MMS DX 01 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The Joker collectible figure

JayC

WELL THEN YOUR IN LUCK!!! Mattel announced they well be releaseing a 12" Joker to finaly go with the masked and unmasked 2up Batman that was released last year :P . That'll only set you back about $30 bucks.

As for me, i'll be clearing shelf space for my latest HT addition @bounce@

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I am new here. I had to join because this is where I fond out about the pre order at BBTS. I just pre ordered my Joker and I am totally stoked!

I have a question.

Earlier MovieMasterMaster said:

if you buy another body you will have 2 figures essentially....

This is exactly what I would like to do. My question is: 'where can I find a generic male Hot Toys body? I have checked ebay and I don't know what to search for. What is the name of the body used for the Joker? Is there more than one body style (as is the case with Sideshow)?

Thanks for your help!

Did I mention that I am really stoked about this figure...

O.K. I gotta talk about that some more.

I have wanted a Hot Toys Joker for a long time but the first one had a bad face sculpt. The second didn't come with the purple suit (and I wasn't going to buy both... I didn't know you could just buy the head at the time)...

Boy did my hesitance pay off! This Joker is beyond perfect!!!

Beautiful clothes, beautiful sculpt (both heads). TWO sets of clothes/heads. And the 'poseable eyes' thing!!!

Now if I can just confirm that all I need is another generic hot toys body (and find out where to get one), I will have 2 glorious Joker figures that exceed my wildest expectations.

Yes $175 way to much for an action figure I agree, but I just cant pass this up. It's too perfect... (but my wife is gonna kill me).

Thanks again for your consideration!

Hello, I am new here. I had to join because this is where I fond out about the pre order at BBTS. I just pre ordered my Joker and I am totally stoked!

I have a question.

Earlier MovieMasterMaster said:

if you buy another body you will have 2 figures essentially....

This is exactly what I would like to do. My question is: 'where can I find a generic male Hot Toys body? I have checked ebay and I don't know what to search for. What is the name of the body used for the Joker? Is there more than one body style (as is the case with Sideshow)?

Thanks for your help!

Did I mention that I am really stoked about this figure...

O.K. I gotta talk about that some more.

I have wanted a Hot Toys Joker for a long time but the first one had a bad face sculpt. The second didn't come with the purple suit (and I wasn't going to buy both... I didn't know you could just buy the head at the time)...

Boy did my hesitance pay off! This Joker is beyond perfect!!!

Beautiful clothes, beautiful sculpt (both heads). TWO sets of clothes/heads. And the 'poseable eyes' thing!!!

Now if I can just confirm that all I need is another generic hot toys body (and find out where to get one), I will have 2 glorious Joker figures that exceed my wildest expectations.

Yes $175 way to much for an action figure I agree, but I just cant pass this up. It's too perfect... (but my wife is gonna kill me).

Thanks again for your consideration!

HAY NEWBI whats up. its cool to have another fan on board for the long ass wait time until this gem comes out. As for how to find another Joker body, that easy. just pop over to ebay and type in to the search box "Hot Toy nude Joker body". that should do the trick.

Let me know how you make out.

Is this what you had in mind?

Hot Toys Joker Body

The auction is at $66 plus shipping ($12).

That seems kind of ridiculous for a plain body.

Here is more what I was expecting:

Sideshow Body

Something in the $10-20 range.

Maybe I'll just wait to see the body the figure actualy comes with before I buy a second generic body.

always remember, you get what you pay for. If that 2nd body is'nt a HT body then don't cry foul if the Joker's head does'nt fit right or the cloths look a hot mess on it.

Good call. So with that in mind I think I will wait and see which body they use. (Maybe it wont be the same as the Bank Robber Joker Body (which is the one selling on ebay.)

Here is another one BTW... and it comes with a stand:

Hot Toys Joker Nude

So far this price is more reasonable, but I'm sure that will change.

Like i said i love it but i can't afford it but truthfully even if i could afford it i am not paying that damn much for a plastic figure. maybe 50 or 60 but that is just what i think there worth. really honestly no more than 40

you honestly think this toy is worth no more than $40 bucks :huh: Man you can't be serious.

