Walmart exclusive Lanard corp 10 pack

RoyalZarak

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lanard-The-Corps-LARS-...1QQcmdZViewItem

"From the 2008 Walmart Exclusive Limited Edition

Collectable Vintage Series 10-Pack Set.

This Limited Edition Set could only be

found at select Walmarts!!!"

I just need to know if these are still available in the Walmart stores. If so how much are there? I tried searching on google and couldn't find any pics of them.

All I heard so far is that these packs costs about $10-12 a pack which is great. i don't know ANY walmarts in NYC. Is there anyone willing to get me like three packs? Msg me if you can.

thanks,

i haven't seen o-ring corps figures at retail for 5+ years :( i rememer the 10 packs being super cheap. like at most 9 dollars.used to have them at kmarts, walmarts and ames. they were pretty cool but i'd end up buying the same figures over and over again because i'd play with them so much the thumbs and crotches broke like crazy. they had great humvees and and tanks and boats too. are they coming back out or something? that would be cool. the new ones suck they sold them in three packs too. u'd get 3 figures and a motorcycle for around 5 or less. u know.... that had to be like 2002 or earlier because i remember getting cc and chameleon 2 pack the same time i got corps! figures

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gi-Joe-Corps-Lanard-Fi...93%3A1|294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/BIG-Lot-LANARD-CORP-Ha...93%3A1|294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/LANARD-STAR-FORCE-THE-...93%3A1|294%3A50

i loved those star force ones ^

these things have supposedly been out before Christmas. I think the problem is they have the same SKU as the newer 10 packs, and since those dont sell no new product gets put out. My local WM's still dont have these out, i had to go to 4 different places to find a set.

The question I have is: Why?

Why not? CORPS actually has a very descent fan base, and im included. They were cheesy, but so cheesy that they are actually cool. Kind of like those cheesy 80's movies.

True. I had a few.

The line is kinda ironic. The first ones with the "joe" articulation had sucky accessories. When they tried to do a more "hardcore" looking ones, the accessories definately improved but thent he figures sucked.

Why not? CORPS actually has a very descent fan base, and im included. They were cheesy, but so cheesy that they are actually cool. Kind of like those cheesy 80's movies.

True. I had a few.

The line is kinda ironic. The first ones with the "joe" articulation had sucky accessories. When they tried to do a more "hardcore" looking ones, the accessories definately improved but thent he figures sucked.

Yeah, the wepons back in the day were lame-o. The thing i hated was the handles were always too big for the hands so and because the plastic was cheep it would break the thumbs.

Now the weapons are way better but the figures are blah. I mean they are pretty descent molds for what they are, but they should have just kept the old school style and made minor improvements to them. I think O-ring figures would sell pretty well now.

True. I had a few.

Yeah, the wepons back in the day were lame-o. The thing i hated was the handles were always too big for the hands so and because the plastic was cheep it would break the thumbs.

Now the weapons are way better but the figures are blah. I mean they are pretty descent molds for what they are, but they should have just kept the old school style and made minor improvements to them. I think O-ring figures would sell pretty well now.

Well the old guys were too "comicy".

wait.. aren't the guns in that pack even BIGGER than the old guns they used to come with?? i'd bough a couple of the newer figs awhile ago just to see, and they came with some of the weapons in the above pic. i much prefer the older corps accessories. the new ones are way over sized and the handles are even bigger. is it the same plasitic as before? any better quality? worse? the same? or are these just excess figures that were repackaged like some of the joes we saw recently with no accessories.

-and on a side note i would totally army build that 2nd guy on the top row to have a south american cobra organization...

wait.. aren't the guns in that pack even BIGGER than the old guns they used to come with?? i'd bough a couple of the newer figs awhile ago just to see, and they came with some of the weapons in the above pic. i much prefer the older corps accessories. the new ones are way over sized and the handles are even bigger. is it the same plasitic as before? any better quality? worse? the same? or are these just excess figures that were repackaged like some of the joes we saw recently with no accessories.

-and on a side note i would totally army build that 2nd guy on the top row to have a south american cobra organization...

Yeah these arent the old weapons for sure. Looks like they just picked from the pile of new weapons and put them in the box.

The platic looks to be the same quality as before, but i didnt open this set so i cant be positive. Still i wouldnt try to force any of these weapons in their hands.

As for the being excess figures, i dont think so. They havent had any figs like this out in years, many many years, and i think whatever they had left they put in those cheesy corps construction workers packs and released in forieng sets.

Plus they are all repainted.

I love that we're at the point where even knockoffs can claim vintage status. Toy collecting just continues to be the strangest hobby.

Well they aren't really "knock-offs".

When someone says "knock-off" I think actual copies of originals.

I'd buy that for a [ten] dollar [bill]!

These are all right - they may be made out of cheaper plastic without as much detail, but whatevs.

I found a set today and for $12.00 you really cant go wrong. Theses ara a whole lot better than the new Corps figures. I always bought these back in the day anyway. The space series was pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...