Foiled again by Target

Chopz

This morning I woke up about 6ish and made me some coffee. I decided that I would make a toy run to Target. I put on some clothes and sneaked out, so not to wake the wife and kid. I got to Target right as they were opening the doors. I flashed through the door and across the registers. Cut through the women dept and across the kids clothes. Closer and closer to the toys I got. Jogged around an employee dodged a cart to cut down the stationary aisle. The toys were in my sight. I could now see the action figure aisle. Quick turn and a look I noticed after a month the DC classics were full. Was it the new figures. I reached for my checkbook to make sure I did not forget it. Closer and closer I was trying to make out who was the first figure. NO, It isn't I cant believe my eyes its.........Damn blue Superman!!!! OMG its all of wave 2. I picked up the Rob version of Firestorm went to the CD's and picked up a copy of the Watchmen soundtrack. Before I left I asked a Target employee if there were anymore DC figures in the backroom. He scanned DCPI number on the shelf and said "YES, there are about 30 more figures in the back. Again I felt my heart racing as he went to the back. I stood by the backroom door with eager anticipation. The doors swung open and he had 3 cases in his hand and said "Today is your lucky day." I felt all warm inside. We sat the cases on the floor and he began to open them. And to my surprise.....They were all wave 2. You can probably guess what the words out of my mouth were. Why? why? Why? Oh well, at least the Watchmen soundtrack rocks..

Chopz

This morning I woke up about 6ish and made me some coffee. I decided that I would make a toy run to Target. I put on some clothes and sneaked out, so not to wake the wife and kid. I got to Target right as they were opening the doors. I flashed through the door and across the registers. Cut through the women dept and across the kids clothes. Closer and closer to the toys I got. Jogged around an employee dodged a cart to cut down the stationary aisle. The toys were in my sight. I could now see the action figure aisle. Quick turn and a look I noticed after a month the DC classics were full. Was it the new figures. I reached for my checkbook to make sure I did not forget it. Closer and closer I was trying to make out who was the first figure. NO, It isn't I cant believe my eyes its.........Damn blue Superman!!!! OMG its all of wave 2. I picked up the Rob version of Firestorm went to the CD's and picked up a copy of the Watchmen soundtrack. Before I left I asked a Target employee if there were anymore DC figures in the backroom. He scanned DCPI number on the shelf and said "YES, there are about 30 more figures in the back. Again I felt my heart racing as he went to the back. I stood by the backroom door with eager anticipation. The doors swung open and he had 3 cases in his hand and said "Today is your lucky day." I felt all warm inside. We sat the cases on the floor and he began to open them. And to my surprise.....They were all wave 2. You can probably guess what the words out of my mouth were. Why? why? Why? Oh well, at least the Watchmen soundtrack rocks..

Chopz

wow, buying figs is a real adventure for you lol

ugh.. you are one of those guys who runs when the store opens?? @lol@

I despise those guys.. but they are usually Hotwheels guys and scalpers

What a brilliant marketing scheme Mattel has, release old figure and totally neglect the new figures that most fans of the series want. Fantastic. I've not been able to find any of wave 7 at all. Both Mattel and Hasbro are making sure my wallet is constantly full. I don't like the feeling.

I was on another site and they have a Q&A one of the questions were about re releseing wave 5 and mattel's answer was most likey not unless its a 2 pack of some kind. heres the full answer...........

5.) With the announcement at NYCC that Wal-Mart will have another DCUC wave with better distribution, is there any chance that the previous Wal-Mart wave will be re-released with this new wave? If the case count is 10 per case now, why not release 5 new figures and the 5 original figures in that case to make collectors who missed out happy?

While this is one of the ideas that sounds ideal on paper, for the logistics of the toy industry it doesn’t always work. We’ll explain:

Each sku (figure) has a "Minimum Order Quantity", or MOQ. Lets say it is 100K units. Wal-Mart’s wave has 7 new skus. That means they need to take 700K units of this wave to get all 7 figures since we have to do 100K of each figures. (again, this number is a stand in hypothetical amount).

If we offered the 7 new figures along with the 5 older 2008 figures, Wal-Mart would now need to take 500K more case packs to get that many figures in the assortment. (and that is a lot of case packs extra for them to take!). This is why we need to keep production to the new skus only.

We have already completed the run of DCUC Waves 1-6. The reason we can’t just "go back into production" is because each time we run a figure we have to run the full MOQ (or pay a higher premium cost like we do when we run a Comic Con or MattyCollector.com item. That is why we also charge more for these items, because we produce less than the MOQ and are therefore charged more by our vendors for the low run).