Yes i am serious. I mean come on 200 or 150 or 175 is a car payment or house payment. Don't get me wrong there kool as can be but even the DCD stuff isn't that much. IMO its just a crazy price

Good call. So with that in mind I think I will wait and see which body they use. (Maybe it wont be the same as the Bank Robber Joker Body (which is the one selling on ebay.)

Here is another one BTW... and it comes with a stand:

Hot Toys Joker Nude

So far this price is more reasonable, but I'm sure that will change.

Also theres something else you might wanna keep in mind. the type and qualiy of joints. Especialy if your lookin to pull off some of thoes kick ass poses that are pictured in the ad. If you use a knock off body your poses might come out lookin a lil wack.

Like i said i love it but i can't afford it but truthfully even if i could afford it i am not paying that damn much for a plastic figure. maybe 50 or 60 but that is just what i think there worth. really honestly no more than 40

you honestly think this toy is worth no more than $40 bucks :huh: Man you can't be serious.

Yes i am serious. I mean come on 200 or 150 or 175 is a car payment or house payment. Don't get me wrong there kool as can be but even the DCD stuff isn't that much. IMO its just a crazy price

dude i guess you and i are the only people here who aren't gazzilionairs lol, i mean buying just one of these figures is a lot, i envy u guys that get to see these in real life @cool@

dude i guess you and i are the only people here who aren't gazzilionairs lol, i mean buying just one of these figures is a lot, i envy u guys that get to see these in real life @cool@

I hear that!!! don't get me wrong i love them i would give my first born for the batman begins hot toys figure and this new joker. but the prices they ask for are out of this world.. I even think the DCD 12 inch figures are way to much which is why i don't collect them either. I do have the superman returns DCD figure but it was a gift from my ex g/f for my birthday. Its not even the good hot toys one lol but its better than nothing ....

OK, here is my 2 cents on the cost subject.

As I said earlier, I agree that $175 (plus shipping) is too much for any new action figure. However I justify the purchase for the following 6 reasons:

1) It is really cool.

2) Supply in demand. I can't get a joker this beautiful anywhere else. I already have the 6" Movie Masters Mattel version which is suprisingly good, but nothing on the market (not even the other 12" versions) can ever compare with this figure. Therefore, if I want a Joker this sweet they have me by the balls. I have to pay the price they name.

3) You get 2 figures for the price of one (plus the price of a generic joker body). Having the purple suit Joker with this sculpt plus the assassin Joker displayed together will be a dream.

4) One could look at it like an investment. If you don't take the figure out of the package, you would certainly make money on it if you sold it later in the year. And who knows what it will be worth in 10 or 20 years even out of the box. In my case there is no way that I could leave it in the box. I gotta pose it!!! But I will be careful with the figure and the packaging. Although I doubt I would ever want to get rid of it, I have no doubt that someday I could make most if not all, and maybe more, of my money back.

[P.S. I bought the Dr. and Nurse Twilight Zone 2 pack by Sideshow Collectables for somewhere between $40 and $80. Now people are asking $350 for it. If you could actually sell it for that much that would be a pretty outstanding return!]

5) They don't charge your credit card until the day they ship the figure. It doesn't look like this will be before July. This gives me (or you) at least 3 months to scrape pennies together to pay that credit card bill when it comes... lets see, let me get my calculator out... $174.99 plus $2 for the collectors upgrade plus $10 for shipping... actually lets make it $11 to be safe. We'll call that $188. Divide that by 3 (months) and that's about $63 a month, or $2.10 a day. Now that is all assuming they actually ship by July. The third quarter of 2009 could even mean September. That would bring it down to $1.25 a day. Either way isn't a figure this awesome worth the price of a cup of coffee for 3 months???

6) It is SUPER HELLA CRAZY COOL!!!!!

OK, I think there are 4 practical justifications in there.

Just a few more comments:

I am no millionaire, but sometimes you just have to splurge.

I have been collecting action figures since I was a kid, and really started getting interested in collecting in 2000 (starting with the LOTR movies). As I have gotten older (I am 31) I have really grown to appreciate figures in the 1/6th scale, which are not as cheap as the Toy's R' Us 6 inchers. Up until now I don't think I have spent more than $55 on one 12" figure. But I just can't pass this up.

