Any Of Ya'll Collect 3/4 Marvel Toys?

TMNTFAN85

#US1# i got about 12 of th marvel 3inch figures and 10 of the dc 3inch figures. i went to target but they didnt have any of the 3inch marvel figs, walmart only had 3 left (got iron fist) and i have to admit wolverine origins, marvel universe, and even wolverine and the x-men are selling like hot cakes. that means hasbro's making more money on these then the 6inch figures. and let me tell ya. walmart still has iron man movie toys on the pegs, AND spiderman and spectacular spider-man theyre still warming the pegs. while i had a chance to get juggy he was like 10:99 or something. so, i chose iron fist and he's only 8-something. the 3inch dc figures are still on the pegs. i plan to get green latern and the question SOMEDAY.

but i digress. so far these universe marvel 3inch figures rock. while some are picky with certain figures, such as punisher, dare devil, the wolverine & the x-men toys, i have nothing but love for them. sure collussus, cyclopse, and avalanch doesn't have amazing articulation but i like them just the same and go well with the marvel universe figures.

all in all i think this is a great way to get more chracters then ever before.

i will point out flaws about the punisher figure. i dont mind the big head or the big hands. (the guy's face looks like my uncle thus reason why i got it i guess lol) but his right leg was really loose! how ever thats an easy fix--i boil and pop the joint coat the lil pegs that holds it with super gule wait for it to dry then push it back in (with a lil bit of force make sure the gule doesnt dry around the joint) and --- tighten joint this making him my favorite again.

so i ask who here collects th figures? what are your thoughts on each one? negitive? positive? all around love or hate for them?

i'm collecting alot of them so far, and i'm enjoying my lil collection of heroes and villians-- there are so much more to get like bullseye, wolverine movie gambit, dead pool, so much and yet so lil money to collect them all! lol collecting marvel toys is fun again for me folks. sure they cost abit o' cash but its a lil easyer then the 14 priced marvel legends.

all in all these toys are gonna sell very well despite what some 6inch collectors might think these toys are just gonna be dam sucessful. -- good lord, so many chracters its over whelming! lol #US1#

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, they are the sux.

yes, yes, i know you hate them. unforunately for you they're selling very well as yesterday they were sold out with only 4 figures on the pegs. hate them if you want but i think they're gonna stick around for a very long long time. *rubs paws together* oh sure the 6inch figures may come back but who in theyre right mind would pay 14 bucks for a figure? thus reasons why i switch to 6inch to the superior 3inch figures

more room to store them in, and more chracters to get then ANY 6inch figure.

@hmmm@ besides...i enjoy 6inch figures, but ti seems the 3inch size is the way to go...now if only playmates can make 3inch size tmnt....

I thought I was going to collect these until I saw them in person. They were less impressive when I had them in hand, and the price is too high. It's like everyone continues to take every opportunity to rip off the consumer, and toy companies are no different. These shouldn't cost more than $6 or $7. There's just nothing to them.

I would guess I'll collect some of the Origins: Wolverine figures, but not all of them, and most of the MU figures I'll be passing on.

I was gonna stay away completely, I even got to the check out line and decided to leave them in the candy section. In the end I ended up buying 4 of them, Cap, Black Wolverine, Deadpool, & Punisher. Only because they fit well with my Joe's. Other than that the only other one I'd get would be Doom

I debated about these for awhile, but figured that wait to make the final call after I seen them in person. I've picked up a few, buy have no intentions of being a completist on these. I'll get my faves, but pass on the rest. So far I've picked up MU Ironman, Spiderman, Daredevil, Wolverine, Black Panther, & Silver Surfer. I've also picked up the Wolverine Origins Gambit, Sabretooth w/Coat & tree branches, Yellow & Blue Wolverine, and both versions of Deadpool. I have a few gripes, but for the most part enjoy them. I'm still planning on picking up a few more as I see them. I really wish that they'd up the amount of villains with this line. The hero to villain ratio is way one sided right now.

I was on the fence with these for awhile now (mainly because I'm a little butt hurt that Hasbro has all but turned their backs on Marvel Legends with some main characters still missing) but since we're not getting any Legends right now and I'm all caught up with my Joes and DCUC and have decide to forgo the news He-Man Classics had the money and decided to pick up a few (Iron Man, Black Panther, Spider-man, & Daredevil) and have to say their pretty some fun little guys. I actually went ahead and picked up some Wolverine: Origins toys just today as well (Brown Wolvie, Blue Wolvie, Gambit, Deadpool, & Maverick) and again I'm pretty satisfied. For the most part think the sculpts are good (Wolive is shorter then the others as he should be, which I worried about in this small scale), paint apps have been kinda bad though, had to look through a lot to find good ones, but did find them after some searching, articulation is decent (not quite to 25th Joe quality but no where as bad as the DC 3.75) They look pretty cool with my Joes in fact makes me really wish the DC 3.75 where up to snuff. I have both Atoms mainly to display with my DCUC and they just look so stiff and boring :( I think the thing that excites me the most is the amount of characters and some of their selections so far, some nice modern and classic choices, but do agree it's lacking in the villains so far. Which again is all kind of bittersweet as I wish Hasbro put as much interest in getting the same amount Legends out. Would have loved a modern Iron Fist, all they need was maybe a new forearm and lower leg sculpt then use most of the mold from the classic Fist. Oh, well. And yes the price is a bit much, mainly because I still remember when I bought 3.75 Joes for around $3.75 but Joes cost about $7 now and are supposed to go up to $8 soon anyways and when you look at the 6 inch lines, DCUC is like $10-11 now, same for Legends when they're out with some like the Hulk Legends going for $15. Just a sign of the times I guess, inflation is a #$#@#. I'll probably quite collecting all together one day, because yeah it's pretty expensive hobby and getting more so as time goes on, not just yet though so thought I'd give these a try for now at least. And with the amount of characters coming out (and no build a figure pieces) don't feel like I need to be a completest that I normally am. Maybe if they were to include a build-a-figure piece for a new 6 inch Legends figure I would be :D That'd be a great way to carry on the Legends line in my opinion, as long as they made sure it was some really deserving modern characters like new Captain America or Thor's new digs or some heavily requested classic characters, The Wrecker and the Wrecking Crew (although would really just want these in a bo set and be done), Baron Zemo II (I want my Masters of Evil people) etc...

