone to take this post, or any post for that matter as an official Hasbro item.

Whatever it is, it looks to be virtually unpainted.

I agree i don't really see a custom paint job i think whats throwing people is the eyes they do look painted of fake. Jay hit on something by saying its real in some way shape or form maybe the body done but the face wasn't or something along thoses lines. or a leak from where ever its made. Or a reject for some reason that was sent out for cheap price over seas.

whatever it is, it sucks

really? i think figure wise its not really that bad. Would make a good dreadnock.

the lower half isn't bad, but the top yellow part, the head sculpt, and the tammy fay make-up are disturbing

Maybe? It looks like a hand-painted prototype, but are my eyes deceiving me or is that basically a repainted Baroness?

No part of this figure uses any single part of any 25th Baroness mold.

Forget "custom" and repaint... the reason I believe this might be legit is because of how *weird* the new tooling is. Lots of buckles and just weirdness for weirdness's sake. The kneepads really remind me of the Resolute designs. It's just random and weird enough to be authentic.

Food for thought.

considering that this figure uses new parts we haven't seen before, I'm not sure how you could hink it is a custom. if it is, itis one of the mot elaborate customs we've ever seen.