3 versions of "Rise of Cobra" Cobra Commander?

HissCommander

I was scoping out the new CC figures on ebay and noticed 3 different variations of the figures. (wheres the face palm when you need it?)

One has a gray lab coat, a clear mask, and breathing tubes.

One has a black lab coat, a bit of silver paint on the mask, and NO breathing tubes.

One has a black lab coat, silver paint mas, AND breathing tubes.

NOW, i know you skeptics out there are saying "its the glare" Well i did some investigating and talked to my people who know people and received confirmation that these are legit variations. Apparently a running production change was made to correspond with the look of the movie character more. (If you notice on the card art CC has no tubes and a black jacket )

At first i thought maybe it was a package error on the one with the black jacket and no tubes, but those loose images of CC popped up while the ebay auction was still active, so there are obviously more that 1 of these out there.

I also found out that these variations are sought after in the Hong Kong area and fetching a pretty penny over there.

Now that this 3rd version has popped up though, im going to need to do a bit more snooping to see whats up with it.

Updated: Found 2 more variations today. This time we have an ice viper with clear goggles, and one with black goggles.

http://www.theterrordrome.com/forums/viewt...=136&t=2311

post-20224-1239049776_thumb.jpg

post-20224-1239049781_thumb.jpg

I was scoping out the new CC figures on ebay and noticed 3 different variations of the figures. (wheres the face palm when you need it?)

What...like this? aslapshead.gif

One has a gray lab coat, a clear mask, and breathing tubes.

One has a black lab coat, a bit of silver paint on the mask, and NO breathing tubes.

One has a black lab coat, silver paint mas, AND breathing tubes.

NOW, i know you skeptics out there are say "its the glare" Well i did some investigating and talked to my people who know people and received confirmation that these are legit variations. I also have a picture of CC loose with the Black Jacket. Apparently a running production change was made to correspond with the look of the movie character more. (If you notice on the card art CC has no tubes and a black jacket )

I also found out that these variations are sought after in the Hong Kong area and fetching a pretty penny over there.

Now that this 3rd version has popped up though, im going to need to do a bit more snooping to see whats up with it.

Can't really see any reason to release anything else but the one with tubes and the Black jacket? The others are kinda pointless, weird variations.

This whole take on CC is BS. So is he supposed to have cobra venom in him and that's why he is all F*cked up looking? I mean he does come with a cobra snake and some venom-injecting looking thing.

I'll probably still buy this figure when I see him just to complete my CC collection. @loll@

I think I prefer him without the hoses, or at least ones that stand out so much. If they were smaller or much closer to the base of his mask like they appear to be on the Combat Heroes version, then I'd like it alot better. Ahh...I'd take him either way, as long as he didn't have just the holes where the hoses were supposed to go but without hoses. Kinda reminds me of the whole "long-saber"/"short-saber-in-long-tray" debacle from the POTF2 line years ago. (Geeze...I'm old enough to refer to a modern era of collecting from "years ago". (lol)

I'll probably still buy this figure when I see him just to complete my CC collection. @loll@

I'll definitely buy the action figure here, but I don't think I'll consider it another version of CC. It's a nice addition to the Cobra ranks though, but just isn't what I'd like to see as another CC outfit/disguise/getup!

We've seen so many types of Vipers, Cobra's, baddies that have the masks and tubes and weird contraptions strapped to their bodies for life support or super strength, that THIS just looks like any one of THOSE, instead of having any of the more DISTINCT CC appearances.

Cool toy, cool NEW character...but crappy looking if it's Cobra Commander, and even if it's just one of his MANY looks in the movie or just the first of what they're planning for the future (in the franchise..if it goes beyond this one) I think this one is lame.

The reason for the differences is the initial image (gray coat, clear mask, w/ hoses) wasn't a final product. Most of the first products and images on eBay aren't the final product. That's why you shouldn't form an opinion until the final product is released by Hasbro. That's why images get yanked.

The reason for the differences is the initial image (gray coat, clear mask, w/ hoses) wasn't a final product. Most of the first products and images on eBay aren't the final product. That's why you shouldn't form an opinion until the final product is released by Hasbro. That's why images get yanked.

I didnt form any opinions, i was just pointing out the fact that there have been 3 different figures listed. Thought it was an interesting piece of info.

Didn't know you could have real variants of poop, but ya learn something new everyday!

@hmmm@ Really?

I can think of quite a NUMBER of "variants" in poop?

Juicy Poops!

Corn in Poops!

Peanuts in Poops!

Liquid Poops!

Little Boulder Poops!

Cloggin' Log Poops!

Stringy Poops!

Bloody Poops!

Runny Poops!

Stinky Poops!

Shootin Poops!

Shy Poops!

O-Ring bustin' Poops!

Opps I Poops!

Sneeze & Poops!

Mustard Soup Poops!

Bean Poops!

@onthecan@ thought I had to poop..Poops!

Didn't know you could have real variants of poop, but ya learn something new everyday!

@hmmm@ Really?

*list snipped for brevity*

TMI!

Also disturbing how much thought you've put into poop....

I'll definitely buy the action figure here, but I don't think I'll consider it another version of CC. It's a nice addition to the Cobra ranks though, but just isn't what I'd like to see as another CC outfit/disguise/getup!

We've seen so many types of Vipers, Cobra's, baddies that have the masks and tubes and weird contraptions strapped to their bodies for life support or super strength, that THIS just looks like any one of THOSE, instead of having any of the more DISTINCT CC appearances.

Cool toy, cool NEW character...but crappy looking if it's Cobra Commander, and even if it's just one of his MANY looks in the movie or just the first of what they're planning for the future (in the franchise..if it goes beyond this one) I think this one is lame.

Yeah, that's pretty much my problem. I'm all for reinvented movie looks, as I'm willing to admit that a lot of traditional comic/cartoon costumes would look silly in a big-budget live-action movie... but this is SO far out in left field from any version of the character that's come before that it's just too jarring. Even more when there are several characters in the line's past that are similar to this.

I'm hanging onto the hope that this is a "scene-specific" figure, like so many others, and we'll have something at least marginally closer later on (not to mention in the movie itself). If I end up with this figure (given inevitable repaint multi-packs, it seems likely no matter how hard I try to avoid it), I'll probably see what I can do with it. Might be an interesting alternative to a 25th Darklon, or Jin Saotome's "Bloody Baron", or some "new" character...

@hmmm@ Really?

*list snipped for brevity*

TMI!

Also disturbing how much thought you've put into poop....

@haha@ I was wondering if I was going to get called out on that or not?