Who would you like to see as the next BAF in DCUC

CheckmyFresh

The latest issue of toyfair features an interview with Mattel about the DC Universe line and in it, they confirmed that both Darkseid and Doomsday are on the C-A-C list. They also mentioned that this year's SDCC Exclusive is going to be HUGE

Anti-Monitor, Maybe?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Apache Chief

I don't know but it better be someone good and interesting and large enough to be worthy of the BAF spot. Wave 8 & 9's BAF have me pretty uninterested. I am also getting really fed up of the Quality Control on these figures. I found case assortment Wave 7b this morning at Walmart and all of the new figures either had glaring problems with paint application or the seem in their legs was so wide that it looked as if you touched the figure it would fall apart.

"Wave 8 & 9's BAF have me pretty uninterested".

Really, Giganta dosent float your boat? If I were you I would seiously consider getting a check up. Cause your SICK!

I LOATHE Doomsday to no end so if they ever make him the BAF, I hope its in a wave full of losers that I could easily pass up.

That said, here's who I would like...

1) Darkseid: I hate blowing character slots on apology figures, but we're really in need of a new larger Darkseid. The first Darkseid completely pales next to his fellow New Gods in this line.

2) Validus: He's big and I'd love to see this line branch out into the 31st Century!

3. Colossal Boy: I'm DYING for the Legion to be brought into this line.

4. Robotman: Metamorpho showed us that BAF's need not all be giants. I'd love to see the original Doom Patrol almost as much as the Legion!

5. Mammoth: I know this is a complete self-indulgent longshot, but I love the Wolfman-Perez Titans and I always saw the Fearsome Five as one of DC's best super-villain teams.

6. Kilowog: Put me down for any Green Lanterns!

7. Mr. Atom: Another longshot, but as a big retro robot, this member of the Shazam Family's rogues gallery could make for a pretty cool BAF!

How about Apache Chief

Wave 8 & 9's BAF have me pretty uninterested.

Wow! Green Arrow...Black Adam...Black Canary...Deadshot...

Each to his own, but these have been some of the most requested figures ever!

he said the BaF didn't interest him not the figures

1) Darkseid: I hate blowing character slots on apology figures, but we're really in need of a new larger Darkseid. The first Darkseid completely pales next to his fellow New Gods in this line.

disagree 100% first off the Darkseid is big enough, 2nd it is one of the better sculpts in the line so calling it an apology figure is nuts, now i do realise that i am in the minority on the size issue, but that doesn't mean i'm wrong

First off i don't see why everyone puts down wonder twins. They were kooky n funny not every superhero has to be serious. Second i honestly wouldn't mind a C&C superman like the long hair sups suit but with short hair. or maybe a battel damaged supes looking like his death of superman varsion.

I am not as familiar with the DC lore as I am with Marvel's and am looking at those BaF's (wave 8 & 9) for what they represent as a toy only; a tall woman and a green humanoid blob thing.

There is a balance of awesome toyness and caring for the character behind the toy. Almost everyone is saying how they are disappointed with the Marvel Universe Deadpool figure BUT it's DEADPOOL so everyone is still buying the figure. Giganta might be the best articulated, painted, etc figure ever made but since I have no connection to her back story it's just another toy going on my shelf with no emotion attached.

I am not as familiar with the DC lore as I am with Marvel's...

Giganta might be the best articulated, painted, etc figure ever made but since I have no connection to her back story it's just another toy going on my shelf with no emotion attached.

That's going to be a lot of money spent on something you don't care about. Why are you bothering?

Here's one that gets overlooked:

Metron, with the Moebius chair.

Divide the figure and chair parts up over the wave and it'd work.

The other thing is that Mattel's gimmick is labelled "Collect and Connect", not "Build-A-Figure".

Think about that for a minute........the offerings do NOT have to be figures.

Mattel could offer accessories, such as a JLA meeting room set, with table and chairs, or a Bat-computer set-up. Even the Forever People's Super-Cycle would work there. If they do more than just figures with this, it opens up all sorts of possibilities.

Second i honestly wouldn't mind a C&C superman like the long hair sups suit but with short hair. or maybe a battel damaged supes looking like his death of superman varsion.

i mean no disrespect (or as little as possible) but dear god is that the dumbest idea i've ever heard

How about Apache Chief

Wave 8 & 9's BAF have me pretty uninterested.

