Hall of Heroes available it appears

pesatyel

So, WHICH are the best to get?

What I mean is, I was planning to get some of the Vipers to get the corrected hands (ultimately cheaper than getting several of the 5 packs and I don't really need the extra of the others).

Zartan looks different, I think, so probably him too.

But what about the others? Are they worth getting, or do I "already have them"?

And, bear in mind, I'm an opener, so I don't really care about MOC or packaging.

What I mean is, I was planning to get some of the Vipers to get the corrected hands (ultimately cheaper than getting several of the 5 packs and I don't really need the extra of the others).

And, bear in mind, I'm an opener, so I don't really care about MOC or packaging.

These figures have all been released in some form already. The only "New" figures your getting here are the battle damaged BAT, and Firefly but its really only new accessories and/or colors.

The Zartan is the same, he just has some weathering. I also thing he uses the 5 pack head.

These are good if you didnt collect and of the CP's or multi packs, or if you want those figures on a single card.

Personally, i dont collect anything but the singles so these are all a BONUS to me.

So, to answer your question of "do you have them already" Maybe

Commando snake eyes = wave 5 commando snake eyes

SE w/ Timber = New 5 Pack Snake Eyes

BeachHead = Comic Pack Beachhead

Storm Shadow = New 5 pack Stomr Shadow

Flint = New 5 pack Flint

Viper = New 5 Pack Viper

Crimson Guard = Fred Comic Pack Figure

Zartan = Mix of Single & 5 Pack figure

Flint = New 5 pack Flint

Not quite.

Storm Shadow doesn't have the gray that the new 5 pack did, and flint doesn't have that horse head with some colour variations as well. Other than that thier the same, minor changes I know but still.

Flint = New 5 pack Flint

Not quite.

Storm Shadow doesn't have the gray that the new 5 pack did, and flint doesn't have that horse head with some colour variations as well. Other than that thier the same, minor changes I know but still.

I dont count minor color change as a new figure. The Flint in the 5 pack is the same one we get in the HoH pack, i have seen it.

These figures have all been released in some form already. The only "New" figures your getting here are the battle damaged BAT, and Firefly but its really only new accessories and/or colors.

The Zartan is the same, he just has some weathering. I also thing he uses the 5 pack head.

These are good if you didnt collect and of the CP's or multi packs, or if you want those figures on a single card.

Personally, i dont collect anything but the singles so these are all a BONUS to me.

So, to answer your question of "do you have them already" Maybe

SE w/ Timber = New 5 Pack Snake Eyes

NO NO NO. People keep saying that, but the 5 pack SE has the horrible rounded cartoony headscuplt. The HOH perfect version SE has the great 2007 headsculpt.

HOH Snake Eyes with timber is the best Snake Eyes ever put together so he is the only MUST own.

NO NO NO. People keep saying that, but the 5 pack SE has the horrible rounded cartoony headscuplt. The HOH perfect version SE has the great 2007 headsculpt.

HOH Snake Eyes with timber is the best Snake Eyes ever put together so he is the only MUST own.

Ah thats my bad. Its the 5 pack body with the single packs head.

Flint = New 5 pack Flint

Not quite.

I dont count minor color change as a new figure. The Flint in the 5 pack is the same one we get in the HoH pack, i have seen it.

how can you tell? there is a big flash over the flint @smilepunch@

Ah thats my bad. Its the 5 pack body with the single packs head.

Looking at the two, the 5 pack version in hand, I don't see any difference in the heads. It COULD be that the pic is too small to see details. But I don't think so since comparing Flint's head, I can see the difference (the 5-pack has teeth showing).

Scoop 'em up fellas, make room for those drop dead amazing movie figures that are just around the corner, I know, I know, apples to oranges, but actually it's more like recycle bins to trash dumpsters (both used and stinky).

IF I were to have an interest in these, it would ONLY be for the packaging. Yes, I already have one (or more) version of each character, which I am completely satisfied with. But I DO think these would make a MOC collector quite happy, just for the style of display.

If you're an 'opener' (Pesatyel) I would not reccomend this wave. Not unless you are missing someone from a previous release. And the only reason I have for that is the uppity price tag. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Flint = New 5 pack Flint

Not quite.

No offense or anything dude but whether you count a minor colour change as being different or not is irrelevant. Fact of the matter is it is different, it may be too minor of a change for me, you and the next guy to notice or care but it could mean a world of difference to someone else.

From all the photos I have seen of the HoH Flint vs the 5 pack Flint I have noticed five differences, four of which are minor paint differences. The head sculpt is different, this is a major change. IMO the 5 pack head is very sucky. As PhoenixSword pointed out the flash in the photo you provided obscures Flint so we can't see what's going on there.

Keep in mind though I did not buy the new 5 pack because I thought the I would be able to buy a Flint with the corrected arms and a good head in the HoH line if I held out a month or two. It'd also be cheaper because I thought the rest of the figures that came in the 5 pack sucked, and I'd only be buying that pack for Flint's body to do a quick kitbash on. So, I've been waiting for this Flint. That may make me more biased.

Are the HoH figures a major change over anything released before? No, not at all, for the most part it's nothing you can't do without a quick kitbash, and It's very hard justifying that price tag for the minor changes that there are.

Are they the exact same as figures we've gotten before? No. No major changes for the most part but still different none the less.

