This sucks...

Nguyen_Dragon

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/a...ncelled-166918/

It looks like after waiting all these years we might not even get a chance at Arcee... If this is true there wont be anything on the shelf but ROTF toys... I guess I be saving a lot of money... I can understand the fear of ROTF toy line failing... A lot more was invested in that... Plus the economy is still in bad shape and Hasbro doesnt want us to have choices... We might pick the right one... It sucks that TFA is the victim of bad timing...

For now, I'm putting this in the "he tell me" file until we get some solid proof. Honestly, I just don't buy it.

I bet animated DOES have an end date of May 29th, just to bring in the movie line. I seriously doubt the "hasbro police" will go in to each store and eliminate all animated toys on that date.

I figured as much myself.

The last "new" things I saw were the repaints (Roadbuster Magnus, Atomic Lugnut, Shadowblade Megatron and Blazing Lockdown). The only NEW thing that is, supposedly, supposed to be out is Wreck-Gar.

It's a sad state when we havne't seen anything new for over a month.

According to this source at tfw the latest TFCC mag has preorder mentions of a voyager blackout, deluxe freeway jazz, voyager wingblade prime, and a new deluxe ratchet. Seems like a good sign that animated will continue for awhile longer.

Yeah, someone went off half-baked with out-of-context info.

Again. @grumpy@

The wave HAS been canceled, but that's so that Hasbro can spread them out and make two waves.

So we're not getting LESS figures, we're getting MORE. This is GOOD news!

that would be sad. it was actually a cool little show and the figures were surprisingly awesome and didnt like them what so ever when i first saw and heard of them. i guess coolness grows on ya....must not've grown on the rest of the world though if its going down this fast.

IMO Transformers in general have lost alot of their apeal (mostly due in part of poor bot chacter development in the 1st movie). Hopefuly if Bay addresses this issue people will have much more of a connection to the TFs rather than the humans (remember its the bot collect and child alike have to buy, not human action figures).

But the one thing that suprises me with you guys posts, is that you all seemed so shocked about the cncellation of the TFA toy line. If its been confirmed that the toon is soon to be history, then its realy only logical that the toy line would get eliminated. Normaly i'd say the economy has nothing to do with TFA (be it toy or toon) down fall, but this time i think you might be right.

IMO Hasbro knows this as well and thats why they are thinning the heard so to speak in toy lines. God knows i've had to scale back on a lot of my DC stuff, and like I said I droped my movie TFs so i'd have money to buy the import TFs that realy appeal to me. But you know what? I kinda knew TFA's toy were a lil weak in the sales dept by the availabilty. As much as I hate hunting down that damn chase fig from DC, the facts are chase figs are good indicates of a strong company toy line. Once I saw TFA tous like Grimlock, Blur, Jazz, and elit gaurd BB were mad easy to get, i knew then that things were'nt so hot for the toy line.

Grimlock was hard to get for like almost a month after his release date. But then one popped up on the shelf at Target and i was like.........nahhh pass. then it was joined by a 2nd Grimlock and then a 3rd, and before you knew it we had a whole shelf of them. I know im not the biggest fan of TFA but the toys were not that bad. kinda cool even in there own lil way, even tho they made some major mistakes like giveing jazz 1950ies shark style fenders and tail lights.

But yeah, im not planing on buying a lot of the movie stuff either, mabe just a cuple here and there..............money is crazy tight!

(remember its the bot collect and child alike have to buy, not human action figures)

Which is why they didn't make any ;) (except for tiny little pvc figures that don't count)