Joe Question

nonameshmo30

I was just wondering why the funskool gi joe's not worth as much as the regular run of joe's from the 80's. The funskool as you may or may not know come from inda. Some have different colors but for the most part they look the same.

I was just wondering if anyone knew.

It's too bad too because, isn't it Funskool that came out with the guys like Tiger Force Outback and stuff lke that?

Nope, the Tiger Force Outback, Hit & Run ,Tunnelrat, Blizzard, Sneak Peek, and Paych-Out figures were all actual Hasbro Products...

if you take a look you'll see it has the actual Hasbro Logo from back then ...

http://www.yojoe.com/action/int/2intcard/tfhitnrun.jpg

It's too bad too because, isn't it Funskool that came out with the guys like Tiger Force Outback and stuff lke that?

Nope, the Tiger Force Outback, Hit & Run ,Tunnelrat, Blizzard, Sneak Peek, and Paych-Out figures were all actual Hasbro Products...

That's actually worse. Those guys are UK/European figures which, so far as I know, better quality then the Funskool stuff.

Why is it bad? Funskool stuff is, relatively, cheap because its....well, cheap.

Does anyone know what Funskool did with the Skystriker mold? Weren't they the last company to use it? I read in a recent Hasbro Q&A that the mold is no longer available. Kind of sad because of all the vehicles, the Skystriker is one I would most want them to re-release.

Does anyone know what Funskool did with the Skystriker mold? Weren't they the last company to use it? I read in a recent Hasbro Q&A that the mold is no longer available. Kind of sad because of all the vehicles, the Skystriker is one I would most want them to re-release.

Last I heard, Hasbro was trying to reacquire the mold and was, I think, close....then we never head anything more at all.

Last I heard, Hasbro was trying to reacquire the mold and was, I think, close....then we never head anything more at all.

in one of the current Q&A's hasbro says that the Skystriker mold is no longer available to them, or no longer exists--so I think the door is closed on that one.

That's actually worse. Those guys are UK/European figures which, so far as I know, better quality then the Funskool stuff.

Most Funskool stuff are, but not all .... theres some Funskool stuff that'll go for 3 , 5, 8 even 10 hundred dollars .

Most Funskool stuff are, but not all .... theres some Funskool stuff that'll go for 3 , 5, 8 even 10 hundred dollars .

That's where the "relatively" comes in lol.

Their night viper was nearly identical. Only the monacle and backpack were orange. Good cheap alternative to the originals. Crimson Guard Immortals were also cool. Small joes had tons of them for years.

Sure and that's where the quality comes in.

Because they're not considered "real" GI JOE and the quality is practically bootleg. Even the cardback is warped and flimsy. The 1982-94 GI Joe Line contained quality figures, vehicles, and playsets that most of us in the forum played with as kids and collect as adults. Funskool is missing out on the nostalgia aspect as well as originality that the vintage figures possess. But they're great to stuff firecrackers in.

▼▲

Because they're not considered "real" GI JOE and the quality is practically bootleg. Even the cardback is warped and flimsy. The 1982-94 GI Joe Line contained quality figures, vehicles, and playsets that most of us in the forum played with as kids and collect as adults. Funskool is missing out on the nostalgia aspect as well as originality that the vintage figures possess. But they're great to stuff firecrackers in.

▼▲

I disagree on the plastic quality. My son's been playing with funkskools, 25th figures and 2002-2006 figures and the funskools hold up better than any of them because it's hard plastic not soft plastic. They don't measure up to the 80's plastic quality, but there is an upgrade in plastic quality of the90's funskool figures from the 00's funskool figures. Plastic in toys across the board has gone steadily down in quality over the past 15 years and the el cheapo funskool figures that have flooded the market were made in the last decade.

As for the originality, funskool had some original concepts too. They brought us skydiver, superman, supercop. Granted it wasn't much but it's something more for us to collect :)