who wants a original 13 box set

xhairs

original 13 box set  

43 members have voted

1. 1. original 13 box set

• yes they need to
    • no we got them
    • split it in 2 then yes.

I voted no, as I already have most of them. ('cept Zap)

BUT I think this would surely have been the way to go to introduce the line in the first place! That would have been stellar! So, I like the idea, but it would be too late now.

Its moot isn't it? We already got all these guys, even Zap (technically).

Whether people agree or not, the line IS finite (nothing lasts forever) so wouldn't it be better to get NEW guys or guys we haven't got over rehashes of guys that were, well,not that popular?

The only way, I see, this would be ok would be if they used the LATER versions of said characters. But not all of them GOT later versions (Steeler, Breaker, Flash, Short-Fuze and, technically, Grand Slam never got them). And, that having been said, I don't quite understand the furvor over getting them all when some of them just weren't that popular to begin with. Yeah, originally, when the 25th line first started it seemed important.

But now? I'd rather have Repeater, Downtown, Dial-Tone, Footloose, Sci-Fi and Heavy Metal, for example.

Not a bad idea actually, especially if they refined Grunt, Rock'n Roll (with the fixed arms), and Short Fuze. I'd get it. But really I'd rather see some sub-team box sets, like Tiger Force, Night Force, etc. That would be off-the-charts cool...

Two seven packs where the one pack has the 14th. Joe: Shooter!!!

oh yes we need her.

But now she's been wiped away along with everything else DDP did, so what's the point.

Says who? Sparks already got a cameo in IDW #2. DDp may be a dead continuity, but every character they added to the mythos (and thus the franchise) is as alive and well. I say go for it! A repaint of the new Lady Jaye body with Pilot Scarlett (Glenda)'s head might make a pretty handy Shooter.

For my money, though, I'd rather they split it into two 8-packs. Use the new Zap body as a base (has the throwback boots and proper trouser pouches (no knife/gun holsters). Short-sleeve Joes should use the Viper upper arm, and Tomax/Xamot lower arms (new bare hands FTW).

Box #1: Snake-Eyes (Flash/G.S. lower legs), Scarlett (paint the molded on belt, forget the add-on belt), Stalker, Breaker (Clutch head), Grand Slam (Comic pack Hawk head), Steeler (Shipwreck torso/Trooper arms, '86 Hawk shoulder holster), Zap, Cobra Officer.

Box #2: Hawk (new headsculpt w/Flat-top), Clutch, Rock'n Roll, Flash, Grunt (Hawk head), Short-Fuze (new head mold, Zap's webgear), Cobra Trooper, Cobra Commander (Resolute battle mask, Dvd 5-Pack helmet, alternate new sculpt hooded head).

That'd give just about everyone their proper 1982 look, right down to the head sharing and body reuse (where necessary). I'd wait for 2012, for a 30th Anniversary cash-in. This kind of set is very ambitious (even with the bare minimum of new tooling), and you'd need a good amount of time to pass, plus a tie-in event to make this thing sell in the numbers it'd need to make it worth Hasbro's time.

As an apology from Hasbro for the woefully incomplete and poorly executed 15th Anniversary "Stars and Stripes Forever" set, it'd definitely be worth the wait, and the price.

I say YES! I would want two 7 figure sets. Then with the following improvements...

Breaker - Needs his backpack, new bearded head & short-sleeved arms.

Clutch - Needs short-sleeves. Just needs new bare hands that the other short-sleeved figures would need too. I like Straight Edge's suggestion with the short-sleeves.

Flash - Needs new head.

Grand Slam - I think there are a few people who didn't get him the 1st time around. Plus he needs his jetpack.

Grunt - Needs new head. Plus a few people missed him in the 3 pack.

Hawk- Needs bare hands.

Rock N Roll - Almost good with the comic pack version needs bare hands. Gun holster instead of knife sheath.

Scarlett - Needs new head.

Short Fuze - Needs new head, web gear like Zap, new bare hands, Zap's backpack, & UBP one doesn't count! @hmmm@

Snake Eyes - Hmmm don't think anything needs fixing here. Perhaps a better cartoon colored version. Oh and Flash/GS boots to match the original would be good too.

Stalker - Needs new bare hands not painted over gloves.

Steeler - Needs new torso maybe use Wild Bill's? Needs his trademark visor. I wouldn't mind them making him cartoon colored.

Zap - New 7 pack one looks good. So I wouldn't mind this one be his cartoon remake.

Then one of the packs will need another character. I wouldn't mind a Sparks. Shooter is just forgettable. However I bet they would add another Duke. @loll@

I'd also like single pack Cobra Troopers with DVD #5's helmet. ;)

Two seven packs where the one pack has the 14th. Joe: Shooter!!!

oh yes we need her.

But now she's been wiped away along with everything else DDP did, so what's the point.

Says who? Sparks already got a cameo in IDW #2. DDp may be a dead continuity, but every character they added to the mythos (and thus the franchise) is as alive and well. I say go for it! A repaint of the new Lady Jaye body with Pilot Scarlett (Glenda)'s head might make a pretty handy Shooter.

For my money, though, I'd rather they split it into two 8-packs. Use the new Zap body as a base (has the throwback boots and proper trouser pouches (no knife/gun holsters). Short-sleeve Joes should use the Viper upper arm, and Tomax/Xamot lower arms (new bare hands FTW).

