Who would collect a DCUC styled Batman and Robin???

Lady Jaye

You know I would totally get a Adam West Batman and Burt Ward Robin if they ever made em on mattycollector!!!! I would also get any and all villains they made from the show!!! That was my first true delve into the DC world, repeats but new to this lil kid!!!

So who else would totally pick up these guys?? Perhaps a Batmobile styled from the show too!!

1st let me get some clairification from ya. When youi say "DCUC style" are we talkin stand alone line of toys from Mattel that are ONLY styled in the DCUC style? Or are you suggesting new additions to the DCUC line its self?

If its the latter then the compleatiest in me would force my hand in to buying them. But if its the former then I'd have to say no. The only way i'd buy such figures is if DCD did them, & not because I'm a compleatiest but because I too loved that show & think only DCD's dedication to sculpt could do the chacters justice.

I would prefer DCD styled figures but yeah I would get them. They were the first comic heroes when I was a kid (when the show was wwaaaay into reruns) that I remember seeing on TV. So yeah always going to love that version of the characters no matter how campy it is. And if the figures end up coming with accessories, I would like Batman to come with either a huge round bomb or shark repellent. :)

I agree that this seems like more of a DCD project, simply because they excell at artist interpretation, or in this case, actor rendition. Would I like them to have the same articulation at a DCUC? Sure. Would I like them to be all Shaq-Diesel like a DCUC? No, they'd have to be realistic. Would I like to see them included in the DCUC line? No. Then we'd end up with an amalgam of DCUC and Movie Masters. Best to keep them separate.

Would I love a 1:12 scale Batmobile? Hell, yeah! But I'd prefer the one from the SuperFriends over the TV show version. Close second, though!

I think the best way to get these figures out, if Mattel ever decided to do so, would be as some form of exclusive. That is if they were ever released under the DCUC banner. I think a SDCC or NYCC exclusive would work best. Especially if packaged with the Batmobile since I doubt many would ever buy them through Mattycollector due to the shipping cost associated with something of that size. Personally I'd get them simply because I'd own an Adam West figure. How many people could say that Adam West lives in their home?

isn't the Batman from the Metamorpho series essentially a West Batman?

No, its quite far from it.

Its closer to a Neal Adams-designed Batman, or perhaps a Carmine Infantino design--but ts NOT West per se.

If you consider just that it shares some costume design elements, its different enough in physique and such.......definitely not West.

Consider that Batman to be a comicbook interpretation. West would need to be a Movie Masters type figure.

The 60's Batman Tv show was essentially a comedy, so if a figure comes along, there probably should be some element of goofiness about it.

isn't the Batman from the Metamorpho series essentially a West Batman?

No, its quite far from it.

Its closer to a Neal Adams-designed Batman, or perhaps a Carmine Infantino design--but ts NOT West per se.

If you consider just that it shares some costume design elements, its different enough in physique and such.......definitely not West.

Consider that Batman to be a comicbook interpretation. West would need to be a Movie Masters type figure.

The 60's Batman Tv show was essentially a comedy, so if a figure comes along, there probably should be some element of goofiness about it.

"Some Element of goofiness"

Love it!

It's a man dressed as a bat who fights crime. As an action figure.

Joking aside the Mattel version does not cut it as a camp T.V. version if that is what you are looking for.

You need the D.C. Direct Batman And Robin silver age two pack. they both look very similar to the T.V. versions but Robin in particular is nearly spot on. Batman's utility belt is the comic version(easily customised I should think) and the Bat emblem is slightly different.

The Robin actually looks like it was based on Burt Ward.

I wouldn't mind seeing figures based on the old Adam West Batman TV show but chances are unlikely when Mattel is still so slow to give us an answer to make Batman and Batman Returns figures in the movie masters line.

I don't really mind if the figures are made by Mattel or DC Direct. I don't recall any good movie based figures or statues from DC Direct. The Batman Begins and The Dark Knight products are a shame as well as the Superman Returns items. The Christopher Reeve Superman statue some what looks like Reeve but not totally. Heck the Hot Toys figures are doing a better job.

But distribution wise I sure hope it's DC Direct. Mattel don't really care about distributing their toys to interested customers.

"Some Element of goofiness"

Love it!

It's a man dressed as a bat who fights crime. As an action figure.

West's oft-dopey grin and Ward's tendency to look cross-eyed in his mask would fulfill most of the "goofiness" quotient I'd seek.