Batman 20th Anniversary Blu-Ray & Book

JayC

THat sucks i refuse to buy a Blu-ray player...but i might have to bend and get one soon

Once you go Blu Ray you never go back... I was like that too refusing to buy a blu-ray player but got one when I bought my PS3. It came with a free Blu-Ray movie, mind you it was a bad movie but the movie looked great and ever since then I have been stuck on Blu-Ray...

I still have movies I have not upgraded to DVD from VHS.

there's no way in hell I'm gonna get suckered into buying a Blu-Ray player, because then it'll be something else after that, and after that, and so on.

my VHS player lasted twenty years. TWENTY years. I haven't gotten six out of my DVD player yet.

that said, I hope this is also available on DVD. This is still one of my favorite DC Movies. I LOVE the car.

and features on the props, the suit, the cars?

yeah. This better come to DVD.

Yeah, Blu-Ray is just a fad right now. Not in the sense that it will come and go, but in the sense that it's the cool thing to own so therefore it's unnecessarily high in price.

And people tell themselves it makes a big difference, but no one was complaining about the "poor" picture quality of DVD before BR came along. It's the same with regular TV and HD TV. Is all this stuff really worth spending thousands of extra dollars when it's all said and done? Or do people just worry too much about keeping up with the Joneses?

Anyway, I'd like to see this on DVD, but based on the limited extras on The Dark Knight SE DVD, it wouldn't surprise me if they don't release this at all other than on Blu-Ray.

I think I'll be passing on Blu Ray for now!!! I can get most DVD movies that aren't new releases for under 5 bucks!!! That's 4 to 5 movies for the price of 1 Blu Ray!! Sure it may look amazing, but that's more movies for me, right now!!! Once the next gen system comes up, I'll get that, whatever that'll be!!!

Yeah, Blu-Ray is just a fad right now. Not in the sense that it will come and go, but in the sense that it's the cool thing to own so therefore it's unnecessarily high in price.

And people tell themselves it makes a big difference, but no one was complaining about the "poor" picture quality of DVD before BR came along. It's the same with regular TV and HD TV. Is all this stuff really worth spending thousands of extra dollars when it's all said and done? Or do people just worry too much about keeping up with the Joneses?

Anyway, I'd like to see this on DVD, but based on the limited extras on The Dark Knight SE DVD, it wouldn't surprise me if they don't release this at all other than on Blu-Ray.

That's the misconception, the devices don't cost thousands of dollars and yes there is a massive difference. If you can't notice the difference the technology isn't for you, but standard def DVD and TV's will eventually be a thing of the past in a few years. You might have had a point about keeping up with the Joneses back in 2003-2005 but HD viewing is now the standard that will continue to gain in standard usage over the next 5-10 years.

There's very little profit to be had from retailers in selling DVD players, due to patent rights. The Blu-Ray format will become the standard in the next few years, just as the VHS gave way to the DVD, the same will be done to the DVD while the Blu-Ray takes it place in homes. The nice thing is though a good Blu-Ray player will play DVD's and upconvert them to 1080 or as close as it can get to 1080 so your old collection won't go obsolete. Change is always hard when it comes to home entertainment but Blu-Ray and HDTV should be embraced they advancement in technology is astounding. Since all the major studios have embraced Blu-Ray you can safely bet that it isn't a fad, but rather a technology that will eventually replace DVD's once the price of the players gets to the $150 mark.

Man, it's the same as the DVD special addition nothing new.

I read a review for the canceled Blu Ray Batman(89) release and it's not much of an improvement than the DVD mostly because the material itself is somewhat dated. The Blu ray version is sharper than DVD but there' not too much that would convince you to get another copy.

Personally I think the DVD special edition isn't too bad. Just wished there was deleted scenes section(although the unused footage did appear in the interviews)

Well you need the whole setup, HD TV and a blu ray player rocks, even makes regular DVD's look better, and even a HD sound system doesn't hurt but if you don't at least have the HD tv then a blu ray player prob wont do much good.

So true... Yea if you don't have a HD TV then having a blu-ray is definetly wasted. But its not that its being a fad it is much better quality when you watch a Blu-Ray vs a DVD on a HD TV. Trust me I used to be like some of you refusing to go to Blu Ray but when I got my HD TV and my PS3 came with that Blu Ray Movie I was blown away

So true... Yea if you don't have a HD TV then having a blu-ray is definetly wasted. But its not that its being a fad it is much better quality when you watch a Blu-Ray vs a DVD on a HD TV. Trust me I used to be like some of you refusing to go to Blu Ray but when I got my HD TV and my PS3 came with that Blu Ray Movie I was blown away

You're right there's no comparison, I wouldn't have bought an HD Dvd player while the war was still going on between HDDVD and Blu-Ray but now that all of the major studios are on board with Blu-Ray it's worth the investment. Not only is the picture quality superior but the sound quality is awesome as well. I always use Iron Man or the The Dark Knight to show off the picture quality it's fantastic.

Just as a side comment, I usually only buy Blu-Ray discs I know will have a significant impact in HD, there's no sense in buying a comedy on Blu-Ray right now but Iron Man on DVD is vastly different in quality to Blu-Ray.

It's on standard DVD's, I've had it for about 5 years.

Funny thing about this movie...When it came out in '89, it was viewed as ground-breaking, and a real departure from the 60's-era TV show with Adam West and Burt Ward...

...But if you watch it now, after BATMAN BEGINS and THE DARK KNIGHT, it really DOESN'T stand-up to scrutiny.

In fact, it comes across as dated and very campy, much like the 60's-era TV show. As good as Jack Nicholson was, he's clearly channeling Cesar Romero (from the TV show) as "The Joker"...

After Nolan's take on Batman, this movie is tough to watch...Seriously...

I know what you mean, I did a nightly marathon of each of the 80-90's Batman movies a few months ago and besides the obvious camp in the later films, even the Burton films don't hold up that well. Batman and Batman Returns do have their own charm and they do have some really great moments but they just don't compare to the Nolan films. I'm sure in 20 years the Nolan films won't be able to touch ____'s films about Batman though.. the only DC films to hold up are Superman I and II and even though they LOOK dated they're still the best representation of the character out there.