Rise of Cobra Firefly figure pics

CLAM

I like the Firefly, Second Scarlet, and maybe the Deep Six. What's up with BBQ in yellow and black. I'm unsure how I feel on that one.

I believe Fraser is playing

Rock n Roll, because he claims he is the great grandson of the character he plays in the Mummy.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been following these reveals over the past couple of months, and there's one character in the 3 3/4" scale that isn't getting all that much press:

Snake-Eyes.

Obviously, they are going to release at least ONE figure of him......but its likely they'll release multiple versions.

Curious how we've not seen him yet....

we have. the carded version has already been on ebay and there is an arctic version of him with a trenchcoat.

I must have been asleep when those pics did the rounds--though its nice to have the confirmations. Thanks!

I like the Firefly, Second Scarlet, and maybe the Deep Six. What's up with BBQ in yellow and black. I'm unsure how I feel on that one.

I believe Fraser is playing

Rock n Roll, because he claims he is the great grandson of the character he plays in the Mummy.

that makes no sense. as I said before, O'Connel and McConnel are different names and attempting to correlate them simply because they both end with Connel is as arbitrary as correlating the O'Connel name to any other Joe whose last name starts with O -- they are completely different names. heck, the connection is as arbitrary as saying he is Barbecue because Barbecue is from Boston and probably Irish (a more logical connection considering O'Connell is Irish and McConnell is Scottish). a different name is a different name.

My personal bet/guess is that he'll cameo as Sgt Slaughter. He's as high profile as any other actor in the film ( despite having a rumoured bit part), so why relegate him to a character who is not as well known as the Sarge?

Besides, I think it would be a lot of fun to see him as Slaughter.

I'm pretty sure that's impossible, as I think Sgt. Slaughter owns the rights to his "Sgt. Slaughter" persona. They couldn't put Slaughter in the movie without paying him.

My personal bet/guess is that he'll cameo as Sgt Slaughter. He's as high profile as any other actor in the film ( despite having a rumoured bit part), so why relegate him to a character who is not as well known as the Sarge?

I'm pretty sure that's impossible, as I think Sgt. Slaughter owns the rights to his "Sgt. Slaughter" persona. They couldn't put Slaughter in the movie without paying him.

I must be having a very off-day today, you are right about that--and I forgot about Remus owning the rights to his character.

I suppose they could pay him for the rights.......but that might be a stretch now.

I must be having a very off-day today, you are right about that--and I forgot about Remus owning the rights to his character.

I suppose they could pay him for the rights.......but that might be a stretch now.

besides, there is nothing about the movie that would lead me to believe Stephen Sommers would include such a fan wink wink as Slaughter, not to mention the only thing worse than having Sgt. Slaughter in the movie would be having an actor playing him. maybe had the Rock taken a cameo I could accept him as Slaughter -- at least they were both Wrestlers and there is a connection between the two in that regards.

I've been following these reveals over the past couple of months, and there's one character in the 3 3/4" scale that isn't getting all that much press:

Snake-Eyes.

Obviously, they are going to release at least ONE figure of him......but its likely they'll release multiple versions.

Curious how we've not seen him yet....

we have. the carded version has already been on ebay and there is an arctic version of him with a trenchcoat.

I must have been asleep when those pics did the rounds--though its nice to have the confirmations. Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/G-I-JOE-Movie-Rise-Of-...93%3A1|294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/G-I-JOE-Movie-Rise-Of-...%3A1|240%3A1318

I should really hate these so-called "expanded universe" figures; I hated it when Hasbro did the same thing for the Transformers movie line. But I find myself loving these. I'm already excited enough about the Joe movie line in general, but these new "off-screen" figures have really got me excited for some reason, especially that Barbeque. I absolutely love the 25th version to begin with, but I love the new colors on this one. I don't know if it's a combination of that and the cool packaging, but I'm loving these. I think also like someone else alluded to, the Barbeque puts me in the mind of Slaughter's Marauders or some sub-line from back in the day. Awesome. The only downside to these is we have to wait until July to get 'em, at least those of us who won't pay the inflated eBay prices have to that is. (lol)

Brendan Fraiser sucks @$$. Why anyone even cares who he will "Cameo" as is beyond me. More than likely it will be something that 95% of people will miss (Like a blue haired colussus in x-men 1) He will probably be doing something ridiculous like dropping a deuce.

Firefly looks decent. Hadn't even heard that he was in the movie, or don't remember if it was or not.

Could he be the mysterious role that Brandon Fraser is playing?