all they need to do is make a modern luke cage & I'm tempted to build a new avengers set!

That's how they suck you in, buddy. ;)

I have to disagree with the "selling like hotcakes" theory. I've been to several Targets and TRU in the area and even the scalpers are staying from these things. They are plentiful. Some courageous Target stocker even took the time to separate the figures out and put a different character on each peg.

all they need to do is make a modern luke cage & I'm tempted to build a new avengers set!

That's how they suck you in, buddy. ;)

I have to disagree with the "selling like hotcakes" theory. I've been to several Targets and TRU in the area and even the scalpers are staying from these things. They are plentiful. Some courageous Target stocker even took the time to separate the figures out and put a different character on each peg.

well here theyre selling pretty damn well here--i'm still looking for bullseye

I finally saw a Hulk this weekend, and I'm still looking for Cap, so these are selling to somebody. It helps that the local retailers haven't overordered on the MU or Wolverine lines like they did for Indiana Jones, so the sellthrough locally has been OK. I was afraid this line was going to be another Indy-like failure, but so far, so good.

Overall I am enjoying these, but I can certainly understand where a lot of you are coming from in terms of not being completely satisfied with this new line. What I mean by that is 1). The paint applications on the majority of these figures is inexcusable. 2). The way that Wolverines claws are done on the Origins line is just utter crap. 3) Why are we, as consumers now forced to pay more when we are being given cheaper looking and assembled garbage. Who out there would like to start a revolution against Hasbro? We should demand better product for our hard earned cash!

Yup I've got a few. But the more I get of them, the more I feel like all the time and money I invested in the 6 inch line was a waste and that I'm starting it all over again with these.

That's basically what we're all doing...for better or worse.

I like the Wolverine figures. I found a ton of them this weekend....like, all of them. Even movie Deadpool. Unfortunately I could only buy one because of the high, high prices.

What I'm going to do is wait for the Wolvie movie to hit. You can be sure there will be sales on (at least) the Wolvie figures at this time. I think that's when I'll get the bulk of them. But yeah, it's too bad the prices are so needlessy high. I'd be down for more of them.

Who out there would like to start a revolution against Hasbro? We should demand better product for our hard earned cash!

Yes. It's called not being Lemmings and refusing to buy these. Which several of us are already doing. We are speaking with our wallets. Just as you are speaking with yours by saying 'Wow. This paint ap on Spider-Man is truly hideous, but here is my $9.50 anyway. Continue making these inferior figures Hasbro.'

I'm definitely a fan of the MU line so far. The only one I passed on was the fugly Punisher. My only complaints are Black Panther's coolats and that my Bullseye's torso spins around like a top. The second wave has some noticeable improvements over the first wave. I am definitely into this line and plan to keep buying new characters that are put out. I will not be buying a ton of Spider-Mans and Wolverines, though I know some duplication is unfortunately unavoidable with 2-packs and box sets. I know those aren't to sucker me in though, that's done to attract new buyers.

While I really, really, really hope ML continues as well, I do intend to buy the MU lines and look forward to vehicles and playsets.

Who out there would like to start a revolution against Hasbro? We should demand better product for our hard earned cash!

Yes. It's called not being Lemmings and refusing to buy these. Which several of us are already doing. We are speaking with our wallets. Just as you are speaking with yours by saying 'Wow. This paint ap on Spider-Man is truly hideous, but here is my $9.50 anyway. Continue making these inferior figures Hasbro.'

I agree with you. I am a hypocrite for buying these, but can honestly tell you that I have slowed down a bit and have become more picky and choosey when it comes to which ones I have purchased lately. It's really hard for me because I really like Marvel characters and their figure counterparts so much that it is hard for me not to give in, pull back and say " Hey, I am being robbed with the quality and price tag on these things ". Also, I just love the hobby of collecting too damn much.

You know, I had about a two day long fascination with these figures. I would look at them and look at them on the shelves and think of them next to my Joes. Building a whole Marvle Universe of 3 3/4''ers!

Then just yesterday I pulled out all the Marvel Legends I already own and I realized...why rebuy? ML was a great toy line. They truely did make all the legendary characters already. So instead of buying new stuff I just pulled those out of the box and set them up. They're awesome. Plus I paid as much--if not less--for those guys when they first came out than if I paid for one half the size. (weren't MLs like $6 when they fisrt hit?)