2009 SDCC Exclusive Soundwave

JayC

Being we just had the Soundblater one released like a year or so again as a TRU exclusive and can't say im overly impress with the modified look for the 4 cassettes Im not sure what I think about this one.

That looks horrible. Who needs it to fit four cassettes. If its for display I want it to look good. If its for play, ill pretend four comes out.

Buzzsaw is the same as lazerbeak. He always came with Soundwave.

It can hold four cassettes?!? Why not six so Rumble and Frenzy can fit as well?

I might have a small interest in this though.

I would be all over this if he came with Rumble and Frenzy... Dont they realize that most of us already have multiple copies of these and getting the Encore cassettes set with Ratbat...

Ya, but even by that press release it clearly shows an expanded cassette door. I was always under the impression that the Japanese model always held two cassettes. I don't know how many this will carry at once, but I think it will carry more than one. ;)

The press release shows two different versions of Soundwave. This one has a single-cassette door:

cassette_player09-web.jpg

Ya, but even by that press release it clearly shows an expanded cassette door. I was always under the impression that the Japanese model always held two cassettes. I don't know how many this will carry at once, but I think it will carry more than one. ;)

The press release shows two different versions of Soundwave. This one has a single-cassette door:

Ah, now I see the confusion. Thanks for the response Crow. Hopefully this SDCC Exclusive is the expanded version.

Ah, now I see the confusion. Thanks for the response Crow. Hopefully this SDCC Exclusive is the expanded version.

Im pretty sure the SDCC is the one at the top of this thread that holds the 4. I say screw this and lets get a MP Soundwave in the works :)

I third that. With a little MP Ravage to go with it.

To be honest, the Soundwave at the top of this page looks to me like the TRU reissue with the Soundblaster door. I don't see how it could hold four cassettes without looking a bit ridiculous. Not to mention how front and top-heavy it would be on poor Soundwave's backwards knees.

You're welcome, Capt.

The press release states:

"The four figures fully convert between robot and cassette mode and fit into SOUNDWAVE when in cassette mode."

I think that sentence just means that each of the four cassettes is capable of fitting into Soundwave's chest, but not necessarily all four at the same time. Since this is Hasbro issuing the 25th anniverary release and not Takara, it's probably going to be the dual-cassette deck Soundblaster repaint (like the TRU release). It'll be interesting to see what Hasbro does with the packaging. Unfortunately, it will probably be similar to the 25th Anniversary Optimus Prime packaging and not Vintage TF style.

Hell, why not 10 so we can fit Overkill, Slugfest, Beastbox and Squaktalk too?

"The four figures fully convert between robot and cassette mode and fit into SOUNDWAVE when in cassette mode."

I think that sentence just means that each of the four cassettes is capable of fitting into Soundwave's chest, but not necessarily all four at the same time. Since this is Hasbro issuing the 25th anniverary release and not Takara, it's probably going to be the dual-cassette deck Soundblaster repaint (like the TRU release). It'll be interesting to see what Hasbro does with the packaging. Unfortunately, it will probably be similar to the 25th Anniversary Optimus Prime packaging and not Vintage TF style.

Of course. Its not even possible to fit 4. Soundblaster only fits 2 and its not particarly good looking.

Of course. Its not even possible to fit 4. Soundblaster only fits 2 and its not particarly good looking.

They should just make one where the tapes pop out the back in some fashion that way you could just jam them all in it over & over again :D

I would go for that...ten it is.

Now, if they would start working on a Blaster....

That looks like turd...