Autograph Batman Begins Script

TheWildBunch

Hate to harsh your mellow, but it's a fake.

Ask yourself: Why would Ledger's signature be on a "Batman Begins" script?? He wasn't in "Batman Begins". Neither was the character of the Joker, who was only mentioned in passing at the end of the movie.

Seems fishy to me.

But that was an item related to the films that was available while Ledger was alive. I'd buy that story without seeing the autograph well before I'd buy a story of a Joker image signed by Ledger.

The Joker IS mentioned at the end of Begins so it works and if that's all you have while having the opportunity to get a Ledger autograph would you pass merely because of a technicality?

If real why would anyone ever give it away, especially with Ledger's death increasing the value?? Sorry, but unless that person is a REALLY good friend, it's just not believable.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to harsh your mellow, but it's a fake.

Ask yourself: Why would Ledger's signature be on a "Batman Begins" script?? He wasn't in "Batman Begins". Neither was the character of the Joker, who was only mentioned in passing at the end of the movie.

Seems fishy to me.

But that was an item related to the films that was available while Ledger was alive. I'd buy that story without seeing the autograph well before I'd buy a story of a Joker image signed by Ledger.

The Joker IS mentioned at the end of Begins so it works and if that's all you have while having the opportunity to get a Ledger autograph would you pass merely because of a technicality?

If real why would anyone ever give it away, especially with Ledger's death increasing the value?? Sorry, but unless that person is a REALLY good friend, it's just not believable.

People give away weird stuff all the time, just in this very thread that don't appreciate autographs as collectibles.. the same way toys were given away in the early 1980's when people didn't have an appreciation for the collectible nature of the toy.

I'm not willing to call BS on this one until I see a scan of the autograph.. Ledger signed two very distinct ways while he was famous.. it would be easy to spot a fake.

Even the biggest signers like Mark Hamill or a Kevin Smith/Jason Mewes will only be able to sign a limited number of items in their lives and each can be a memory of meeting the person or unique to the individual.

Yea, I have some stuff signed for me by Mark Hamill, while on a storyboard job I did with him. Its impossible to authenticate the autograph ( aside from my word), but its personalized to me (and I know he signed it because I got to speak on the phone with him) and I have no intention to ever sell it.

The thing about autographs is that its more a directly personal link between the celebrity and the recipient, so it'll always mean more to that person than to anyone else.

Yea, I have some stuff signed for me by Mark Hamill, while on a storyboard job I did with him. Its impossible to authenticate the autograph ( aside from my word), but its personalized to me (and I know he signed it because I got to speak on the phone with him) and I have no intention to ever sell it.

The thing about autographs is that its more a directly personal link between the celebrity and the recipient, so it'll always mean more to that person than to anyone else.

I wouldn't say it's impossible to authenticate the autograph there are enough experts in the Star Wars field of autographs that they have examples from every year/decade of some actor signing style. But that is an awesome story and personal touch. I think autographs are more of a collectible that you can pass down from generation to generation, especially if they're personalized. I have a Samuel Jackson personalized picture and I wouldn't trade it for any other collectible.

I wouldn't say it's impossible to authenticate the autograph there are enough experts in the Star Wars field of autographs that they have examples from every year/decade of some actor signing style. But that is an awesome story and personal touch. I think autographs are more of a collectible that you can pass down from generation to generation, especially if they're personalized. I have a Samuel Jackson personalized picture and I wouldn't trade it for any other collectible.

Yep, for me the autograph and note I got ( in a copy of the Lucasfilm Archives book) was a reward for a job I slaved away on years ago ( Wing Commander Academy). The producers at UNIVERSAL were so pleased with the work we had done at our small studio, they ask Mark if he'd autograph some stuff for us. I grabbed the only relevant thing on my office bookcase and had it sent down to LA. Mark wasn't sure what to write so he called me to ask. Had a very pleasant conversation with the man, and he told me he'd " think of something special" to write down.

Had similar experiences with Michael Dorn, Todd McFarlane and a couple of other lesser-known folks.

Its nice because the associations I have now to Star Wars, Mark Hamill and the work that I do are just a bit more personal and precious. IMO, that is the real value of owning a celebrity autograph.

The only autos i like are of who my fave artist is like i have alot of things autoed by joseph michael linsner and was lucky enough to get a few others when i went to the beach and went to a comic shop and they had a signing that day. Which one of my auto's was by a guy who died he drew spiderman long ago but other than that i don't hunt them down or anything

on the subject of autographs... i can't decide what i'd appreciate more - having someone sign something for me or just shaking his/her hand (assuming i had to choose between the two). the autograph on a tangible item will last "forever," but the act of shaking someone's hand is a more memorable experience.

all I'm saying is, I would trust 99.9% of all secondhand autographs to be 100% fake. If you didn't see it get signed, or it didn't arrive from their publicist/agency/label, then I'd be skeptical.

the only ones that I know for sure are real are the ones I bothered to acquire from official channels. Which isn't many, and usually I don't really care much for Actor's autographs, opting more for artists and musicians.