Box #1: Snake-Eyes (Flash/G.S. lower legs), Scarlett (paint the molded on belt, forget the add-on belt), Stalker, Breaker (Clutch head), Grand Slam (Comic pack Hawk head), Steeler (Shipwreck torso/Trooper arms, '86 Hawk shoulder holster), Zap, Cobra Officer.

Box #2: Hawk (new headsculpt w/Flat-top), Clutch, Rock'n Roll, Flash, Grunt (Hawk head), Short-Fuze (new head mold, Zap's webgear), Cobra Trooper, Cobra Commander (Resolute battle mask, Dvd 5-Pack helmet, alternate new sculpt hooded head).

That'd give just about everyone their proper 1982 look, right down to the head sharing and body reuse (where necessary). I'd wait for 2012, for a 30th Anniversary cash-in. This kind of set is very ambitious (even with the bare minimum of new tooling), and you'd need a good amount of time to pass, plus a tie-in event to make this thing sell in the numbers it'd need to make it worth Hasbro's time.

As an apology from Hasbro for the woefully incomplete and poorly executed 15th Anniversary "Stars and Stripes Forever" set, it'd definitely be worth the wait, and the price.

I'm not the biggest original 13 fan but i think they have the place and got shafted the 25th go around. This option is nice, or a rearrange with no cobras would be fine. They could have an alternate pack 7 pack with CC, 1 officer, 1 old style comic televiper and 4 troopers.

I also wouldn't mind one with a slightly different take, including rock n roll v2, a grunt based on his jvc version, hawk w/ brown hair (I think him as blonde is one of the few retroactive things that make sense, to differ him from duke) a tan clutchand a black fatigue breaker (if se was blue in the toon, maybe he was really wearing black) as for the 14th figure? How about Joe colton as either a ranger or a General. Flagg (I), Austin, Sparks, or Shooter. This might take away from the original feel though.

If you really want to go away from that I wouldn't mind new interpretations based on real modern day soldiers. Y'know put him today's standard camo, give clutch dessert style, make grandslam and flash a little more realistic, but still using "advanced" armor or weapons. Make se look like a black ops solider, include no sword. As for scarlet? a regular military uniform would hardly hurt her.

Joe Colton, for me, should head up a multi-pack for the 50th Anniversary of the brand, in 2014. If I had my druthers, two 5-packs would represent the 12" glory days quite well.

Original Action Team: Colton (1967 Green Beret uniform), a solider, sailor, pilot, and marine.

Adventure Team: Colton (older headsculpt and officer's uniform), Jane the field medic, Eagle Eye Joe (with beard and hunting rifle), Bulletman, and Mike "Atomic" Power.

As for modern interpretations of the RAH characters, we're more-or-less getting that with the Movie line and Resolute. The Desert Gear Duke is, at least, grounded in real-world military of the now.

Not to completely go off on a tangent but IDW is showwing us the original team being put together in G.I Joe Origins and the team so far consist of Hawk, Stalker, Scarlet, SE and Duke. Which one of these guys was not an original Joe? There for the whole DDP run and for that matter the whole Marvel run has ceased(and yes I know it all metaphorical but still) to exist and is now some alt Universe sense this is now Joe continuity.

There for the whole DDP run and for that matter the whole Marvel run has ceased(and yes I know it all metaphorical but still) to exist and is now some alt Universe sense this is now Joe continuity.

The Marvel/DDP continuity is over. It's not somehow illegitimate. Just because IDW is current doesn't mean it's the only one that counts.

Regardless, the legitimacy of one continuity or the other had nothing to do with my point, which was that regardless of who created/fleshed out a certain character, every Joe that ever existed is part of the franchise as it exists today, and thus any one of them is fair game for a new figure, or inclusion in the IDW comic, Resolute, or any new media that comes up in the future.

Joe Colton, for me, should head up a multi-pack for the 50th Anniversary of the brand, in 2014. If I had my druthers, two 5-packs would represent the 12" glory days quite well.

Original Action Team: Colton (1967 Green Beret uniform), a solider, sailor, pilot, and marine.

Adventure Team: Colton (older headsculpt and officer's uniform), Jane the field medic, Eagle Eye Joe (with beard and hunting rifle), Bulletman, and Mike "Atomic" Power.

As for modern interpretations of the RAH characters, we're more-or-less getting that with the Movie line and Resolute. The Desert Gear Duke is, at least, grounded in real-world military of the now.

Oh, I'd get behind those 5-pack ideas for sure.

I disagree guys; we're talking about the original thirteen ARAH Joes here. Many fans are just sentimental about them for that reason, not because they are the most detailed or "modern" military figures.

And...to me their "vintage" look tends to make them look more like the prototype Joe team from decades ago that they really ended-up being when waves and waves of team member were added over the years. (Does that even make sense?)

Not to completely go off on a tangent but IDW is showwing us the original team being put together in G.I Joe Origins and the team so far consist of Hawk, Stalker, Scarlet, SE and Duke. Which one of these guys was not an original Joe? There for the whole DDP run and for that matter the whole Marvel run has ceased(and yes I know it all metaphorical but still) to exist and is now some alt Universe sense this is now Joe continuity.

Duke.