Rise of Cobra Cobra Commander figure

die fighting x

to quote Wolverine, "what did you expect yellow spandex?"

Yes I did expect yellow spandex. @smilepunch@

I've read the leaked script. Yes this movie is going to suck. I'm sure some may like it but it isn't G.I. Joe to me. I even do not like the re-imagined Bayformers either. They are doing the same to G.I. Joe.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was just a new character for the toy line, like say Cesspool or something..I'd like it. As a re-imagined CC...it's garbage and lame. I knew the portrayal of CC in this movie was questionable already due to the actor playing him but this adds even more skepticism. Lame actor..lame NEW stupid look for our ol' Cobra Commander. <_<

to quote Wolverine, "what did you expect yellow spandex?" @firedevil@

That was Cyclops and I'm pretty sure it's "What? Would you perfer yellow spandex?" :P

All in all this doesn't change my expectations of the movie. It does mean there's one less figure I'll buy this year.

I don't usually post in the Joe forums but I have a super huge Joe collection, hundreds of the original figs and vehicles, sporting 3 Terrordromes and 2 Defiants. I don't collect much of the 25th, only the characters that were never in made into RAH toys, but I am a huge Cobra Commander fan and he is my favorite of Gi Joe. All I can say is that THIS SUCKS big time!!!

I can no longer contain my anger! What is going on with this franchise. Snake eyes looks awesome but this abomination of CC is a disgrace. I will still see the movie but I'm sure I will be physically ill afterwards! I hope that Larry Hanna is not attached to this film if he is he should be ashamed! I can't believe they put off 25th ann figs and resolute for this CRAP! Wait until you see full pegs of these awlful figures. I'm buying 1 Snake Eyes and that's it!

post-24334-1238034062_thumb.jpg

A poster in another forum, on another site said that this figure will sell with kids, and I agree.

For what it is, its a cool looking figure and I can accept it as another iteration of Cobra Commander.

Hell..for the movie version, I think they STILL could have went with something more classic, for CC's head gear. I played around with this fella's photo's of CC on Flickr (his name is Craig ?? and if you post here at TNI Craig, your pics are AWESOME) and added some eyes....

Hooded Cobra Commander

and...

Battle Helmet Cobra Commander

All easily workable for the character without looking too campy? ashrugs.gif

Hell..for the movie version, I think they STILL could have went with something more classic, for CC's head gear. I played around with this fella's photo's of CC on Flickr (his name is Craig ?? and if you post here at TNI Craig, your pics are AWESOME) and added some eyes....

Hooded Cobra Commander

and...

Battle Helmet Cobra Commander

All easily workable for the character without looking too campy? ashrugs.gif

I agree. The hood is by far the best and easiest look to pull off. I also don't understand the KKK references. We can collect toys that look like clansmen but we cannot handle it on the big screen? I have never looked at the commander and thought of the KKK. Throwing a hood on this character should have been done and it would have looked good. This design looks like pp

Yep, pretty terrible. Hopefully the movie will get a redo a few years from now when everyone forgets how bad this version of G.I. Joe is gonna be.

Now I am just as much of an 80's fanboy as the rest of you, in fact i was born the year the cartoon version first aired on television! but lets face facts folks the hooded CC ( http://www.yojoe.com/action/08/images/cobr...r35_large.shtml )would have looked too gay in reality, flip-floppy fabric would have turned out to be a cinematic joke! and as for the other verion where the helmut face plate completely covers his face ( http://www.yojoe.com/action/07/agu/cobracommander26.shtml ), lets just say its hard for an actor to show range of emotion through a smooth-featureless mask! [/size]

I am not exactly sure how a hood looks any "gayer" than a plastic mask with tubes going through it. (I aint even sure what that means)... but it definitely wouldn't have been a joke. I have seen plenty of movies where there are characters wearing masks of even full hoods like this, and they are always the most intimidating of all.

as for the mask.. yeah.. you are totally right... look how terrible Darth Vader turned out to be.

@rolleyes@

I think it's interesting. At the end of the day though, it's ultimately a kid's movie and toy line. The nine-year-old in me loves it. The thirty-five-year-old in me thinks it's campy and would rather watch Saving Private Ryan or Full Metal Jacket or something. (lol) I guess I've just accepted the fact that there are fantastical elements that have been incorporated into G.I. Joe so much for so long that it's become a permanent part of the mythos, and this new movie is recognizing that and running with it. I guess I'm just personally not taking it too seriously and therefore may enjoy it more. Is it a huge missed opportunity? Maybe. Would a more realistic take on G.I. Joe have been preferable? Absolutely. But hey, what can we do about it? We can speak with our wallets and hope studios and Hasbro listens to us in the future, like the case seems to have been with the Batman franchise. It just seems like this film was greenlit back when the Devil's Due comic and Sigma 6 were big hits; the look of everything and the character choices just screams it. But y'know guys, why don't we just sit tight and stay positive? We may be pleasantly suprised like I personally was with Transformers. On the other hand, others may say if it looks like crap and smells like crap, it's crap. (lol) Like Han Solo said in the Death Star trash compactor: "I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Seriously, I do think this new Cobra Commander looks kinda cool and interesting. It is a little over-the-top, but still cool in a comic-book-villain sort of way. If you disregard the fact that it's supposed to be Cobra Commander, it looks like a great villain action figure from a cool toy line.

well i'm not gonna start off saying i hate this figure I actualy don't .If i recall the actor playing CC saying that he gets to wear some great masks in the movie . so I'm asuming this will be one of many CC figures this figure probable repesents him just after gettting deformed(I'm asuming that prob part of the script) plus all the rumors are CC's not in the movie for long cuz its mainly based about Destro . also the name is rise of cobra so If there is a sequal . and i stress if with all the people going i won't see it cuz of a figure based on a movie . he probably will get a Mask redesign that the fan boys and fans off the first movie will accept .

but more about this figure he does kinda look like jason vorhees . i don't mind the figure as a new take on CC its kinda classy .tho i'm not a fan of the bright blue lining of the coat . if you look at the character pic its a much darker blue .

Well, I have been a hardcore fan of GI Joe since I was a kid and I must say, this new look of Cobra Commander looks incredible. I was really disappointed when I first saw the Combat Heroes version and I thought it was going to be an absolute mess. But now seeing this awesome new interpretation of Cobra Commander, I have to admit, I am even more excited about this upcoming movie. I personally don't think that the classic helmet version or the hooded version could have made a real solid impact in a live action movie as it had in the animated series.

When I first heard the news that Joseph Gordon-Levitt was finalised to play Cobra Commander, my heart just fell. I just could not bring myself to accept the fact that this annoying snot-nosed punk 'alien kid' will be playing the world's most dreaded terrorist. Also the fact that Marlon Wayans was playing Ripcord almost made me decide to boycott this movie. But it was only because of Sienna Miller's presence that I decided to follow the madness that was going on with this crap. But once I saw the 30 seconds trailer, that was it. It was awesome, tremendous, fabulous and all the synonyms that comes along. It was something I never quite expected - it was the best damn trailer I had ever seen. And that is the reason why I completely changed my opinion about this movie and now I am just loving it. My only concern was with Destro and Cobra Commander's head gear, and after seeing the final result on the leaked images of these action figures, I am totally satisfied with it. Now I can accept Joseph as Cobra Commander with this amazing mask on. I just can't wait for the movie to release because I genuinely feel that this one is going to be for the ages.

Now I only wish that my country's idiotic, messed up, hypocrite, bastard of a government would completely reverse the ban on Chinese made toys and thereby, would allow these totally cool action figures to be sold in our marketplace. Oh the agony of an international collector.