Hilarious Watchmen fanmade parody cartoon intro

Doom Saber

I was browsing youtube and came across this hilarious fanmade watchmen parody. I can't stop laughing since it pokes fun of 80s' cartoons like Ninja Turtles by contradicting character's personalities from the original source:

I don't think it's "fan-made". It's actually the intro for a Watchmen cartoon in the 80's. :)

No, its fan-made. Actually, I think its a student film---and a very good one at that. Great rip.

ok, if he had the time to do that he should of done a serious piece.

Nah, in this case its far easier to parody and send-up than it is to treat it seriously.

But also rest assured that some serious work went into this, its very well thought out.

nah, the Watchmen already takes itself too seriously as it is

True.

It appears that the creator of that parody made it less serious on purpose to not only mock fun of cartoons during the 90s', but also makes fun of how DC handles movie adaptions of Alan Moore's work. Besides, the other fanmade movies I have seen from the people who made the watchmen intro are all parodies of other properties.

Nah, in this case its far easier to parody and send-up than it is to treat it seriously.

But also rest assured that some serious work went into this, its very well thought out.

The parody is fine but with that much ability, he should of done a brief live motion comic book.

The parody is fine but with that much ability, he should of done a brief live motion comic book.

This is just my opinion, and I base my thoughts on the belief that this is a student film......that the artist spent his time wisely making a comedy piece.

One is that its great satire, and that its FAR harder to make an effective serious piece work than it is to make something funny.

Serious stuff in student films seldom comes off as serious anyways, or comes off as SO serious, it becomes comical.

At least that is my experience having viewed hundreds of students films over 10 years--I'd have graded him 100% for it.

With the abilities this person showed......if he's aiming for a career in animation, he'll land a job easily--if he's not working already.

The funny stuff will get him more work in the biz too.

And I'd bet this artist could pull off the serious stuff as well any day.