This figure is not just a nice collectable... it is an heirloom!

**claps hands** WELL SAID MAGLOR!! I'm sorry but this fig is in no way over priced. If you were the artis that slaved over the master clay sclupt for months would you want HT to wip you out a check for a mear few hundred?? HELL NO!! You want to get paid, espicialy when you know that you master pice is gonna be worth is weight in African blood diamonds.

I think $150 is more than reasonable. Also speaking of future value. Check this lil tid bit of info out. I have all 4 of the Dark Knight HT figs. Both Batmen and both Jokers, I als have my Two Face on Preorder at BBTS. But what kills me is this. I'm a MOC collector right, well of all my Dark Knight HT figs the ONLY ONE I desided to open (the batman Beguins one), turned out to be the most valuable to date topping ebay auctions at nearly $400.00 for a MOC one..........................DAMN!!!!

What can I say except, thats the story of my life, cursed to play the fool for all time lol. But i'm not realy mad. The only real reason I'm MOC is cause I already know what its like to open, play with a brand new toy. And altho its always a thrill to be the one and oonly person to open and unwrap a new toy, the fact is it would only end up chucked at the bottem of a toy chest or struggleing to find cheap but tastful curios or display shelfs for an open collection.

This way my figs will stay in mint condition for all time. But i did want to open just one HT figure so I could have a feel and sence of exactly what i'm getting for my money. Which leads me back to what I was saying about the HT bodies. When I moved for the first time my Batman Beguins arm it felt SOOOOO strange!! I never felt such perfectly crafted movement in any figure before. i knew then that theses were indeed totaly professional craftsmanship.

So yeah, the money there askin IMO is very fare.

SUPREMEQUEEN, this is :OT: , but I have to make a quick reply regarding MOC collecing as oposed to guys like me who just gotta open all their figures.

Which of the following presentations look better to you?

BPpPdgWkKGrHgoH-D4EjlLlzw8BJ0rptWWf.jpg

P1030568.jpg

For me it's not just about feeling the figure in my hands.

I spend hours posing my figures. The above example is just one of many Faramir and Boromir poses I have tried. Whenever I get a new figure I just love the moment when the plastic and cloth transforms from a "toy" to (looking like) a "real person."

I get joy out of finding the mose realistic pose I can. To me, that is worth the lost investment from not keeping it in the box. Not to mention the fact that I decorate my home with these figures.

But to each his own!

Now, carry on with the discussion at hand! @wink@

SUPREMEQUEEN, this is :OT: , but I have to make a quick reply regarding MOC collecing as oposed to guys like me who just gotta open all their figures.

Which of the following presentations look better to you?

BPpPdgWkKGrHgoH-D4EjlLlzw8BJ0rptWWf.jpg

P1030568.jpg

For me it's not just about feeling the figure in my hands.

I spend hours posing my figures. The above example is just one of many Faramir and Boromir poses I have tried. Whenever I get a new figure I just love the moment when the plastic and cloth transforms from a "toy" to (looking like) a "real person."

I get joy out of finding the mose realistic pose I can. To me, that is worth the lost investment from not keeping it in the box. Not to mention the fact that I decorate my home with these figures.

But to each his own!

Now, carry on with the discussion at hand! @wink@

you make a very good point ( not to mention have realy cool toys), but i have well over 600 DC figs all MOC. The dust will kill them even if I did have the display room for them all. Heck maby one day when i'm rich enough to afford all thoes fancy display cases i see in stores like The Bombay co.

OMG!!! I just had a brain storm people!! So you know how HT has both the Bat-Pod and Tumbler on a 1:6 scale right........well what would you guys think of a 1:6 Gothem City Police Crusier that MMS DX01 Joker can fit in and pose him like his driving it in a crazy fashion and about to mowe down people on the side walk..........what do ya think??

OMG!!! I just had a brain storm people!! So you know how HT has both the Bat-Pod and Tumbler on a 1:6 scale right........well what would you guys think of a 1:6 Gothem City Police Crusier that MMS DX01 Joker can fit in and pose him like his driving it in a crazy fashion and about to mowe down people on the side walk..........what do ya think??

