Anyone reading the Star Trek Online road to 2409?

clonekiller72

The Star Trek Online MMO site has been doing a special road to 2409 which leads from the end of ST:Nemisis though their game debut in 2409. So far these entries come out one a month, each summing up a year in the ST Universe.

If you're a fan these should not be missed and are very quick, enjoyable reads.

http://www.startrekonline.com/

To the 33 (at current) people who have read this post, Have any of you gone to the link and read the material?

If so what did you think?

• 3 weeks later...
The Star Trek Online MMO site has been doing a special road to 2409 which leads from the end of ST:Nemisis though their game debut in 2409. So far these entries come out one a month, each summing up a year in the ST Universe.

To the 33 (at current) people who have read this post, Have any of you gone to the link and read the material?

Hey clonekiller,

Thank you for linking to this! I have been looking for a summary of the storylines in the novels for years now. I'd post in forums and ask for summaries, but no one would give 'em.

This is great, as it sums up a lot of the stuff going on between NEM and the new movie. This was a brilliant move on Paramount's part.

That said, I think they could've made these a series of comic mini-series or even novels to bridge the Nemesis-Star Trek gap. Nevertheless, enjoyable reading and it's getting me more excited for the new flick!

And I love the fact that A) Data is back and B) Picard is now an ambassador. That should've happened after the sixth season of TNG, IMO.

GL

Hey clonekiller,

Thank you for linking to this! I have been looking for a summary of the storylines in the novels for years now. I'd post in forums and ask for summaries, but no one would give 'em.

This is great, as it sums up a lot of the stuff going on between NEM and the new movie. This was a brilliant move on Paramount's part.

That said, I think they could've made these a series of comic mini-series or even novels to bridge the Nemesis-Star Trek gap. Nevertheless, enjoyable reading and it's getting me more excited for the new flick!

And I love the fact that A) Data is back and B) Picard is now an ambassador. That should've happened after the sixth season of TNG, IMO.

GL

If you are enjoying these and wish to read more of the leadin to the new movie, you should pick up the Star Trek Countdown miniseries that actually "prequals" the JJ Movie. Thing is it takes place with Data & Picard & Spock in the post Nemesis time line. It matches up with the "Road to 2409" storyline very well.

What I really like about this timeline the online gamemakers are compiling is that they are trying to make all of these novels and comics that have been so dis-jointed work.

That and we don't have to read them all to know where the overall story is headed.

• 2 weeks later...