I just don't get starstruck too often, but when I had the opportunity to meet Tom Savini, I did make an exception. I've met Jason Mewes, and never bothered to get an autograph. Even though he was signing for free. Meeting him was enough.

I do need to try to acquire Bob Dylan and Tom Petty's autographs.

I understand why you feel that way but that train of thought is simply not true. There are always going to be forgeries out on the market but there are plenty of legitimate autographs for sale from secondary sources, you just have to do your homework before buying anything. Ebay has taken an initiative to clean up the amount of bad autographs on their website, it won't get them all but it's certainly keeping some of the frequent bad sellers from posting their stuff there.

I personally won't discredit the OP claim about having a signed script until I see the autographs, Ledger did sign a few Batman related items before passing away, those that managed to hunt him down during filming are very rare but the fact that this is on a Begins script and not a Dark Knight movie poster does help the credibility of this thread.

actually, it is true, as it's my opinion.

that being the case, the truth is my perception.

I wouldn't trust 99.9% of secondhand autographs. That's just me. If you trust the source, more power to you.

but it is my opinion that if I didn't see it get signed, then it is a 50/50 shot of it being fake, and I don't like those odds. Therefore I will go to lengths to acquire a coveted signature myself, or I can live without.

are there legitimate secondhand autographs out there?, I'm sure there are. But I'm also sure that the fakes outweigh the originals to the point that it has made things difficult.

that being the case, I just don't like to take unnecessary risks, and end up getting a forgery, or a photocopy.

Personally I love autographs I love getting them my self & half the fun is being able to see the person you are getting them from . I do have some though that I Have got through friends because otherwise I would not have a chance & wouldn't want to miss out :D

yeah i dont think i would sell anyways now that its been hanging on the wall...love it too much....the family friend is a photographer and he does a lot of premieres and events in cali...said he got the ledger sig in september 07 when it was impossible to find a dark knight script so he came up with the begins script idea and got bale and ledger at the same event in red ink...heaths sig just says heath...it looks real, it looks like an actor wrote it...i couldnt image heath had good hand writing...brian also said he has a few other heath sigs from knights tale so him giving the one on a begins script to a uber joker/batman/heath fan was not a big deal for him...thanks for the interest...he didnt say where he got the goyer/nolan...probably comic con

Yep, for me the autograph and note I got ( in a copy of the Lucasfilm Archives book) was a reward for a job I slaved away on years ago ( Wing Commander Academy). The producers at UNIVERSAL were so pleased with the work we had done at our small studio, they ask Mark if he'd autograph some stuff for us. I grabbed the only relevant thing on my office bookcase and had it sent down to LA. Mark wasn't sure what to write so he called me to ask. Had a very pleasant conversation with the man, and he told me he'd " think of something special" to write down.

Had similar experiences with Michael Dorn, Todd McFarlane and a couple of other lesser-known folks.

Its nice because the associations I have now to Star Wars, Mark Hamill and the work that I do are just a bit more personal and precious. IMO, that is the real value of owning a celebrity autograph.

That's a great story, Mark seems like a really great guy and look at it this way.. you got a free autograph that he now sells for ~$150 a pop. The combo of the story and the autograph is something you should make a note of for any future generations to appreciate. Very cool story.

yeah i dont think i would sell anyways now that its been hanging on the wall...love it too much....the family friend is a photographer and he does a lot of premieres and events in cali...said he got the ledger sig in september 07 when it was impossible to find a dark knight script so he came up with the begins script idea and got bale and ledger at the same event in red ink...heaths sig just says heath...it looks real, it looks like an actor wrote it...i couldnt image heath had good hand writing...brian also said he has a few other heath sigs from knights tale so him giving the one on a begins script to a uber joker/batman/heath fan was not a big deal for him...thanks for the interest...he didnt say where he got the goyer/nolan...probably comic con

That sounds about right, do you have time to take a picture of the item? It would be great to see. Ledger did just sing Heath later in his career, I'd imagine the Knights Tale items probably have his full name.

Ok so the script is indeed fakc but the autographs sound like they may be real :) Guess it just depends on how much ya trust the guy :D I agree you should just frame it & keep it on he wall if you enjoy it :)

thanks, but i didnt expect you guys to authenticate it for me or anything...i believe the sigs are real...who cares about the script being real...its the batman begins script printed on white paper held together by three black clips...it came from a home pc i think not the studio or anything...getting pics to this pc is ridiculous and not worth the time right now...the autos all look the same as ive looked up basically...but the heath is just heath but his H right on point...i just think its awesome to have ledgers sig and on a begins script since that was the first thing that mentions his character, its like a spoiler on the front cover...i wish i had cillian murphy on there and/or Ras and Falcone so i had all the villains from BB...i wouldnt want Zsazs auto on there...it would be out of place and probably depreciate the other sigs...it will remain on my wall for now...if theres a way to authenticate before i sell it at some point i will....but otherwise it remains a unique item...anyone else have a legit ledger sig?...probably not because i think a lot of people were expecting to have heath more accessable for the press and after the movie...i dont think people were hording memorabilia december 07...whatever was out there for heath in the hollywood shops and all the specialties probably got taken down and put in a private collection....i wouldnt buy a ledger sig right now bc anyone could make a COA...im a graphic design major and i could whip one up for this script in a second but im not trying to disgrace heaths memory...but i wish his estate would auction a few of his items....i would pay $1000 for his Ray Bans, i really want those red ones or the camo small ones that he wears....i have my own black ones because of him but i want HIS Ray Bans for my collection...but his estate is probably pretty atdiment on keeping every last bit of his memory in the family...

