Variant wave 2 Aquaman packaging?

varient1

Not trying to start anything but, I have been hearing about a variant packaging of the short hair Aquaman thats faces the other way. Actually saw one guy selling it on ebay. So i went thru my collection and actually found one- but is this common? is there really any value or it is just another way for scalpers to try to make a few more bucks? Any opions please let me know-

Hi. Completist here.

There are a few different packaging variants. You have the short-haired Aquaman facing both ways, and then with the Target packaging. Allow me to elaborate.

The recently released Wave 2 in Target (with the Jason Firestorm) all have MattyCollector ads at the the very bottom of the package. I believe this sets them further aside from the older figs, but that's just me.

I saw several at toy shows, ebay and Target.

What exactly is the big difference i guess i just do not understand or get it

No big deal here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DC-UNIVERSE-CLASSICS-W...93%3A1|294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/DC-UNIVERSE-Classics-V...93%3A1|294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/DC-UNIVERSE-Classics-V...93%3A1|294%3A50

The last link shows aquaman facing the wrong direction. Again no big deal.

Ok i see that could just be someone put it in the wrong box before it got sealed up most likely. thats like my whistler figure from the old blade line i have one with a leg brace and i found one with out a leg brace. Mistakes happen. i still picked it up but only because it was like 4 buck at a kb toys long long ago

If anything the figure its self is worth something because even in the re relese it was some what hard to find. if anything i would say it would add 1 or 2 bucks in value but that would be much later down the road. I also have a reactavated kingdom come batman on a kingdom come wonder woman card. i myself enjoy mistake like that but as far as makeing it more valuable i really do not think so.

Aquaman doesn't known which direction he was in the package once it's thrown in the trash. Keeping toys MOC is stupid. It's like buying a Dodge Viper and locking it in a garage. Have fun with your paper wall decoration.

Definitely agree. I play with my toys.

Here we go again Just because you open your figures and pose them on a shelf and leave them to collect dust does not make u any better than a MOC collector. I am a MOC collector and my wall deco is no different than you shelf collection but i garentee it will be worth more in the long run. Be truthful How much do you really "play" with them i bet after the first 10 minets not very much other than to change a pose every 6 months.

Or maybe to take some pics for posting here. If i really enjoy a figure i buy 2 but still after i take it out of package make sure all the parts move pose it a few times. The fun is over and in a bag it goes or sits on a shelf. So you can play this i am better because i open my figures but your really just lieing to your self.

Oh and by the way with all the things going on and gas in a 12 cylender viper all you could afford to do is look at it after you pay insurance and gas and tags

Here we go again Just because you open your figures and pose them on a shelf and leave them to collect dust does not make u any better than a MOC collector. I am a MOC collector and my wall deco is no different than you shelf collection but i garentee it will be worth more in the long run. Be truthful How much do you really "play" with them i bet after the first 10 minets not very much other than to change a pose every 6 months.

Or maybe to take some pics for posting here. If i really enjoy a figure i buy 2 but still after i take it out of package make sure all the parts move pose it a few times. The fun is over and in a bag it goes or sits on a shelf. So you can play this i am better because i open my figures but your really just lieing to your self.

Oh and by the way with all the things going on and gas in a 12 cylender viper all you could afford to do is look at it after you pay insurance and gas and tags

Collecting toys for financial value is called scalping. Be honest here. If you really want to invest your money, you'd put it into stocks. Saying you collect for financial value is an excuse because you're ashamed that you still buy plastic toys as an adult

Sorry if I offend - not my intention.

I like to play with these toys just like my nephew likes to play with his.

If you like them MIB hanging on your wall then there's nothing wrong with that I suppose.

Collecting toys for financial value is called scalping. Be honest here. If you really want to invest your money, you'd put it into stocks. Saying you collect for financial value is an excuse because you're ashamed that you still buy plastic toys as an adult

Are you kidding the way stocks have tanked and people every where lost there asses. If i was a scaler i would by many and sell the for over bloted prices on e bay i buy them for me. But one day i would like them to be worth something yes i would. ashamed for buying toys man i have been buying them since i was a kid if i was ashamed i would stop and i have lost girlfriends to my hobby so if i was ashamed i would have told them to hit the bricks.

I have lost more to collecting figures than you will ever know this isn't the place to tell my story as far as that goes but i have stuck it out one for the love of what i do and 2 for the love of figures. But i do not need to play with them i am 31 years old my playing days are well behind me

But if you really want to know why i do it other than what i have stated is one day i will have kids and this could be there collage. and stocks my go up n down but MOC figures will always keep value and by god one day i may be in a jam and need money well theres a back up there and also if my collection reaches some great value then maybe i could get that viper or a house

But someone hopeing one day all the effort put into there collection seeing a return other than poseing them on a shelf doesn't make them a scalper my firend just like stock you would want to one day see a return. there both investments. This is just mine

O andby the way didn't i just sell you my loose set of wave 5 so that shows you i do open them when i want to and sold them to you at a very fair price and even took the left arm off my personal metallo so you would have the whole set. So please do not preach to me about how i am a scaler or do it for the money

If you like them MIB hanging on your wall then there's nothing wrong with that I suppose.

Zor you didn't offend me its just the attude of loose collectors some times gets to me. Its like a holyer than though because you open them up. its like if you are a MOC guy your almost a leper in some loose collectors eyes. there is room for both but both is neither better or worse.

Zor you didn't offend me its just the attude of loose collectors some times gets to me. Its like a holyer than though because you open them up. its like if you are a MOC guy your almost a leper in some loose collectors eyes. there is room for both but both is neither better or worse.

Definitely no attitudes from this side especially not over toys for heaven's sake.

Yes. On-topic peeps, please.

Besides, you can't assume all MOC collectors are in it for financial gain. I certainly am not ashamed to have figures, seeing how they're all over my wall. In plastic prisons, yes, but still being displayed. I have plenty of loose toys as well, as I only buy extras of and open my favorite

Yes. On-topic peeps, please.

Besides, you can't assume all MOC collectors are in it for financial gain. I certainly am not ashamed to have figures, seeing how they're all over my wall. In plastic prisons, yes, but still being displayed. I have plenty of loose toys as well, as I only buy extras of and open my favorite

Exactly!! Heck if i like a figures well enough i buy 3 or 4 of the same figures sometimes just because i like it or get an idea for some customwork.

I saw another Aquaman facing wrong direction package last night so I think there's not much value to it MOC or otherwise. Then I could be wrong so I will try to email a scalper fellow we know so just to make sure all the same.