Call Hasbro and complain and demand!

dollman2

I would suggest to everyone who wants, but haven’t been able to find the Indiana Jones Series 4 Temple of Doom figures to contact Hasbro and do what every you feel is appropriate (ask, beg, complain, demand) to get them to sell these figures on their online site.

I for one have supported the line to the limit of my wallet and now that I am only six figures away from a full set the department store market for the figures has dried up. Now it seems that the only stores to continue to carry the figures are all online and have gouged the prices to outrageous amounts. I think if everyone were to contact Hasbro then maybe they would start to offer the figures, and at a reasonably price.

Call me a whiner if you want, but $100 plus for six 3 ¾” figures that Hasbro claims to still be producing is just insane! @grumpy@

Why should Hasbro put up product on-line, that failed at retail, only to sate the wants of a very small number of people?

Have you thought about this beyond the confines of your own consumerism? Its not just a simple matter of them putting the product on their on-line store, there's all kinds of logistic that have to be considered......plus the viability of if its worth selling the stuff on-line in the first place.

Hey, your only recourse now to collect a failed toy-line is going to be the on-line stores and secondary markets. It sucks, but that is what happens in this case.

Unfortunatly,Hasbro made the best figures at the end of the line with the TOD Figures.The reason in my mind why the Indy line died was that The Indiana jones figure himself liked horrible.These were not the figure we saw at Toyfair in 2008.The Temple figures were up at HTS for about a few seconds before everyone started ordering like crazy.A buddy of mind told me that Hasbro is not in this for the fans,they are in it for the money.It is sad that it has come down to this.

Welcome to the end of the toyline. This happens with just about every toyline that goes a few waves, the last few figs are next to impossible to find and will only go up in price. Really look at any of the 80's and 90's lines, if the toys were at least a moderate success the last line up always is hard to find. Just chalk it up to limited quantity for a medium fan base. Thundercats, Superpowers, Exo Squad, Dungeons & Dragons, He-man etc etc, they all went away very fast leaving very few of the last waves made.

And of course Hasbro is in this for the money, their a bussiness. Why is it fans always think companies should be in it for them. They have bills, wages, and taxes to pay. Plus mass market toys are made for the kiddies, and the kids did not buy Indy.

As much as I want this line to continue, at the end of the day I'm just really happy we got what we did. I had been wanting Indiana Jones figures done by Hasbro in the style of their Star Wars figures for years, and that's exactly what I got. It was a wish come true for me, as corny as that sounds. Now maybe I didn't get all of the figures I wanted (German Mechanic, Toht, etc.), but I did get some of the main ones I wanted. And I also think when a toy line is small and limited in number like the Indiana Jones line ultimately was, it makes it seem even more special and something to be appreciated on down the line.

Legwork is definitely the key. I've seen enough sale/trade threads among a few message boards that would have would have completed this wave. Heck, I missed out on the last wave of POTC figures due to the same circumstances, and they're harder to come by than the TOD wave. I still need them, and I could hit Ebay for them, but it's going to run me about $200 probably. So if you're dedicated enough, try a little legwork and even Ebay. The markup will definitely suck, but you'll have the figures you need. But to be honest, $100 for the case, or even the set, isn't too bad considering the Ebay route. $100 puts the figures at $16 each for the wave. I'd bite the bullet before they become harder to find and more expensive.

there are a few(billy & indy) from TOD at my local smiths grocery for clearance 3.50. and speaking of end of lines, I was fortunate to get the whole last waves of thundercats(jaga, lynxo) back in the late 80s for .55 apiece. still have have em MOC.

I called up Hasbro and asked them to put the IJ figures on their website the guy said

"You're a dick. Buy Marvel Universe instead."

I was a bit taken aback and calmly suggested he not treat customers in this fashion, but he cut me off and screamed

"STFU! STFU!STFU! I'M GOING TO FIND YOU AND EAT YOUR BABIES!!!!!"

Then he started screaming nonstop into the phone until I hung up.

I am now scared for my life.