So it all comes down to the MOQ. When we bring a figures back, such as in a 2 pack or as a "best of" figure such as Batman and Shazam in 2009, that is because we know some characters are big enough to sell their MOQ all over again. Some of the more "collector figures" are not necessarily able to sell there entire run again which is why we can't just go back into production (at least at this time, who knows with continued growth!)

Hope that clears it up. J

Which with folks seeing wave 2 still at target don't make a hell of alot of sence to me

I am going to take a wild guess that Target had quite a few cases sitting in a warehouse and are just now getting around to distributing them.

So far Target has helped in my search for Wave 1, Wave 2, Wave 3 and of recent Wave 4 has started popping up on shelves.

With the second Wave, I think there was only 1 Target in the Central Ohio area that received them. I wonder if they had these in a store room somewhere and forgot about them. Now, they have them showing up in several stores. It makes me think that Wave 3 might be sitting in a store room somewhere.

Have come across Jason Rusch Firestorm and Harley Quinne several times this week. I am thinking of buying the figs again because I like them that much.

No, I wasnt running. There were too many Milfs in Target and I didn't want to look like a fool. I do however believe in short-cuts. You are right about the Hot Wheels guys I have seen them in full sprint before.

Chopz

No, I wasnt running. There were too many Milfs in Target and I didn't want to look like a fool. I do however believe in short-cuts. You are right about the Hot Wheels guys I have seen them in full sprint before.

Chopz

HA HA HA HA! MMMMMM MILFS!

I've never run in a Target but one day I was walking down the action figure aisle and like always my Target never keeps the thing stocked. Huge gaping holes where there should be product, if it was a dog that aisle would have the mange. But anyway there was a little kid sitting all alone in a shopping cart, waiting on his parents to get back I guess. I was walking through and got frustrated and said "This place sucks!". And that kid looked at me really scared like I had said I was going to throw him through the ceiling. At the time I felt bad but now its kind of funny.

Yeah in my store we get the Hot Wheels guys when we open

Chopz you won't see anything from that store in a while the current wave on the pegs won't be changed out with the stock in the back

If it were me I would change it around to sell some figures

Funny I need Harly too....

Otherwise My store has none in stock period

But without collectors working in the the stores nobody will care about moving the wave around

I see my fair share of milfs here in the Tampa are myself

yum yum

Chopz

Lol !!! ... @loll@

There's this gang of Hot Wheels guys at my Toys r Us, they're like 50 or something. Before I stopped collecting everything except JLU I would go like three times a week and they were there every time bitching and moaning about cars. And people say us action figure collectors are bad.

Given that mattel is nothing more than a series of failures with the occasional good figure leaked out to keep us interested, I'm not surprised.

Yeah a complete failure. Barbie, Hot Wheels, DCUC, Masters of the Universe, all lines that have crashed and burned under their watch.

Just because you don't like them/can't get them/whatever doesn't make them a failure.

Given that mattel is nothing more than a series of failures with the occasional good figure leaked out to keep us interested, I'm not surprised.

Yeah a complete failure. Barbie, Hot Wheels, DCUC, Masters of the Universe, all lines that have crashed and burned under their watch.

Just because you don't like them/can't get them/whatever doesn't make them a failure.

Actually, that's exactly what makes them a failure.

Yea I went to about 5 different Targets trying to find Ares and Batman Beyond so I can finally finish my Despero but all I would find are wave two figures or an abundance of Captain Atom. Then decided to try my luck at Wal-Mart and they had Wave *groan* 1 still... MILFS lol I love that about Target! I think that was the main reason I found it so hard to quit working there besides getting first dibs on figures...

Actually, that's exactly what makes them a failure.

Exactly!

My big problem isn't Target it's the Walmart up the street from me

They reset toys back in January and have yet to get anything new in and there are alot of empty pegs

I don't klnow how that dept mgr keeps his job

The trick is to befriend one of the Hot Wheels Guys, they can tell you what every Walmart, Target, TRU, and Kmart in your area is getting new stuff, when trucks are coming in, etc. It saves me from having to drive around too much by making a phone call every so often. Anyways, those guys are hardcore.

let me go further with that statement. They aren't all around horrible figures, but for the cost they should be of higher quality and more available. I hold them to the standard of Toybiz marvel legends, which I believe despite quality pitfalls to be the greatest figure line of all time. They were $8 each and they were 10 times the TOYS these will ever be. They're are like cheap, harder to find DCD figures.