Watchmen Review (SPOILERS!!)

Prime2099

yes gosh darn it! I'm at work on my PDA writeing this. I mean you don't realy expect me to do any real work do you. LOL!

Ok where was I, right. So we see millions of people being vaporized (which again I just felt a lil disconnected from) & we see an entire city turned to a crator the size of NY city. Yet for all that mass murder the only death I realy felt anything for was that of Roschach! His body desimated to a bloody pulp by this would be demi god who fancys him self "above it all". & all that's left of the man is his flesh blasted out to be interpited like some ink blot roschach........like his death was ment to make us see a bigger truth than what we think is reality. So yeah, IMO the apocolypic ending was a lil up staged & dwarfed by Roschach death.

Ok now for the good!!! The action fight scene were THE SHYT!!!!! It was funny cause I had seen TDK as the 1st movie playing before WATCHMEN & I had thought to my self as I was watching TDK for the umpteenth time that Batman should move WAAAYYYY faster than he does. & BOOM just like that I get my wish from Watchmen! The fight coreography was ACDEMY AWARD WORTHY! I don't think the Oscars has a fight catagory but if they did boy-o-boy! The FX were absolutly breath takeing (especialy when seen in an IMAX theator), Dr. Manhatten was..................(excuse me when I say this but)......SKEEET SKEEET SKEEEET!!!!!!! Man something told me to rub one out before seeing this because I admit I was TOTALY DISTRACTED by that hot demi god's blue mussel bound body an that big ol uncut........well never mind. the movie may have been Rated R but this forum is unfortunately PG-13 LMAO! But let just say if you swing Queen's way dont go see this with a "loaded gun" lol.

This movie IMO will no doubt set totaly new standards for what makes a comic movie successful, that is this & TDK. I also want to go on the record as saying NOW IS THE TIME FOR JUSTICE LEAGUE MOVIE.........&THIS MAN SHOULD MOS DEF DIRECT IT!!!! Over all Watchmen get a solid 4 stars out of 5.

yes gosh darn it! I'm at work on my PDA writeing this. I mean you don't realy expect me to do any real work do you. LOL!

Ok where was I, right. So we see millions of people being vaporized (which again I just felt a lil disconnected from) & we see an entire city turned to a crator the size of NY city. Yet for all that mass murder the only death I realy felt anything for was that of Roschach! His body desimated to a bloody pulp by this would be demi god who fancys him self "above it all". & all that's left of the man is his flesh blasted out to be interpited like some ink blot roschach........like his death was ment to make us see a bigger truth than what we think is reality. So yeah, IMO the apocolypic ending was a lil up staged & dwarfed by Roschach death.

Ok now for the good!!! The action fight scene were THE SHYT!!!!! It was funny cause I had seen TDK as the 1st movie playing before WATCHMEN & I had thought to my self as I was watching TDK for the umpteenth time that Batman should move WAAAYYYY faster than he does. & BOOM just like that I get my wish from Watchmen! The fight coreography was ACDEMY AWARD WORTHY! I don't think the Oscars has a fight catagory but if they did boy-o-boy! The FX were absolutly breath takeing (especialy when seen in an IMAX theator), Dr. Manhatten was..................(excuse me when I say this but)......SKEEET SKEEET SKEEEET!!!!!!! Man something told me to rub one out before seeing this because I admit I was TOTALY DISTRACTED by that hot demi god's blue mussel bound body an that big ol uncut........well never mind. the movie may have been Rated R but this forum is unfortunately PG-13 LMAO! But let just say if you swing Queen's way dont go see this with a "loaded gun" lol.

This movie IMO will no doubt set totaly new standards for what makes a comic movie successful, that is this & TDK. I also want to go on the record as saying NOW IS THE TIME FOR JUSTICE LEAGUE MOVIE.........&THIS MAN SHOULD MOS DEF DIRECT IT!!!! Over all Watchmen get a solid 4 stars out of 5.

so....ur a guy, i thought you were a girl :wacko:

It was "meh".

Just okay, not great, not awful.

I can easily see how someone who has never read the comics, knows nothing of the story or characters would be somewhat confused by the movie.

