New Deadpool Movie Images

He looks cool, but I wish they had not called him Deadpool.

They should have made this 'movie character' a new character, and if they wanted to have Deadpool they should have made him look like he does in the comics. Looks like movie Deadpool has been ruined....

deadpool in the comic is all burnt and stuff....so how does it ruin anything he still looks creepy like hey did experiments on him....the only problem i have is why is he shooting junk out of his eyes liek cyclops.

actually wade isnt burnt, he has cancer bonded to his healing factor, so his looks are that of someone with terminal cancer 100% of your body. as for that thing.... i pray its not wade or they reverse it by the end. cyclops eyes and baraka blades are a horrible addition. plus his mouth is sealed. thats no deadpool. they said if the character was liked enough they would spin off a deadpool movie, i wont watch 15 minutes of that thing in this movie.

I'm thinking thats not Deadpool... and is Weapon XI (imdb.com). I know thats theres a figure of him out but it could be a big error... Maybe this Weapon XI can absorb mutant's abilities like Rouge can... hint the claws (Wolverine) and eye blast (Cyclops). From the pictures of Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool they show no lines on his body.. plus the actor Scott Adkins looks more like this guy..

Thats my thoughts on this whole Deadpool thing.

Ok, here is what i have heard about Deadpool in the movie.

The Ryan Reynolds character is only seen during the first 10 minutes of the movie or so.

Somehow the guys who added the adamantium to wolverine are able to add all these powers to deadpool, and then he gets all messed up and violent.

After he his messed up he is no longer played by Ryan Reynolds, so as silvermonkeypoo was saying, he may now be called weapon XI.

I still believe that the movie will be entertaining. I saw the new trailer for it in the theater. It looks rather violent. I didn't really care for the end result with X-3 but have watched it again recently and it still holds a lot of entertainment value. How many times have they changed the X-MEN and Wolverine since the 1960's? A lot, thats for sure. Thats why, for me it's fun to see a different take/ version of our favorite mutants. I tend to think of it as a what if scenario or an alternate time line. I don't go in with unrealistic expectations anymore. Just take it for what it is. A movie.

why the hell is he shooting optic blasts??? i'm thinking maybe its a character called Mimic...who appeared in the early XMen comic book series.

Nope, just got confirmation. Weapon XI is codenamed Deadpool and they use Wade Wilsons body in the experiment where they artificially add all these powers from various mutants.

They are trying to create a "super mutant" to stop the "unstoppable" wolverine.

except for the optic blasts i have no problem with it, some peopel just have to let go of wnating everythign to be just like in the comics.

what did you expect?

Have you seen all the other X-men movies??? they all mangled the characters' appearances

Eh I thought they did pretty good with most aside from changing the comic outfits that is ...

Way too early to judge for me. I don't know enough details.

I will say I hate how they seem to change a lot of things just for the sake of change. We all agree Wolverine can't wear yellow spandex without looking ridiculous in a film, but that same logic doesn't apply to Deadpool, so I don't see any reason why he couldn't wear his same costume.

Batman and Spider-Man had very similar costumes to their comic book counterparts. Not every character needs a total makeover for film.

Wasn't there supposed to be some other villian that Wolverine fought in this movie...another weapon X type villian that's NOT Deadpool?

This could be someone else, even though the figure is out there. WOuldn't be the first mistake made... Sort of the Ra's al Ghul type thing.

One could hope. I was looking forward to red and black leather with the domino mask.

great article man, thanks for sharing

I agree. It was a great article. I thought the part about how Weapon X program removed Deadpool's mouth just to shut him up was absolutely hilarious and completely understanding from their point of view.

what did you expect?

Have you seen all the other X-men movies??? they all mangled the characters' appearances

exactly and that is why wolverine was the most popular character from the X series and why they even made a spinoff for him. its all because his movie character's look and personality was kept most true to the comic unlike many others. when will they learn? if you want a good movie you have to maintain what it was that made people love it in the first place. 2 good examples are spiderman and ironman. they, for the most part, stayed true to the comics.

what did you expect?

exactly and that is why wolverine was the most popular character from the X series and why they even made a spinoff for him. its all because his movie character's look and personality was kept most true to the comic unlike many others. when will they learn? if you want a good movie you have to maintain what it was that made people love it in the first place. 2 good examples are spiderman and ironman. they, for the most part, stayed true to the comics.

And Batman did, too.

Some of the problem is they don't get talented people who truly love or at least appreciate the source material to make these movies.

You hear all the time "So-and-so is making such-and-such, and he assures fans he grew up loving such-and-such, so we can expect a good film." And then the film hits and you see they were willing to change some of the most critical elements simply for the sake of film, or you see it's total crap because they tried too hard to get certain elements in.