new pics of the 7 packs with accessories

CLAM

check em out here... look pretty good..

but Wetsuit is getting a mask instead of a Helmet??? that seals it, he is just NOT Wetsuit!

post-2334-1239168365_thumb.jpg

post-2334-1239168382_thumb.jpg

Chuckles pisses me off. They were able to give him a holster that worked back in 1987. AND we've gotten holsters with a bunch of the 25th figures....so why not here?

I mean honestly, the figure/characters was kinda lame, but that holster was pretty damn cool.

yeah, HitnRun should have his dufflebag with the retractable grappling hook and knife.. that was always one of my favorite accessories, simply amazing for it's time.

here are some other comments about changes I would make:

HitnRun :seems like the top webgear isn't right. And that machine gun doesn't fit him at all. PLUS, he could have actually used the Duke arms!!!

Recondo : definitely needs the Flint sleeves, and could have used some different lower legs with spats or whatever. Could have also used his gun holster as webgear.

Ripcord : the gun is not right for him at all... and I am betting that the mask/helmet won't fit well at all, like Blowtorch.

Wetsuit : needs his helmet, short sleeves, and different legs.

Chuckles : needs different lower legs with longer pants, shouldn't have gloves, but I think I am okay with the shirt.

Outback : looks really good, although I might prefer his old webgear to the big vest.

Zap : nothin

COBRA

BATS : nothin, isn't this pretty much the HOH version??

NightCreeper : nothing, he kicks ass

Mindbender : I'm lovin him too... just hope he comes with a bit more of his gear

Lampreys : he's okay.. I prefer the older outfit style though, like a wetsuit more. He needs his old awesome gun, and I hope his helmet will cover his face.

Stratoviper : looks great as is

Alley Viper : looks amazing! no changes

Rangeviper : I'm not sure about his helmet, doesn't look as cool as the old one from here, but will need to see better pics to judge. Other than that and his backpack, he looks great.

Recondo : definitely needs the Flint sleeves, and could have used some different lower legs with spats or whatever. Could have also used his gun holster as webgear.

It's there. Just below his backpack, at an odd angle.

oh thats what that is, isn't it!

thanks for pointing that out

No problem. Now explain what that thing above Chuckle's knife is, and we'll be even. ;)

My thoughts:

Duke's arms are one of Hasbro's biggest screw-ups in this line. First, the alleged "Factory Mistake" of putting the articulation in the wrong part of the forearm, secondly for their insistence upon using them for every character that had short sleeves originally. Duke, Doc, Leatherneck, Storm Shadow '88, Hit & Run, and Red Star are among the very few who could've used the Duke arms. Leatherneck and Reddie got the bad wrists, Storm Shadow got replaced by the Ninja Viper, and now H&R won't even use them! So irritating!

Hasbro's second biggest screw-up has been replacing those Duke arms with Shipwreck arms, instead of tooling one set of normal-muscled shorts sleeves that could use gloved or bare hands (watches and gauntlets to cover the joints is better than gloves on everyone). So everyone that doesn't have 3/4 sleeve cuffs have unbearably chiseled forearms that only Popeye, Roadblock, and longshoremen should have. Now we're getting Chuckles, Outback and *$&%# Night Creepers (who's muscles somehow show thru their long sleeves) when Hasbro's already developed new forearms for Tomax/Xamot, Shipwreck (09 5-pack), and Mindbender that would be much more appropriate.

Don't even get me started on the fact that Shipwreck's original "closed fist" was replaced by one specifically molded for Flint to hold his shotgun, and the lame-wrist angle makes almost any other use of these hands sad and annoying. At least Chuckles gets Spirit's gloves, even with the weird fingers on the left hand.

I love Mindbender, Alley-Viper, and Zap, they're perfect. In fact, I want 13 Zaps, as the starting point for a proper O13 that'll have to be customized. Zap's got the right boots, the right web gear, the awesome backpack, and on and on... *really makes Short Fuze look like an afterthought in hindsight.

Is it just me who can't see the pictures?

What are you seeing..anything?

Funny watching HISSTank fall all over themselves to delete images of the 7 packs when a friendlier site has them available for viewing.

Wonder what the big deal is? We've seen them all before this already? @hmmm@

must...not ...start...buying...25th figures...again...>.<

Why not Phoenix? I did. (lol)

I was a little underwhelmed by this set at first, especially since they weren't gonna be released on cardbacks. But I've warmed up to them in a big way. Some of these were old favorites of mine, like Wet-suit, Chuckles (yes, Chuckles) (lol), Lampreys, Outback, and Dr. Mindbender, and yet others, like the Alley Viper and Range Viper, were cool figures I never had from the vintage line. So I'm really looking forward to this set. I'm especially looking forward to Recondo. He was always a big favorite. I'm like others though in that I really wish Hasbro hadn't taken the lazy way out on Wet-suit and would have sculpted a helmet, but I still love the figure.