Wow! Green Arrow...Black Adam...Black Canary...Deadshot...

Each to his own, but these have been some of the most requested figures ever!

he said the BaF didn't interest him not the figures

disagree 100% first off the Darkseid is big enough, 2nd it is one of the better sculpts in the line so calling it an apology figure is nuts, now i do realise that i am in the minority on the size issue, but that doesn't mean i'm wrong

Your right Yak man, the original Darkseid isn't bad at all and his size is ok, but he doesn't totally fit. Like most of the DCSH line the figure heads are to small compared to body size. I agree that Darkseid is should not be an apology figure but I am anticipating a newer, slightly larger (Mattel goes overboard on size) version with a bigger head.

Here's one that gets overlooked:

Metron, with the Moebius chair.

Divide the figure and chair parts up over the wave and it'd work.

The other thing is that Mattel's gimmick is labelled "Collect and Connect", not "Build-A-Figure".

Think about that for a minute........the offerings do NOT have to be figures.

Mattel could offer accessories, such as a JLA meeting room set, with table and chairs, or a Bat-computer set-up. Even the Forever People's Super-Cycle would work there. If they do more than just figures with this, it opens up all sorts of possibilities.

Metron should be a Matty 15 bucks Matty exclusive, a chair to me is not a BAF thing.

explane why you see it that way

first off the world has more then enough superman figures, and there will undoubtedly be many more to come in the line. 2nd the BaF concept is pretty much the only shot some of the more unsung characters may have to be made, so making another clark is just a waste....3rd theres too many damn superman figures already

explane why you see it that way

first off the world has more then enough superman figures, and there will undoubtedly be many more to come in the line. 2nd the BaF concept is pretty much the only shot some of the more unsung characters may have to be made, so making another clark is just a waste....3rd theres too many damn superman figures already

There Will NEVER be enough superman figures @smilepunch@ @fight@

I am not as familiar with the DC lore as I am with Marvel's and am looking at those BaF's (wave 8 & 9) for what they represent as a toy only; a tall woman and a green humanoid blob thing.

There is a balance of awesome toyness and caring for the character behind the toy. Almost everyone is saying how they are disappointed with the Marvel Universe Deadpool figure BUT it's DEADPOOL so everyone is still buying the figure. Giganta might be the best articulated, painted, etc figure ever made but since I have no connection to her back story it's just another toy going on my shelf with no emotion attached.

Just because I couldn't really care less about Chemo or Giganta doesn't mean I am not jazzed about most of the figures in those assortments. I am looking forward to Wildcat, both versions of Mantis, Green Arrow, Black Canary... etc.. basically all of the 6" figures from wave 8 & 9.

I am however getting a little tired of the lack of body size / scale with this line. Having 30 figures that look so similar body proportion wise is a little weak, and another example of how Marvel reigns supreme.

Just because I couldn't really care less about Chemo or Giganta doesn't mean I am not jazzed about most of the figures in those assortments. I am looking forward to Wildcat, both versions of Mantis, Green Arrow, Black Canary... etc.. basically all of the 6" figures from wave 8 & 9.

I am however getting a little tired of the lack of body size / scale with this line. Having 30 figures that look so similar body proportion wise is a little weak, and another example of how Marvel reigns supreme.

I don't know about marvel supream but I do agree they put more into there different bodies. Which i have always wanted more of from dc figures.

I don't care about the same bodies, I just wished they were the right bodies!! Like Nightwing should be smaller than Bats. Would I ever get Adam Strange, I'd think his body is too buff!!

Besides Big Bear from the Forever People, I would love to see a C&C Cycle for the Forever People!!

I don't care about the same bodies, I just wished they were the right bodies!! Like Nightwing should be smaller than Bats. Would I ever get Adam Strange, I'd think his body is too buff!!

Besides Big Bear from the Forever People, I would love to see a C&C Cycle for the Forever People!!

First off i don't see why everyone puts down wonder twins. They were kooky n funny not every superhero has to be serious. Second i honestly wouldn't mind a C&C superman like the long hair sups suit but with short hair. or maybe a battel damaged supes looking like his death of superman varsion.

I would love to see that whole Doomsday BAF set be with characters that he beat down. A reguler Sups and the variant as a battle damaged one like you said. Include Maxima, Fire, Ice, Bloodwynd, and Guy Gardner with a battle damaged variant would be sick.