where is a good place to find the desert and arctic sets?

pesatyel

I almost forgot all about these things since they are internet exclusives.

I found them at Hastings, but I wasn't going to pay $48 for EACH pack. I figured I could find them at HTS @loll@

So where IS a good place to get them?

Part of the reason I didn't want to get them (besides the price) was the paint apps were terrible. I've noticed it quite a bit on a few other figures, especially the Cobra Diver and Python Guardsman.

online exclusives, no matter how cool they are, are doomed from the get go.

put em in my hands, or I won't buy em

Same here!

Same here!

Generally same here. Sometimes you don't get a choice though lol. At least they ARE available. I hate con exclusives.

i prefer them as i hate driving around searching for stuff.

huh??

I haven't had to hunt for any Joe items since wave 3.

Now there is more than enough of everything

huh??

Not around here in Albuquerque. There are 3 K-Marts, 2 TRU, 4 Targets and 7 Walmarts....and I've NEVER seen the Water Moccassin, Blowtorch, Trakker, Firefly, Resolute Cobra Commander, and Resolute Cobra Trooper. And I've seen barely a handful of the other guys from the last 3 waves like Wraith, Ninja Viper, Scarlett and Zartan. Hell I've only ever seen 2 Sky Hawks and I had to go to Santa Fe to get a Moccasin.

I'm finding it hard to believe that scalpers and collectors have routinely cleaned ALL of the stores out that fast.

huh??

It al depends on where you live. Omaha has nothing. I just found stuff at a Target Grand Opening that people have had for months. I have yet to see wave 12 and wave 11 just started to show up at a Walmart or 2.

huh??

must be nice man. I too havent searched for anything since wave 3 because i just ordered each wave online. I pay a few dollars extra and some nice man or woman walks the toys to my front door with a smile on their face. Great stuff.

And for there being more than enough around? what fantasy toy world are you in??? lol my walmart consists of wave 7 foil card dukes and wild bills still. My TRU had nothing but then got about 8 cases of wave 13 all of the sudden. Well, i should say 8 cases of wave 13 firefly and torch as those are the only figs i have seen there.

huh??

must be nice man. I too havent searched for anything since wave 3 because i just ordered each wave online. I pay a few dollars extra and some nice man or woman walks the toys to my front door with a smile on their face. Great stuff.

And for there being more than enough around? what fantasy toy world are you in??? lol my walmart consists of wave 7 foil card dukes and wild bills still. My TRU had nothing but then got about 8 cases of wave 13 all of the sudden. Well, i should say 8 cases of wave 13 firefly and torch as those are the only figs i have seen there.

@lol@

you guys serious??

I mean I guess I can understand if you live in a small town with a few stores.. and those stores happen to suck..

but I can't really believe that anybody who lives in a city with several stores has much trouble anymore.

I can find anything from the last 3 waves right now (and more from other waves).. comic packs, vehicles, rattlers and conquests, 5 packs, etc.. all with probably 30 minutes of driving or less.

The only thing you can't find here right now is Wraith, and the last DVD set.. everything else is waiting on the peg for you

huh??

@lol@

you guys serious??

I mean I guess I can understand if you live in a small town with a few stores.. and those stores happen to suck..

but I can't really believe that anybody who lives in a city with several stores has much trouble anymore.

I can find anything from the last 3 waves right now (and more from other waves).. comic packs, vehicles, rattlers and conquests, 5 packs, etc.. all with probably 30 minutes of driving or less.

The only thing you can't find here right now is Wraith, and the last DVD set.. everything else is waiting on the peg for you

Yup, seriously. Albuquerque is horrible for Joe products. I can find a lot of the Cobra Diver (ironic since I only wanted one to be my Eel teamleader), Ripper and one or two Torch (which I don't like because of the Cobra tattooes), a few Python Guardsmen, TF Duke and the occasional Mutt. That's it.

huh??

@lol@

you guys serious??

Yup, seriously. Albuquerque is horrible for Joe products. I can find a lot of the Cobra Diver (ironic since I only wanted one to be my Eel teamleader), Ripper and one or two Torch (which I don't like because of the Cobra tattooes), a few Python Guardsmen, TF Duke and the occasional Mutt. That's it.

Omaha is 650,000 strong. Add the suburds and you are at ove a million people. The small town theory doesn't hold water around here.

huh??

@lol@

you guys serious??

Omaha is 650,000 strong. Add the suburds and you are at ove a million people. The small town theory doesn't hold water around here.

Who said anything about small town? Well, unless you were talking to Clam. Albuquerque is the largest city in New Mexico.

Clam happens to live in Sacramento, CA... Not a small population there at all, either...

However, he's had great luck.

I live an hour or so away from him, and I have horrible luck most of the time. :) Wave 12 just started showing up (army builder wave). But, unlike Clam, I order all my stuff online so that I don't have to go chasing.

-Kevin

Clam happens to live in Sacramento, CA... Not a small population there at all, either...

I live an hour or so away from him, and I have horrible luck most of the time. :) Wave 12 just started showing up (army builder wave). But, unlike Clam, I order all my stuff online so that I don't have to go chasing.

-Kevin

I don't think I have just had great luck... I mean I don't even have to search for most Joe items, they are just there waiting for anybody.

hmm.. guess I am lucky Sacramento gets so much stuff then.

BTW kev.. if you ever need anything, I can send it to you.. don't go paying too much to any internet stores

-Kevin

I don't think I have just had great luck... I mean I don't even have to search for most Joe items, they are just there waiting for anybody.

BTW kev.. if you ever need anything, I can send it to you.. don't go paying too much to any internet stores

I'm a Kevin too, does that count for me? :P

-Kevin

I'm a Kevin too, does that count for me? :P

depends on what you are looking for, and if you can return the favor