BEST BATMAN FIGURE ?

GOOSE

I have just started my dc collection, so far i got hawkman and deathstroke. i want a batman and after looking at the show your figs thread i noticed a better batman than the dc classics one ( paint, meaner etc) i was wondering what the figure is and is it in scale with the rest of the dc classics ? im talking about the one that is blue and grey but with no yellow on the symbol and bulky utility belt. im alos wondering about the articulation.

can anyone help ?

The batman you are talkin about, TC, is the wave III batman from the DCSH line; this is the very Batman that hardrock mentioned a few post earliar. Although this version of Bats is one of the best, he is actually quite easy to get. At the time when DCSH was being made, Mattel overproduced wave III Batman, hence makin him the biggestest shelf warmer in the series. You can probably get one from Ebay for under seven dollars.

Below is an image (not mines but taken from cooltoyreview) that depicts Bataman's articulation:

DCSH-03-BM-A-01.jpg

As one can see, the articulation for Batman is the same as any DCUC fig. The only problem he has is that you can't make him hold the accessories included very well.

The one Darth Vehmic has is actually the wave 1 ver of Batman from the DC super Heroes series. The toy is a retooled spotlight Batman from the previous Batman series that was once exclusive to Europe if I am not mistaken. The original fig, the black ver that Vehmic has, was released in the states later on, but as a two pack

The articulation for this batman is close to DCUC but not quite

He is missing 4 points of articulate. in the legs

the hinge upper legs, so he can't spread his legs

The upper legs are missing the swivel joint, so he can turn his legs.

However, this bat fig has additional articulation that is missin from the other Mattel dC toys which are the hinge hands.

01.jpg

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Mattel_DCSH1Batman.asp

It reallys matters which Batman you like better, imo. The one Darth Velmic has is cool but the articulation and the sculpt seems dated as in he doesn't fit well with the other DCUC figs imo.

The wave DCSH batman is more in scale with the DC universe classics figures. However, as pointed out by Darth Velmic, he is a bit taller than Superman. If scales an issue with you, you should probably get the wave 1 batman.

In regards to Supes, The DCSH ver is a tinge smaller than most of the DCUC figs because of his legs are so wide.

10.jpg

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Mattel_DCSH2Superman.asp

Mattel is issuing another superman for the dcuc series, but the toy is basically an eradicator's head on a larger chest standard dcuc bod

superman_vs_brainiac.jpg

http://www.dcuc.info/2-packs/superman-and-classic-brainiac/

thanks, those batman look great ! the black one comes with the cloth cape ? now all i have to do is find these assholes on ebay.

The Batman with the cloth cape comes from a TRU eclusive 2-pack with Robin and is usually pretty cheap on Ebay. I picked up this pack with the variant blue Robin for $5 +$6 shipping, so it came out to $9 under retail that I paid for my first set.

thanks, those batman look great ! the black one comes with the cloth cape ? now all i have to do is find these assholes on ebay.

Sigh.....I JUST sold mine on ebay last week. And let me tell you, I didn't exactly make a killing on it. The guy pretty much paid for shipping :(

I'd have sold or traded you mine otherwise.

The Black one was also a peg warmer like the blue one, but because most people prefer the black costume and that he was in a wave that was hard to find, he quickly became the most expensive DCSH figure on ebay; he goes for around 40-50 dollars loose. The other hard to find DCSH figures went down in price a bit whereas they are around 20-30 dollars. A bit ironic since they were unique sculpts as oppose to the black batman, which is a redeco.

I remember this figure (DC Superheroes Batman Black/Grey) being a peg warmer. Can't believe it's going for more than $80 on Ebay. Wow. I guess the surge of DCU figs significantly boost the demand for this fig.

I can't belive the batman was a peg warmer around you i my self never seen a one the only one i did see was night shadow bats

I remember this figure (DC Superheroes Batman Black/Grey) being a peg warmer. Can't believe it's going for more than $80 on Ebay. Wow. I guess the surge of DCU figs significantly boost the demand for this fig.

I can't belive the batman was a peg warmer around you i my self never seen a one the only one i did see was night shadow bats

I remember seeing a lot of these at 1 point. I think there's 2 or 3 of these in 1 case back then. Couldn't find Clayface and Catwoman when I was toy hunting. And I've seen these Batman figures at that time.

I prefer the head/neck/cape of this one:

DSCN0612.jpg

But, I prefer the body of this one, because of the articulation:

DSC00064.jpg

So, I switched the head/neck/capes. It was an easy switch.

now that you guys mention it I should have picked up those figures...I myself didn't even bother getting one because I already have too many Batman figures. I like the Black/Grey TRU Reissue packed with Robin.

Yea me too i wanted to but just pasted i didn't know the batman looked that good man i am kicking my self now.. Sigh

now that you guys mention it I should have picked up those figures...I myself didn't even bother getting one because I already have too many Batman figures. I like the Black/Grey TRU Reissue packed with Robin.

Yea me too i wanted to but just pasted i didn't know the batman looked that good man i am kicking my self now.. Sigh

o well, I guess at some point it will be re-issued.

o well, I guess at some point it will be re-issued.

Lets all prey together!!

If I only knew how to post a pic on this site... Far too difficult... I would. My default Batman is the black wave3 version with an Un-Masked Jim Lee Batman head on the figure. A good figure went to flipping Awsome with this simple mod.