No offense or anything dude but whether you count a minor colour change as being different or not is irrelevant. Fact of the matter is it is different, it may be too minor of a change for me, you and the next guy to notice or care but it could mean a world of difference to someone else.

Um ok. im talking sculpts here. But ok, didnt mean to offend you or the guy searching for minor color variations.

IF I were to have an interest in these, it would ONLY be for the packaging. Yes, I already have one (or more) version of each character, which I am completely satisfied with. But I DO think these would make a MOC collector quite happy, just for the style of display.

If you're an 'opener' (Pesatyel) I would not reccomend this wave. Not unless you are missing someone from a previous release. And the only reason I have for that is the uppity price tag. Just doesn't make sense to me.

lol, that's why I was asking.

It is a little difficult to tell which I "have" and which are significantly (significance is subective) different to get.

Snake eyes in All Black: We already got this guy, so no.

Zartan: The colors are better than the 5-pack, so yes.

Flint: Different head. Hard to tell if its better or not because I don't have one "in hand" to compare, so maybe.

Crimson Guard: Wow, this guys been overused. Already got him in the comic pack.

Viper: New arms and should be better than getting a bunch of 5-packs, so yes.

Beach Head: Not sure, have to compare more. IS he the same as the comic pack?

Storm Shadow in white: As far as I can tell, the same as the 5-pack. The inclusion of the nunchuks isn't worth $10.

B.A.T.: I've already got a lot of these, so maybe just 1 becuase of the damaged head and accessories, so maybe.

Firefly: Why does he have TWO backpacks? He's got the Snake Eyes body, as far as I can tell, but I dunno if that's a significant enough change to care about.

Snake Eyes and Timber: Already got him in the 5-pack, so no.

It is a little difficult to tell which I "have" and which are significantly (significance is subective) different to get.

Flint: Different head. Hard to tell if its better or not because I don't have one "in hand" to compare, so maybe.

Storm Shadow in white: As far as I can tell, the same as the 5-pack. The inclusion of the nunchuks isn't worth $10.

B.A.T.: I've already got a lot of these, so maybe just 1 becuase of the damaged head and accessories, so maybe.

Firefly: Why does he have TWO backpacks? He's got the Snake Eyes body, as far as I can tell, but I dunno if that's a significant enough change to care about.

the bat is not special either as the battle damage will be in the attack on cobra island 7 pack. that one will also have the purple vines. the hoh does not have it, just a damaged head & spore canister. someone at hisstank got him early.

To clarify:

Zartan- basically the same one out in the "wave 11" release. This release dumps the swamp skier and adds his accessories from the 2007 figure (so a total of 3 masks, two guns, etc)

Flint is the 5 pack figure with the original head, possible Tiger Force arms (the 5 pack has different arms from the Tiger Force release), and accessories from both his single and multipack figures. A more practical solution is to simply take the 5 pack Flint, and swap heads from the Flint in Disguise figure (which would net you an extra Cobra trooper at that!)

Beachhead is likely the same mold as the comic pack, but they also threw in his 07 accessories as well. There MAY be some color changes from the comic pack

Storm shadow has new new arms and few extra accessories (like the grappling hook from the 5 pack)

the bat is not special either as the battle damage will be in the attack on cobra island 7 pack. that one will also have the purple vines. the hoh does not have it, just a damaged head & spore canister. someone at hisstank got him early.

Good point. Boils down to if I want the spores lol.

To clarify:

Zartan- basically the same one out in the "wave 11" release. This release dumps the swamp skier and adds his accessories from the 2007 figure (so a total of 3 masks, two guns, etc)

Flint is the 5 pack figure with the original head, possible Tiger Force arms (the 5 pack has different arms from the Tiger Force release), and accessories from both his single and multipack figures. A more practical solution is to simply take the 5 pack Flint, and swap heads from the Flint in Disguise figure (which would net you an extra Cobra trooper at that!)

Beachhead is likely the same mold as the comic pack, but they also threw in his 07 accessories as well. There MAY be some color changes from the comic pack

Storm shadow has new new arms and few extra accessories (like the grappling hook from the 5 pack)

Well the Zartan has different colors from the 5-pack (which I'm not too keen on, the 5-pack I mean) and, from what I recall of previous discussions, the Trooper Flint is paler than the others so you couldn't do a headswap.

Um ok. im talking sculpts here. But ok, didnt mean to offend you or the guy searching for minor color variations.

None taken. I thought you meant as far as the full package sculpts paints and accessories that they were the same.

Since you're talking sculpts then yes. It's nothing we haven't seen before. One or two frankenbashes nothing to write home about.

I'm just going to deal with your 'yes' and 'maybe' reactions.

Zartan - get the single card. It's out there and will make you happy. And save you 5-6 bucks.

Flint - not worth the extra bucks, in my opinion. I'm happy with the TF version. I'd have gotten the orig, but missed out, and don't see the need to go gaga over the corrected version.

Viper - I'm an army-builder. But I built and dealt with the orig release. The corrected version does nothing for me. Especially at that price.

Beach Head - single release was just fine. Comic pack was better because of the extra head. But if there was a choice, I'd go with the orig release, seeing as how I never saw portrayed in comics or TV that extra head. Your choice.

BAT - again, an army-builder, but maybe a battle-damaged version would be nice. Not something I'd shell out extra scratch for, though. Easier to do it myself. More appropriate, too, seeing as how I could do it however I wanted.