In some ways, it tries too hard to adhere to the book, and in other ways it succumbs to a movie structure ( which is probably a good thing in the long run).

I think some of the nuances get lost in the translation--the whole Nixon thing came across as puzzling, in a comical way. I know its integral to the story, but I know that a lot of viewers today will find it perplexing. The makeup didn't help.

In some ways, I think it painfully illustrates the great divide between the cinema of film and the "cinema" of comics. The two are NOT the same thing, nor easily exchanged.

Some stuff it just seems to drop the audience in to the middle of, and let's them fend for themselves..........other things it takes pains to carefully address certain aspects, so the audience can clue in as they go.

I think the filmmakers made a valiant attempt at this movie, translated some things quite well, and flubbed some other things. Its an uneven film, quite pretty looking though......that takes a "now-dated" story and tries to sort of make it relevant today.

Well i watched it this morning around 3 am. I for never reading the book enjoyed it alot. From the animated comic movie seems to be on point with the book so that was kool. The only thing i didn't like was the music. iI thought they should have used more orcastra type music. Example jimmy hendrix watchtower great song but that and the other songs just didn't seem to fit where they were placed.

I know that probly don't make sence. But hopefully once yall see the movie or thoses who have know what i am trying to get at.

I posted before about the relationship between Sally and the Comedian. After seeing the movie I wish they'd cut it out. I felt the whole thing was badly written, badly directed, and VERY badly acted. The humanity Sally had in the book was completely stripped away. It totally ruined one of my favorite characters. Also, the girl who played Laurie did a terrible job. She was completely lifeless. She probably got the part for that gratuitous sex scene because it definately wasn't for her emotional range.

It was "meh".

I can easily see how someone who has never read the comics, knows nothing of the story or characters would be somewhat confused by the movie.

In some ways, it tries too hard to adhere to the book, and in other ways it succumbs to a movie structure ( which is probably a good thing in the long run).

I think some of the nuances get lost in the translation--the whole Nixon thing came across as puzzling, in a comical way. I know its integral to the story, but I know that a lot of viewers today will find it perplexing. The makeup didn't help.

In some ways, I think it painfully illustrates the great divide between the cinema of film and the "cinema" of comics. The two are NOT the same thing, nor easily exchanged.

Some stuff it just seems to drop the audience in to the middle of, and let's them fend for themselves..........other things it takes pains to carefully address certain aspects, so the audience can clue in as they go.

I think the filmmakers made a valiant attempt at this movie, translated some things quite well, and flubbed some other things. Its an uneven film, quite pretty looking though......that takes a "now-dated" story and tries to sort of make it relevant today.

Damn, ya beat me to it since l also thought it was bleh. The movie is certainly confusing for those who haven't read the comic. For instance, without the brutal attack on NightOwl I, his death just seems out of place. A lot of ppl who never read the comic would think that the bandaged body in the hospital is Moloch. Synder should have removed the death of Hollis or reshot it with maybe Hollis dead in his destroyed living room; it would give the audience that Hollis died because Dan didn't visit him or something. I know that they have filmed the attack on NightOwl I, but they should of removed the death completely for the theatrical ver. The scene without the attack makes it confusing for those who haven't read the graphic novel.

As for my opinion, I don't know why I don't like it. I mean, I didn't feel anything when I watch the movie. When I usually like somethin, I feel emotional. However, with this movie, I feel nothing inside, which most likely means I didn't care for the film.

As for the comic, though, I did feel emotional readin the pages. I guess I like the book better because the character development is so much richer than the movie even if it is faithful. I miss Rorschac's origin on how what made him fight crime

As for the ending, it didn't bothered me that they altered it because the comic book ending is as corny as having Dakseid in a Superman live action film; it would make the audience confused.

l heard that the home release ver will contain more scenes, which may make the movie better.

I realize that the fight scenes are more violent than the book. I mean, the book is very violent, but most of that has to do with the end, which was altered in the movie. l find it strange that Silk Spectre 2 and NightOwl II kills since in the original piece, they were old school fighters

Know what I think? I think this movie is gonna be a big hit in the comic cult world, but flop in the main stream world. I can gauge the film's success by seeing the figs (which DCD is doing and not mattel, smart move in hind sight of the films lack of main stream sucess), but yeah I can bank on this turing out to be the "Donie Darko" of the comic book film world. Popular but only in its own element.

