Hasbro rumor

RedKat

A rumor is a rumor. This sounds like a baseless one, at that.

In the new IDW comic series, Dial-Tone is a woman. IDW wanted to make a new character, but Hasbro told them they had to use RAH names, so they called her Dial-Tone.

Beyond that, there's no proof that Hasbro even has intentions of continuing the 25th-style line, let alone has a Dial-Tone figure in the works, let alone that they're forsaking the "Classic" designs they've been going with thus far in favor of IDW's revamp.

did you guys hear about the rumor that Hasbro may release Dial-Tone as a women? do you wont this to happen? yes or no??

I can almost see the prototype NOW....

dialtone.jpg

"One ringy-dingy! Two ringy dingies!"

A rumor is a rumor. This sounds like a baseless one, at that.

In the new IDW comic series, Dial-Tone is a woman. IDW wanted to make a new character, but Hasbro told them they had to use RAH names, so they called her Dial-Tone.

Beyond that, there's no proof that Hasbro even has intentions of continuing the 25th-style line, let alone has a Dial-Tone figure in the works, let alone that they're forsaking the "Classic" designs they've been going with thus far in favor of IDW's revamp.

The "Proof" isn't quite proof but there is a q and a where the say Dailtone is coming, and it's not what people expect.

Hopefully that means a movie version. The whole comic thing i find insulting. They should have used Firewall. Yeah ddp lost the liscense but why not take the best of what they did? They did create a new character even the name is the same, and that's just lame.

did you guys hear about the rumor that Hasbro may release Dial-Tone as a women? do you wont this to happen? yes or no??

I can almost see the prototype NOW....

dialtone.jpg

"One ringy-dingy! Two ringy dingies!"

I would buy a Lily Tomlin action figure. In a heartbeat. Or a store.

Only if I get her in a 2-pack with a female Snake-Eyes.............. @smilepunch@

No, but seriously........I wouldn't really care....as long as its a cool figure. They made a female Doc a couple years back for the convention exclusive....it was all good..... so why not?

The "Proof" isn't quite proof but there is a q and a where the say Dailtone is coming, and it's not what people expect.

Hopefully that means a movie version. The whole comic thing i find insulting. They should have used Firewall. Yeah ddp lost the liscense but why not take the best of what they did? They did create a new character even the name is the same, and that's just lame.

I don't find it insulting. That's kinda taking it personally. IDW's added a few new characters, between Brainstorm, Labrat and Bankshot... and they've also included Sparks. So they *could've* utilized Firewall, but I don't think that was their intention.

It seems, however, that Hasbro took umbrage with her because she's an actual Joe, and not part of the support team (Bankshot also seems to be part of the team, but as he dies in 5 panels of his intro, I'm guessing he skated). IDW could've just said the new Dial-Tone gal was a support person, and been able to keep her original code-name, but for whatever reason, they didn't, and Hasbro made the call.

I have a feeling she won't really be in the spotlight, however. Seems more like a one or two times cameo, and then off to background-land for ever.

Why don't they just give us a NEW character for the field of telecommunications and call her "BUSY-SIGNAL"?

Most women are always gabbin' on the phone anyway, so it would be appropriate enough of a name..right? @haha@

Why don't they just give us a NEW character for the field of telecommunications and call her "BUSY-SIGNAL"?

Most women are always gabbin' on the phone anyway, so it would be appropriate enough of a name..right? @haha@

I know my daughter does!!! Actually, she does more texting than talking!!!

I expect Dial-Tone will be included in the 'expanded universe' movie line that is now being released. Meaning he'll be in movie-style uniform, as opposed to the one he was originally released in. Other examples of this are Firefly, Barbeque, and Deep Six. (images posted under a different topic)

Unless it's all part of 4/1.

I don't find it insulting. That's kinda taking it personally. IDW's added a few new characters, between Brainstorm, Labrat and Bankshot... and they've also included Sparks. So they *could've* utilized Firewall, but I don't think that was their intention.

It seems, however, that Hasbro took umbrage with her because she's an actual Joe, and not part of the support team (Bankshot also seems to be part of the team, but as he dies in 5 panels of his intro, I'm guessing he skated). IDW could've just said the new Dial-Tone gal was a support person, and been able to keep her original code-name, but for whatever reason, they didn't, and Hasbro made the call.

I have a feeling she won't really be in the spotlight, however. Seems more like a one or two times cameo, and then off to background-land for ever.

Maybe nto personally to me, but certainly insulting to the folks at DDP.

Hasbro really seems to be interferring with their run despite the initial comments assuring us of how they had a lot of creative freedom. No joe is supposed to be introduced unless it's story driven. I really see no reason to make new characters with the large amount we have, nor do i see a reason for hasbro's crazy limitations.

GIJCC Question 2: When will we see a classic 25A version of Dial Tone?

Hasbro Answers: We have a plan for Dial Tone in 2009 and it is not what you expect! Stay tuned.

So where in here does it say he will be a she??

It doesn't. Maybe they are refering to what their new customer service hotline will sound like...

GIJCC Question 2: When will we see a classic 25A version of Dial Tone?

Hasbro Answers: We have a plan for Dial Tone in 2009 and it is not what you expect! Stay tuned.

So where in here does it say he will be a she??

It doesn't. Maybe they are refering to what their new customer service hotline will sound like...

People are just assuming that since Dial Tione was reintroduced as a woman in the new IDW series that getting a Dial Tone figure that is not what we expect means it will be the new female Dial Tone.

Will the new female Dial-Tone figure still have the trademark mustache?

I don't think she is Italian.

If she's from Canada...she could be part Sasquatch? @smilepunch@

As much as I would love to see new females in the Joe verse, why did they have to do this to Dial Tone???? He was one of my favs as a kid, not to mention the female character from what I have seen is butt ugly!

They explained it in a Q&A session.

The writers had named her something different in the comic. However there were some legal complexities so Hasbro told them just to use "Dial-Tone" instead.