No.

Spoiler: Highlight below.

Fraser is believed to have a cameo as Rock N' Roll.

that was just fan speculation that ignored the fact that O'Connel and McConnel are different names and attempted to create the correlation simply because they both end with Connel. the connection is as arbitrary as saying he is Barbecue because he's from Boston and probably Irish (a more logical connection considering O'Connell is Irish and McConnell is Scottish). a different name is a different name.

I'd heard Fraser was playing

Gung Ho

except Frasier himself has said he isn't.

An unreliable source has indicated to me that Fraser is suppose to have a cameo appearance as:

RAPTOR

@hmmm@ what? Can't I play to?

Brendan Fraiser sucks @$$. Why anyone even cares who he will "Cameo" as is beyond me. More than likely it will be something that 95% of people will miss (Like a blue haired colussus in x-men 1) He will probably be doing something ridiculous like dropping a deuce.

Brandon Fraser isn't so bad, I rather like him and would have preferred a more major role for him in this G.I.Joe debacle than the band of homosexuals and idiots they have in it now....special reference towards the Duke and CC actors there. <_<

I am really excited about Deep Six, probably the only movie figure I'll buy since toys will probably be $10 at retail when they come out.

I'm more interested in the action figures coming out than the movie....as a matter of fact....I MAY skip viewing the movie altogether so as I may maintain some dignity (in my mind) of the characters they're using in it. I like my imagination and sense of what G.I.Joe should be and act like than these bozo's in liberal infested Hollywood could ever dream up for them! ^_^

The toys look pretty cool so far, but if $10 each (like somebody suggested?) I may even take a pass on those! @grumpy@

"Homosexuals and idiots" You never disapoint VH. Jeffery Dahmer would of loved you.

@hmmm@

Not liking the fact that Duke is played by a gay actor and CC & Ripcord by two idiot actors, isn't the same as suggesting I'd like to EAT them and keep their spare parts in my refrigerator for a keepsake! @loll@

anyone else think the Cover Girl face is a little...manly? or just plain bad at least?

Looking at JUST the face, I think it looks fine, but it's that HAIR! Hardly proper for a woman in the military, and even the original Cover Girl had a shorter doo on her, Scarlett kept a ponytail and Lady Jaye had a cap on or short cut. The toy here looks to have a dirty old mop flopped over her head and it just looks bad....IMO!

I am really excited about Deep Six, probably the only movie figure I'll buy since toys will probably be $10 at retail when they come out.

I'm more interested in the action figures coming out than the movie....as a matter of fact....I MAY skip viewing the movie altogether so as I may maintain some dignity (in my mind) of the characters they're using in it. I like my imagination and sense of what G.I.Joe should be and act like than these bozo's in liberal infested Hollywood could ever dream up for them! ^_^

The toys look pretty cool so far, but if $10 each (like somebody suggested?) I may even take a pass on those! @grumpy@

"bozo's in liberal infested Hollywood". Dude your an old guy that plays with toys. Thats pretty damn liberal!

"bozo's in liberal infested Hollywood". Dude your an old guy that plays with toys. Thats pretty damn liberal!

Some might even call it immature...is that the same thing? ^_^

I proudly voted for Bush TWICE and proudly didn't vote for Obama, so I guess that makes me fairly CONSERVATIVE? Add in the fact that the TOYS I "play with" just happen to be G.I.JOE A REAL AMERICAN HERO...and I say that even confirms my Conservative values even that much more. Besides, I don't think my G.I.Joe collecting hobby sends a "message" of any sort (totally opposite of the liberal infestation in Hollywood) it's kind of personal? #US1#

[The toys look pretty cool so far, but if $10 each (like somebody suggested?) I may even take a pass on those! @grumpy@

MSRP is $7.99, not counting retailer discrepencies and sales.

In regards to Sgt. STone....I still think he was concieved as REsolute Flint or a rework of Falcon, maybe a "movie Flint", but given the venue, Hasbro just did some name grabbing.

Save the "bigger names" for the sequel(s). Still a VERY nice figure though, and hopefully the base body will be reused in a more colorful look later, as I think the line IS getting a bit stale with so many figures using the same camo patterns.

[The toys look pretty cool so far, but if $10 each (like somebody suggested?) I may even take a pass on those! @grumpy@

MSRP is $7.99, not counting retailer discrepencies and sales.

I don't even like $7.99! @grumpy@ Might have to wait for them to hit Big Lots and pick'em up for a more reasonable $4.99? ^_^