That would be very cool.

But if I remember right, wasn't the Joker in the back seat of the cruiser? I've seen TDK 4 times and my memory is of him hanging his head out the window of thedrivers side back seat... I have often wondered who was driving.

That would be very cool.

But if I remember right, wasn't the Joker in the back seat of the cruiser? I've seen TDK 4 times and my memory is of him hanging his head out the window of thedrivers side back seat... I have often wondered who was driving.

I don't know. I always got the feeling that he had his seat reclined way back the way gang bangers drive their cars and was leaning back. But either way I would fork out about $300 for the Police crusier.

RE: The price.

I'm not exactly rolling in dough myself, but I've found a really good way to afford the "overpriced" expensive figures.

Stop buying little crap that you'll only put in a drawer or get tired of within a couple months. You'd be very surprised at how much money you save by not impulse buying something just because it looks cool. If you only buy what you really want, and not what you think you want because you listen to the collector/hoarder urges, you can pretty much afford anything within reason.

Plus, these things come out so infrequently that you can save up, little by little, until it's time for them to ship. Put $25 a paycheck in savings. $50, even. And don't buy crap just because you feel like buying something. You can be a collector and still be frugal.

EXCELLANT POINTS PROF. ZOMBIE!! Now if only Wall St. handeled money in such a sober minded way i'd have a full time job.

So where the hell you been hideing z0mbie? & more importantly what's your take on the new PERS Joker? I remember how you noticed the sculpt problems one the 1st Joker. I can see with the MMSDX Joker they finaly got the jaw & nose right! his jaw is more broad & his nose a bit more "bulbius" or eithnic if you like. I'm sure Heath prob has Aberiginy blood in his family tree some where.

Was watching TDK and the painted headscupt from the mmdx isn't even close, not complaining bc I love the figure and already preordered but if they were going for that scene they should of been more accurate with the makeup, I may be mistaken but the purple jacket doesn't seem to be screen acurate, the breasts of the jacket in the film are pointed and the figure is just folded over...I wish the would make a head sculpt of the Why So Serious speech head, with makeup and hair the same, they've already done the interrogation "...six.." makeup with BRJ and didn't pretty good so this one shouldn't be all that bad...anyone want to part with a BRJ head for a reasonable price?...

RE: The price.

I'm not exactly rolling in dough myself, but I've found a really good way to afford the "overpriced" expensive figures.

Stop buying little crap that you'll only put in a drawer or get tired of within a couple months. You'd be very surprised at how much money you save by not impulse buying something just because it looks cool. If you only buy what you really want, and not what you think you want because you listen to the collector/hoarder urges, you can pretty much afford anything within reason.

Plus, these things come out so infrequently that you can save up, little by little, until it's time for them to ship. Put $25 a paycheck in savings. $50, even. And don't buy crap just because you feel like buying something. You can be a collector and still be frugal.

My thought exactly! Bravo!

I used to buy all kinds of 6" figures that are now sitting in a box.

Now I buy High quality 12" figures once in a while, and I keep those few on display... I enjoy them every day!

<br />Was watching TDK and the painted headscupt from the mmdx isn't even close, not complaining bc I love the figure and already preordered but if they were going for that scene they should of been more accurate with the makeup, I may be mistaken but the purple jacket doesn't seem to be screen acurate, the breasts of the jacket in the film are pointed and the figure is just folded over...I wish the would make a head sculpt of the Why So Serious speech head, with makeup and hair the same, they've already done the interrogation "...six.." makeup with BRJ and didn't pretty good so this one shouldn't be all that bad...anyone want to part with a BRJ head for a reasonable price?...<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Well the MMSDX Clown head is supose to be from the scene where Joker makes his "offer" to the Mob & shows his coat is lined with explosives if any one should try to stop his exit. This scene takes place very early in the movie there for his face paint is much more fresh & neater (that is for Joker's standards). His face paint gets progressivly worse as the movie wares on.

But I gotta disagree with you MMM. I think Joker's paint is very near dead on. But I will reserve final judement until I get my hands on it. After all I ended up oweing z0mbie an apolygy for doubting his observations about the 1st Joker's head sculpt.