BTW I just got my alert that my 1:6 Rorschach is in at BBTS. All thats left now is my 6" unmask Rorschach, and if BBTS pulls that "sorry this item has been cancelled shyt with me its gonna get ulgy!!! @pow@ @rambo@

It was "meh".

Damn, ya beat me to it since l also thought it was bleh. The movie is certainly confusing for those who haven't read the comic. For instance, without the brutal attack on NightOwl I, his death just seems out of place. A lot of ppl who never read the comic would think that the bandaged body in the hospital is Moloch. Synder should have removed the death of Hollis or reshot it with maybe Hollis dead in his destroyed living room; it would give the audience that Hollis died because Dan didn't visit him or something. I know that they have filmed the attack on NightOwl I, but they should of removed the death completely for the theatrical ver. The scene without the attack makes it confusing for those who haven't read the graphic novel.

As for my opinion, I don't know why I don't like it. I mean, I didn't feel anything when I watch the movie. When I usually like somethin, I feel emotional. However, with this movie, I feel nothing inside, which most likely means I didn't care for the film.

As for the comic, though, I did feel emotional readin the pages. I guess I like the book better because the character development is so much richer than the movie even if it is faithful. I miss Rorschac's origin on how what made him fight crime

As for the ending, it didn't bothered me that they altered it because the comic book ending is as corny as having Dakseid in a Superman live action film; it would make the audience confused.

l heard that the home release ver will contain more scenes, which may make the movie better.

I realize that the fight scenes are more violent than the book. I mean, the book is very violent, but most of that has to do with the end, which was altered in the movie. l find it strange that Silk Spectre 2 and NightOwl II kills since in the original piece, they were old school fighters

um..Hollis' death isn't in the movie, what version did you see? Hollis shows up at the beginning and that is it.

I liked the movie. And frankly it wasn't that confusing, I took two friends who have never read the graphic novel and they loved it and got it. I think if you sit back and expect the movie to just play out for you you won't get it. But if you think about it while watching it it plays out on a whole other level.

It was "meh".

um..Hollis' death isn't in the movie, what version did you see? Hollis shows up at the beginning and that is it.

I liked the movie. And frankly it wasn't that confusing, I took two friends who have never read the graphic novel and they loved it and got it. I think if you sit back and expect the movie to just play out for you you won't get it. But if you think about it while watching it it plays out on a whole other level.

I didn't have time to edit my post but before I read your comment, I realize it wasn't holis but another character, which imo is pretty lame to add it in. The banaged guy who dies in the hospital scene is the extra in which Rorschach threw oil on him

Since the movie does not have a lot of scenes with the doctor analyzin rorschach's mental behaviors and hence, no talk about the prisoner dying, they show it in the film instead. I think it is pretty silly to show the guy being dead since it was added to the scene w/o any clear explaination. Him having oil poured on him would be a good indication that he didn't survive from the burns, therefore showing the scene is a bit strange especially since it does not fit in the part they added in. It is as if you are watching an action flick where the main character stabs a thug with a sword and later see the thug passed 5 minutes later between two unrelated parts.

I posted before about the relationship between Sally and the Comedian. After seeing the movie I wish they'd cut it out. I felt the whole thing was badly written, badly directed, and VERY badly acted. The humanity Sally had in the book was completely stripped away. It totally ruined one of my favorite characters. Also, the girl who played Laurie did a terrible job. She was completely lifeless. She probably got the part for that gratuitous sex scene because it definately wasn't for her emotional range.
Yea I agree, wasn't the best acting, but she was frickin hot.

The thing i missed was the newstand guy and kid i think they could have worked it in its a small part of the over all story but i enjoyed it. they did have a small 2 sec part where the old white guy and the young black kid stand together. But still would have liked to seen at least something befor hand

You know overall I liked the movie and really I don't think that the Comedian and Sally Jupiter story was all that bad. Trust me I have seen much worse love stories on TV and even worse yet real life stories that was handled much worse than that was. Overall for a "comic book" movie that was damn good. I can't wait to see the uncut version with all the footage back in I bet that will be amazing.