Did final crisis rebot DC chracter's origins?

gruntcast

So I go on DC comic's web site and they have a handful of bios of heroes and villains. I check out Lex's bio and it says that he spent most of his teenage years in smallville with Clark, Lana, and Pete. It did not mention how he got sick from kyptonite and died/transferred his mind into a red haired young empty shell human clone and that he claimed to be Lex jr. So does this mean that non kyptonian Supergirl never existed? What other things or origins changed???? I have not really collected DC comics since the mid 90's, I've just checked up on big events like 52 and Sinestro corps.

Not really because of Final Crisis... the origins of most of DC's characters have been in flux for years. It was actually Infinite Crisis, the 2005 crossover event, that established a "new" status quo for most characters, and undid a lot of the changes made in the 1986 Crisis on infinite Earths. Lex in Smallville was initially brought into modern continuity by the 2004 miniseries "Birthright", which was only one among many attempts to tweak and change Byrne's "Man of Steel" origin from 1987.

The problem is, after Infinite Crisis, DC apparently shot all its editors and gave every writer free reign to develop whatever stories they wanted. As a result, "Continuity" as a concept in the DC Universe is largely meaningless. No one's origins are necessarily set in stone at this point.

As for Linda Danvers (the human component of the Post-Crisis Supergirl), she's recently been used in a miniseries called "Reign in Hell", which was her first appearance since the Peter David Supergirl title was cancelled. So she's still around, but to what extent her history still stands is completely unknown. Partly because of the DC mandate that Kara Zor-El be the one and only Supergirl, and partly because the histories of every character the Matrix/Supergirl origin depends on has been changed fundamentally by the Crises of recent years.

It seems that some of the things seen in Final Crisis didn't really happen or they decided to ignore: such as Aquaman still being alive and the fates of Hawkman and Hawkgirl. I guess we will just wait and see...

Not really because of Final Crisis... the origins of most of DC's characters have been in flux for years. It was actually Infinite Crisis, the 2005 crossover event, that established a "new" status quo for most characters, and undid a lot of the changes made in the 1986 Crisis on infinite Earths. Lex in Smallville was initially brought into modern continuity by the 2004 miniseries "Birthright", which was only one among many attempts to tweak and change Byrne's "Man of Steel" origin from 1987.

The problem is, after Infinite Crisis, DC apparently shot all its editors and gave every writer free reign to develop whatever stories they wanted. As a result, "Continuity" as a concept in the DC Universe is largely meaningless. No one's origins are necessarily set in stone at this point.

As for Linda Danvers (the human component of the Post-Crisis Supergirl), she's recently been used in a miniseries called "Reign in Hell", which was her first appearance since the Peter David Supergirl title was cancelled. So she's still around, but to what extent her history still stands is completely unknown. Partly because of the DC mandate that Kara Zor-El be the one and only Supergirl, and partly because the histories of every character the Matrix/Supergirl origin depends on has been changed fundamentally by the Crises of recent years.

Thanks for the info. Does anyone know what happened to the red haired Lex??? from the death superman.

Thanks for the info. Does anyone know what happened to the red haired Lex??? from the death superman.

That was the real Lex Luthor in a younger body. The body eventually started to fail and he lost his hair again.

Final Crisis 'rebooted' me into never buying anything with Grant Morrison's name on it ever again, that's all I know for sure.

But his All-Star Superman was great...I guess you can't always hit a home run!

It wont be until after Battle for the Cowl and Blackest Night will we know what the heck DC is doing...This Black Lantern stuff is supposed to spin the whole universe around

seems like every damn DC storyline is trying to reboot the damn DC universe.

Batman...Arkham Asylum simple story, no reboot, just a great story.

I agree...all they need to do is write good stories and I will read them!