MMM, I don't think you've ever lied to me before, but judging by some of your previous antics, I just don't know when you're being serious, or being childish.

that's the only reason I doubt the validity of these signatures.

things like your "Watchmen Boycott" just make you seem a little hard to follow sometimes.

It's not that I hope they're fake, and that I want to see you disappointed, rather, I'm just skeptical of any document that doesn't provide any paper trail with which to authenticate it.

I have multiple issues of Crisis on Infinite Earths signed by the artist. I know he signed him, I watched him sign them. I know the signatures are legitimate.

I can't get CGC to grade them as authentic, however, because they were not present when they were signed, so they're as good as forgeries.

It's cool man...I agree with you that the tom cruise TDK2 joke was dumb and sometimes I just type things that are my opinion but are fashioned in a way to get attention are stupid IE the FOX boycott...but like I said I didn't expect u guys to authenticate it for me...I was guessing I was going to be pounced on and trashed for saying I even owned such a thing so I didn't even check the post for a bit but the responses were okay and it gave other people a forum to discuss their sigs rather than complain about how much mattel drops the ball which is totally true...but whatever, u don't have to believe me I'm not begging anyone for compliments, just wanted to share a unique find with fellow batman/joker/ledger fans...

I think that the FOX boycott would of worked if everyone got on board...Watchmen was released on time so no problem there but FOX is such a garbage studio...I read the spoilers for Wolverine, read the whole story basically and I wasn't impressed, very predictable...the trailer shows the whole f'n movie...they screw up comic franchises and I'm not sure what else they have made but it probably hasn't been anything special recently....Warner Bros has won the fans hearts and will rule for atleast another 5 years...if we boycotted FOX on certain properties ( not wolverine, I'll go anyways) but all the other bullspit they give us, we will win...WE pay everyone salaries in film production up to the president and we should be able to approve by a group concensus what goes on our movie screens...FOX just corilates comics to $$ from the fanboy nations pockets...F them...we want Days Of Futures Past, we want Brett Ratner to be serving hot dogs at our theaters for what they charge...we want proper action figures...they say they listen but clearly they don't...anyone who agrees chime in but if not go back to paying for a Wolverine Origin story that strays so much that it's basically the character in name and look only and the look is barely there...he does have claws that's about it...I'm sorry but I'm just sick of "the movie version" of our beloved characters...what the F Stan Lee, where are you dude, well I guess if I had his money I wouldn't give a sh-t either...thank you and good night...

I think that the FOX boycott would of worked if everyone got on board...Watchmen was released on time so no problem there but FOX is such a garbage studio...I read the spoilers for Wolverine, read the whole story basically and I wasn't impressed, very predictable...the trailer shows the whole f'n movie...they screw up comic franchises and I'm not sure what else they have made but it probably hasn't been anything special recently...

Nah, Fox has done nothing special ever. They even had the gall to make these stupid films, about 6 of them, from some dumbass idea called "Star Wars".

And then they made this trash called "Predator" and another one called "Alien". For cryin' out loud, aliens are not real!

I mean, c'mon......what stupid ideas for movies..........

Nope, they don't know how to make any good movies at all--uh-uh.

Every movie should be about grannies pushing babies in prams! :rolleyes:

Okay so they had some classics...most studios do...do u really think they had anything to do with star wars except for giving Lucas the chance and then financing the best trilogies ever...I'm not saying they have always sucked but as of the new millenium aside from star wars what hve they done good...look at deadpool...they killed him...

I do agree that DC Films have an amazing advantage over Marvel at the moment in that DC is owned by Warner, so all DC films are handled by the same company.

if WB executes it properly, they can actually have a cohesive universe on the silver screen. Marvel Studios was created as a way to do that very thing (I think Marvel saw that WB was finally starting to take DC seriously, and Marvel saw that as a threat).

The ball is definitely in WB's court on this one, and I really hope they're not too blind to see it. The public is eating out of their hands, they've only got to develop the next big hit, and seed that hit with cameos. Wouldn't take much.

If Warners had Supermax out this year or next year I think they would be in better shape...they have so many good concepts and talented people behind those concepts they just need to fast track atleast 3 films...supermax, green lantern, and superman...let Nolan make Inception and he'll knock BB3 out of the park...but WB let Reynolds goto marvel and screw up deadpool instead of making the flash...my only real gripe since the other films are definitely getting made soon...

nothign worng with autographs just cuz you have them doenst mean you worship them or fawning over them. Just says hey I like this person there work. I have tons of autographs but that i have hanging on my wall are carrie fisher and natile portman, I got them at sdcc a few years ago and i got them cuz I like both of them, Fisher cuz she was Leia and portman cuz she was cute.......and yeah padme too