No problem. Now explain what that thing above Chuckle's knife is, and we'll be even. ;)

My thoughts:

Duke's arms are one of Hasbro's biggest screw-ups in this line. First, the alleged "Factory Mistake" of putting the articulation in the wrong part of the forearm, secondly for their insistence upon using them for every character that had short sleeves originally. Duke, Doc, Leatherneck, Storm Shadow '88, Hit & Run, and Red Star are among the very few who could've used the Duke arms. Leatherneck and Reddie got the bad wrists, Storm Shadow got replaced by the Ninja Viper, and now H&R won't even use them! So irritating!

Hasbro's second biggest screw-up has been replacing those Duke arms with Shipwreck arms, instead of tooling one set of normal-muscled shorts sleeves that could use gloved or bare hands (watches and gauntlets to cover the joints is better than gloves on everyone). So everyone that doesn't have 3/4 sleeve cuffs have unbearably chiseled forearms that only Popeye, Roadblock, and longshoremen should have. Now we're getting Chuckles, Outback and *$&%# Night Creepers (who's muscles somehow show thru their long sleeves) when Hasbro's already developed new forearms for Tomax/Xamot, Shipwreck (09 5-pack), and Mindbender that would be much more appropriate.

Don't even get me started on the fact that Shipwreck's original "closed fist" was replaced by one specifically molded for Flint to hold his shotgun, and the lame-wrist angle makes almost any other use of these hands sad and annoying. At least Chuckles gets Spirit's gloves, even with the weird fingers on the left hand.

I love Mindbender, Alley-Viper, and Zap, they're perfect. In fact, I want 13 Zaps, as the starting point for a proper O13 that'll have to be customized. Zap's got the right boots, the right web gear, the awesome backpack, and on and on... *really makes Short Fuze look like an afterthought in hindsight.

That would be a briefcase. I wish they would have given Recondo a different holster than Gen. Hawks. I really think they could have done a better job on Hit & Run.

It tells me there are attachments there, but the pics aren't showing :(

Try these:

COBRA 7-PACK

G.I.JOE 7-PACK

Funny watching HISSTank fall all over themselves to delete images of the 7 packs when a friendlier site has them available for viewing.

Now im not defending HT here, but the GIJCC (where these pics originated from) gets crazy upset when people use their pics, and cause a lot of unnecessary problems sometimes.

Regardless of that, i really dig these packs. I cant wait to get my hands on them!

Now im not defending HT here, but the GIJCC (where these pics originated from) gets crazy upset when people use their pics, and cause a lot of unnecessary problems sometimes.

yeah..yeah..yeah! :rolleyes: Because we all know how important it is, for the privileged and ENTITLED members of a toy collecting community to have their sense of "extra special" standing within it..be STROKED!

These are the kinds of issues that crack me up sometimes, with regards to my fellow collectors and those that feed off our eccentric, obsessive and neurotic mentalities. ^_^ Maybe I just don't see the importance in it, or take it so serious as others, but GEEEESH! PAYING for "privilege" gets a little too political for me and I LOVE politics, but not when it comes to G.I.Joe toys and information about them.

btw..this ISN'T aimed at you HC, just the issue of which you spoke. ;)

CLAM made some good points. I just want to add...

Hit & Run could have had a duffel if they used the one from here http://www.yojoe.com/action/04/blackdragonninja.shtml

Wet-Suit could have just used the Cobra Eel helmet easily! Plus Hasbro seems to have a problem using short sleeve arms along with bare hands.

Ripcord is using Blowtorch's mask. I wish they made the goggles with clear plastic. I don't like his gun either.

yeah..yeah..yeah! :rolleyes: Because we all know how important it is, for the privileged and ENTITLED members of a toy collecting community to have their sense of "extra special" standing within it..be STROKED!

These are the kinds of issues that crack me up sometimes, with regards to my fellow collectors and those that feed off our eccentric, obsessive and neurotic mentalities. ^_^ Maybe I just don't see the importance in it, or take it so serious as others, but GEEEESH! PAYING for "privilege" gets a little too political for me and I LOVE politics, but not when it comes to G.I.Joe toys and information about them.

btw..this ISN'T aimed at you HC, just the issue of which you spoke. ;)

No man, i fully agree. I dont pay for that, no way. i mean why? within a day of the release its on the net anyways lol. Common now, anyone that knows me, or knows my site knows its all about the community.

anyone that knows me, or knows my site knows its all about the community.

Exactly! It's becoming more and more a "RICH BEEYOTCH" man's hobby as it is (and a shame, considering it's just TOYS not real estate) so with the crappy economy putting a major dent in the expendable income some of us have for such TOYS, the least we could get is the written TEXT on some things, without being reminded of out lesser ranking in the community DELAYING it? <_<