DCUC: Possible Wave 10?

BigDawg

I was listening to a guy and he said that Mattel was going to be cutting corners with the next wave of DCUC after the Green Arrow wave. This would give them a chance to fix some problems they'd been having while still getting some new product out there. This is what he told the Big Dawg would be in that wave:

1. Reverse Flash: A complete repaint of the Flash figure.

2. Gold Cyborg: Another complete repaint.

3. Brandon Choi Atom: Repaint of the elusive WalMart Atom.

4. Modern Green Lantern: This would beHal Jordan as seen currently in the comics where the field of green stops at his waist.

5. Classic Two-Face: This would be a re-release of the DCSH TF but with classic comic book coloring.

All figures would be released with a stand instead of a BAF part.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no drug addic (thank God), but when they cut the "so-called good dope" with the bad dope, is'nt that called "speed balling"? If so........then I guest that would be a good analogy for Mattel's latest stunt. They wanna give us more crap "candy coated" in a new toy disguise. They'er scared that they will loose their "junkie clinetel" & that we'll break free from our toy addiction lol. Kinda like that eps of Star Treck Next Gen, you know when Picard has to choose wheather to let the junkies in on the truth or let them suffer the with drawl of addiction.

Well I know this much. Mattel had damn well better not make this wave hard to get!! especialy when they them selves have practicualy admitted to it being re-hased crap.

See Mattel.................you would'nt be in this sticky wicket if you had just given us the fricken monkey!! But noooooooo you had to be lame & keep it for the con crowd. & now here you are with you hat in you hand asking US........YOUR LOYAL FANS to please be a good sport just one more time & buy the re-hased crap so we can catch our breaths & fix what should have been fixed a year ago.

well I don't need re-hased crap to keep my occupied, I got HT & DCD & heck even Hasbro (that is if they pick up the fricken pace with the classic TF's already). Good luck Mattel............roll your dice one more time! maby the fans will be there......................and maby we wont.

I wouldn't be surprised to see something like this, though it sounds more like an "exclusive" wave than a regular Wave 10. As I recall, we already had Wal-Mart listings for a probable Wave 10, didn't we? Or am I just confusing that with Infinite Heroes stuff?

I'm thinking, that if they do this, and considering the revision cases that are starting to show up, it's a way to catch their breath, while getting a good selection of classic core characters and repaints on the shelves.

it'll be a chance for those who missed out, and kids to jump into the series. while as a fan, not the best news, but i can see their side of thinking

Sounds fishy to me, at best this could be a new exclusive wave, but even then it sounds a bit off. But I just dont see Mattel doing a complete redeco wave for the normal line, and skipping a BAF as well, im calling bull on this info.

Until there is comfirmation from a more legitimate source than 'a guy', I'm pretty much ignoring this.

My thoughts exactly.

I don't discount the idea that Mattel will eventually make all these repaints anyway (although, can someone point me in the direction of the issue where Cyborg was gold? I know DCD did a repaint for their boxset lo these many years ago, but what issue is that from?) but this could be pure fan speculation and still end up being accurate. Heck, as far as CnC figures go, they could offer up a "repainted" Grodd as Monsieur Mallah. Toss a beret on his head and throw the Brain in someone else's package. badabing. "New" CnC also.

I would like a Reverse-Flash, a Choi Atom, and definitely a Two-Face since I missed him the first time around (they only made ten, and I wasn't at BigLots between 7:57 and 7:58 that morning. :angry: ). Modern Green Lantern seems like a pretty safe bet for an anchor figure somewhere down the line.

I was listening to a guy and he said that Mattel was going to be cutting corners with the next wave of DCUC after the Green Arrow wave. This would give them a chance to fix some problems they'd been having while still getting some new product out there. This is what he told the Big Dawg would be in that wave:

4. Modern Green Lantern: This would beHal Jordan as seen currently in the comics where the field of green stops at his waist.

5. Classic Two-Face: This would be a re-release of the DCSH TF but with classic comic book coloring.

Sorry, but this is not wave 10. It could be the bonus wave that was spoken of at NYCC, but not wave 10. Wave 10 has been comfirmed to include Man-Bat and possibly Joker.

Start to cut coners? They ALREADY use the exact same body for every figure. The only new sculpt we get is the head and the odd piece here or there.

Until there is comfirmation from a more legitimate source than 'a guy', I'm pretty much ignoring this.

My thoughts exactly.

I don't discount the idea that Mattel will eventually make all these repaints anyway (although, can someone point me in the direction of the issue where Cyborg was gold? I know DCD did a repaint for their boxset lo these many years ago, but what issue is that from?) but this could be pure fan speculation and still end up being accurate. Heck, as far as CnC figures go, they could offer up a "repainted" Grodd as Monsieur Mallah. Toss a beret on his head and throw the Brain in someone else's package. badabing. "New" CnC also.

I would like a Reverse-Flash, a Choi Atom, and definitely a Two-Face since I missed him the first time around (they only made ten, and I wasn't at BigLots between 7:57 and 7:58 that morning. :angry: ). Modern Green Lantern seems like a pretty safe bet for an anchor figure somewhere down the line.

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA!!! STOP THE MUSIC! whats all this about 10 Two Faces at Biglots??????? are you telling me that DCUC has made a mear 10 Two Faces and that they were only offered at a biglot store??? have I got that right?

If so when the hell did all this happen?? Jesus! whats going on :huh:

when u say getting their #$@# fixed.. what kinda problems r they having?

verious figs from verious waves were snapping off limbs and had some of the worst paint apps you ever saw. example Batgirl's stone wash uniform, Red Tornado's sloppy yellow stripes, verious figs haveing two right or left arms, haveing to freez, boil, blow dry, or just plain ol break out the vasiline to get the joints moveing.

The line has for quite some time been riddled with serious QC issues. It was a toy line that every one hated to buy off line because you never knew what was gonna be wrong with which of your figs. And toy collecting should'nt be that way.........its supose to be fun!

My thoughts exactly.

The gold Cyborg was from when he merged with Technis. I don't know the issue numbers, but it must have been pretty imporatant as it also involved the JLA. (Like Technis tried to do the alien thing and take over the world, or some such...)

The gold Cyborg was from when he merged with Technis. I don't know the issue numbers, but it must have been pretty imporatant as it also involved the JLA. (Like Technis tried to do the alien thing and take over the world, or some such...)

Going by memory it was The JLA/Titans crossover mini that lead to a new Titans series in the late 90's.

Going by memory it was The JLA/Titans crossover mini that lead to a new Titans series in the late 90's.

I'm thinking you're right.

I'm thinking you're right.

Cool. I'll have to hunt them down. Thanks guys. That was during the "Dark Ages" when I stopped collecting.

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA!!! STOP THE MUSIC! whats all this about 10 Two Faces at Biglots??????? are you telling me that DCUC has made a mear 10 Two Faces and that they were only offered at a biglot store??? have I got that right?

Um, I think he was just kidding around. Two Face was made during the DC Superheroes line when Mattel could only make Superman/Batman related characters. He and the Cassandra Cain Batgirl figure were hard to find, but there were more than ten.

Um, I think he was just kidding around. Two Face was made during the DC Superheroes line when Mattel could only make Superman/Batman related characters. He and the Cassandra Cain Batgirl figure were hard to find, but there were more than ten.

Yes, he was kidding around.