Orko

I was just thinking about Orko, and how he's a smaller character... I was wondering how Mattel will handle his character for the classics line... I was thinking maybe they would pack him with Cringer, Uncle Montork or maybe Dree Elle... But the Trollans are probably filmation character... What do you all think?

I was just thinking about Orko, and how he's a smaller character... I was wondering how Mattel will handle his character for the classics line... I was thinking maybe they would pack him with Cringer, Uncle Montork or maybe Dree Elle... But the Trollans are probably filmation character... What do you all think?

Good question. I hadnt thought about that since he is smaller. I bet he is packaged with someone OR an exclusive. Battlecat and Orko would be do-able, but I doubt it would be with the others you mentioned.

Unless Mattel learns from the current Gleek the Wonder-Monkey scandal, he'll probably be an exclusive. I imagine that the Horsemen would create something half-way between Classic Filmation Orko (who luckily got a figure in the '80s like Falcon Sorceress) and 200X, which would make a lot of people happy. The 200X Orko works pretty well, for me at least, with the MOTU Classics, except he's still a little too big.

BTW Orko had a medallion back in the Filmation cartoon, too. He lost it rescuing Adam and Cringer.

Unless Mattel learns from the current Gleek the Wonder-Monkey scandal, he'll probably be an exclusive. I imagine that the Horsemen would create something half-way between Classic Filmation Orko (who luckily got a figure in the '80s like Falcon Sorceress) and 200X, which would make a lot of people happy. The 200X Orko works pretty well, for me at least, with the MOTU Classics, except he's still a little too big.

BTW Orko had a medallion back in the Filmation cartoon, too. He lost it rescuing Adam and Cringer.

Yup I remember. I thought it was funny how they switched the stories around between the Filmation and Mike Young versions. In the original Filmation version Orko saves Adam and Cringer with his Medallion and loses it only to be left with his magic wand. In the Mike Young version Orko saves Adam and Cringer using his magic wand and loses that one but keeps the medallion. Very interesting takes on the story.

At NYCC, Mattel said there's another accessory that comes with Man-At-Arms that they didn't reveal. I can't remember their words, but the way they said it led some people to think it would be Orko.

Other than it being tough for him to fit in the package, I have to say that it would make sense.

probably be a regular figure.. packed by himself as one of the monthly release figures.

you don't see Hasbro charging less for R2D2, why would Mattel do him as a pack in when they could sell him outright?

I don't think Orko should be an exclusive of any sort. I know some people don't like him, but he was one of the most prominent characters of the series. I don't think anyone's collection would be complete without him.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE