ROM:Spaceknight WIP pics

Alyosha

I thought I'd posted some WIP pics of this guy here back when I started on him last year, but after a lengthy search I couldn't come up with anything. Anyway, here's where it's at right now:

Here's a quick pic of the scratchbuilt Neutralizer that I'm making for him. When this is finished, I'll just need to tidy the jetpack, and tweak the sculpt a bit. Look for finished results in about 14 days.

primer_ROM.jpg

ROM_Neutralizer.jpg

Alyosha, you are the man!! I used to love those old ROM comics growing up. Can't wait to see the end result.

I really wish they'd do a Marvel Legends ROM. Now that would be equally awesome...

Alyosha, you are the man!! I used to love those old ROM comics growing up. Can't wait to see the end result.

I really wish they'd do a Marvel Legends ROM. Now that would be equally awesome...

Thats funny you should mention that...I just finished getting the last few issues I needed for a complete comic run last fall. I haven't set down to read them yet, but I'm looking foward to doing it.

About the figure...I can't wait to see the finished product!

Thats funny you should mention that...I just finished getting the last few issues I needed for a complete comic run last fall. I haven't set down to read them yet, but I'm looking foward to doing it.

About the figure...I can't wait to see the finished product!

Yeah, I loved that book. Heh...makes me want to go back and get some back issues myself. I loved the premise behind the book; human aliens that elect to sacrifice their humanity in order to become cybernetic space-knights to fight the Dire-Wraiths. Cool stuff. And didn't Sal Buscema do alot of those early issues, or was it John Buscema? Whomever it was I remember it was drawn by one of the premiere artists from Conan the Barbarian.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice, he's looking good!

Here are a couple of snaps with some added accs, and the jetpack finally pegged. Still need to finish that sculpt, and finish sand and primer the remaining limbs. The blast effects are completely removable for display without them if you like.

ROM_addon_1.jpg

ROM_addon_2.jpg

BOUGHT.

I heart ROM... but the original toy is just too big, too goofy, and too expensive. This nicely takes care of the first two problems. He'll still be expensive, but I'm more than willing to pay for quality!

So... is he going to have all three of his original accessories, or just the Neutralizer?

Starting off, it's just the first weapon, but I'll be making the other two soon. I was looking at the tranlator the other day, and it look almost identical to his chest armor so it will be an easy bash. I modelled this one more closely to his appearnce in the comics, although I did take some liberties with his jetpack and a couple other small things.