Who is your DCUC Flash?

yojoebro82

Yeah, I know the back of the box says Barry Allen but mine's gonna be Wally.

I think somewhere I read there was SOME difference between the two costumes--one costume's lightning bolt faces one way while the other's faces a different way...something like that? Biiiiiiiig woop!

Wally for me.

Yeah, I know the back of the box says Barry Allen but mine's gonna be Wally.

I think somewhere I read there was SOME difference between the two costumes--one costume's lightning bolt faces one way while the other's faces a different way...something like that? Biiiiiiiig woop!

Wally for me.

It's not a lot of difference but it's there. Barry's lightning bolt around his waist is horisontal.

11229_a_full.jpg

Wally's is in kind of a V shape and it sometimes doesn't meet in the front middle (depends on artist):

10057_a_full.jpg

Also Wally has green eyes and Barry has blue eyes.

Honestly really that small differance is so trivial does it really matter. And when the suit is on you cant see the face other than the jawline so flash is flash. But if i had to choose it would be the old flash who ever that is. I love flash but a guy running fast is a guy running fast no matter the suit

My Flash is Barry. Always has been. The little upstarts that have tried to take his place in the interim are nothing more than that - plot devices.

What's going to happen when DCUC decides to put out 'variants' like Wally and Bart? (Not that they should - I'd prefer a Max Mercury or Jesse Quick over those repaints any day!)

My Flash is Barry. Always has been. The little upstarts that have tried to take his place in the interim are nothing more than that - plot devices.

What's going to happen when DCUC decides to put out 'variants' like Wally and Bart? (Not that they should - I'd prefer a Max Mercury or Jesse Quick over those repaints any day!)

Even though I grew up with Barry too, I don't think Wally can be called a "plot device". He's been around as The Flash for over 20 years. he was the first legacy hero I was introduced to.

yeah, a fast guy is a fast guy but their personalities and backgrounds were so different that when they replaced Barry with Wally it opened up a huge amount of new stories they could tell.

I loved Barry, loved Wally and am wondering how they are gonna make this work....

DCUC Flash is Barry, no argument. It's his costume, not Wally's.

For my money, tho, I'd absolutely double-dip for a Wally Flash with the correct belt, for my "Modern" JLA display, which would include Kyle Raynor GL and Peter David's Aquaman revamp. Yes, to me "Modern" means the 90s. Today's "modern" is just the 1960s again.

FYI Barry Allen's Flash series ran from issue 105(Mar '59) to issue 350(Oct. '85). That's 245 issues.

Wally's current Flash series went 247 issues, plus a Zero issue, a 1,000,000 isssue and thirteen Annuals.

Wally West is the Flash. Barry's return is the plot device.

I don't know Barry Allen.

However, I have tons of Wally West Flash comics. A BIG run from the early Mark Waid through the Grant Morrison stuff and then through the Joeff Johns run. So that's what I grew up on. Unfortunately, the people who call the shots grew up on Barry which is why he is THE Flash to them and which is why he's coming back. Wally wouldn't have lasted 20+ years as the Flash if he sucked.

I got nothing against Barry Allen, really but bringing him back is just so predictable. What would have been better is if they had established the Flash as someone who's mantle is taken up by different heroes over time, keeping the tradition of Flash alive. Jay Garrick, Barry Allen, Wally West, and so on. They seemed to be going down that road for a while. Now they seem to be going backwards. Barry died. And it wasn't a cheep death. It was heroic. But hey, anything after Barry isn't what the DC editors remembered from the Super Friends cartoon, so it must be bad. Barry's return IS indeed the plot device.

FYI Barry Allen's Flash series ran from issue 105(Mar '59) to issue 350(Oct. '85). That's 245 issues.

Wally's current Flash series went 247 issues, plus a Zero issue, a 1,000,000 isssue and thirteen Annuals.

Not to fault your logic but there where times during Barry's run when comics weren't published monthly and the fact that D.C. fell away from doing Annuals during most of his run. Plus if your counting issues, then you should count Barrys Showcase ones.

I like both characters and hope they use both of them in the comics, but I grew up with Barry...and the figure is Barry.

he's Barry...that or the Wally West Kid Flash from DCUC i have standing next to him is gonna have a serious existential crisis

But then you could call Kid Flash Bart Allen, from the start of the current Teen Titans series. I'd rather have Impulse, of course, but there are ways.

Still, Wally would be wearing Barry's outfit, and there's really no way to look past that one.

I hope they do a repaint down the road so we can have a full grown Wally, maybe in a 2-pk or something like that, because my Kid Flash has to be Bart Allen, he is standing next to Tim Drake Robin and Nightwing in my Teen Titans/Outsiders/JLI shelf.

Picture100.jpg

I don't have a problem with Barry being in my JLA vs. LOD shelf until we get Kyle and Wally figures.

Picture097.jpg

I gave it a quick thought when wave 7 came out, and chose Barry even though I do not use Kid Flash.

But pondering it now, I am torn. I want to say Barry, but I've been catching up on my Flash collection (at about issue 218 right now) and I really like Wally.

I'm siding with YoJoeBro82, Rollo Tomassi, Dragon66, and Straight Edge!

Everbody loves Barry, and yes, the packaging says BARRY ALLEN

but If I had a choice, I am going with Wally West as Flash and then have Bart Allen as Kid Flash (whom I prefer as Impulse, more original than the KF moniker)

The idea is that DC is going back to its "glory days" and the sidekicks resemble the old ways a bit, and this is translating to the action figures as well. That is why we have two version of Firestorm, and two versions of the upcoming Mantis and Parademon figures. (At least that is my opinion).

Wally really grew into the Flash role and even learned to do things with the Speed Force that Barry had never done. After all the time invested into the character, make mine Wallace West.

I'm a bigger fan of Wally, but the costume is Barry's so the figure is Barry. Its the same reasoning that you wouldnt use DCUC Robin as Dick Grayson or Blue Beetle as Jamie Reyes (those are more extreme cases, but you get the point).

Oh, the figure is definitely Barry.

I'm sure we'll get a Wally Flash figure down the road. We'll probably even get the darker red with white lenses costume at some point when they need another anchor for wave 20 or something. And I would hope to get a full sized "Kid Flash" Wally West at some point. The one we have now is the 1960's Teen Titans version. You can call it the Impulse/Kid Flash version, but the boots are all wrong. And I imagine we'll get an "Inertia" repaint eventually. Gotta recyle dem molds, don't ya?

he's Barry...that or the Wally West Kid Flash from DCUC i have standing next to him is gonna have a serious existential crisis

But then you could call Kid Flash Bart Allen, from the start of the current Teen Titans series. I'd rather have Impulse, of course, but there are ways.

Still, Wally would be wearing Barry's outfit, and there's really no way to look past that one.

no, you can't.

that Kid Flash costume is ALL WRONG for Bart's.

further, Bart has brown hair and yellow eyes. Wally has red hair and green eyes.