How many Viper repacks have you seen?

JohnnyRebelV2

Well, I've only ever seen 3 of the Cobra packs (and 2 of the Joe ones). I didn't like the paint apps on a lot of the Cobra figures (and I was a little short on cash) so I didn't get any.

I'm not TOO worried about it as we can get the Viper in the HOH singles, just so long as I can get ONE in the 5 pack. Well, that is unless the replacement is something not too bad.

It is pretty common to see a repack using Corps figures.

0124091903.jpg

I like how BOTH sets use the exact same figures.

But I've seen quite a number of 25th figures used as replacements.

0214091304.jpg

That's Steeler in place of the Baroness and UBP Destro in place of the pack's Destro.

I've even seen Stalker replace several figures in other packs, such as Beach Head in the comic pack.

I almost considered getting the one with Steeler (partly becuase it was on discount for $15) because that Steeler is better than the one with the Armadillo (except the color).

And sorry about the blurry pictures, I was using a camera phone and its hard to tell....

Thankfully I got my 2 5-packs almost 2 weeks ago because today at Wal Mart I checked the 4 remaining cobra packs and they had all been repacked with wave 7 viper instead of crome faced fixed hands viper.

Where was this?

This most likely would not be happening if Hasbro packed the Chrome version in the new TRU exclusive pack for latter this year. Why Hasbro is yet again packing the wave 7 junk in that TRU set is beyond me

I am going to assume that my TRU will have a whole lot in a week or so. On Tuesday I went and they had about ten odf the Joe and ten Cobra packs, didn't have a lot of time and no money on me so I passed. yesterday I went back and they had about eight Joe packs, two Resolute packs and no Cobra ones.

haven't seen any repacks on this yet.. but I have only seen these sets once.. and I nabbed mine

I really don't see any repacks of GiJoe items in my hunts..

I do see Starwars stuff repacked though

How are these packed? When I first saw them, I saw 4 Resolute, 2 Cobra and 1 Joe pack. I don't know if that's the actual case assortment, but if it is, that sucks.

the cases have 6 each.

the wave 1 cases have 3 Joes, 3 Cobras.

the wave 2 cases have 4 Resolute, 1 Joe, 1 Cobra

0124091903.jpg

Oh wow. Do you realize that your blurry photo proves the existence of the legendary Best Of set?

And on the next shelf, bigfoot!

Observe these mythical creatures in their natural habitat... easy now, don't startle them... I hear they invited the Loch Ness Monster over for tea and crumpets...

0124091903.jpg

Oh wow. Do you realize that your blurry photo proves the existence of the legendary Best Of set?

And on the next shelf, bigfoot!

Observe these mythical creatures in their natural habitat... easy now, don't startle them... I hear they invited the Loch Ness Monster over for tea and crumpets...

That was only one of 2 of that set I've EVER seen....I think. I'm not sure if I actually managed to acquire it (I didn't like the paint apps on the figures so I didn't get that one).

Hey I just found this set and really don't care for the new Viper much (the new head is meh to me). I LOVE the new Baroness though so if any one is buying multiple sets for the Viper and would like mine in trade for another Baroness just LMK!

The thing about the Viper is him having good hands. Nobody REALLY cares about the head by comparison. @firedevil@

How are these packed? When I first saw them, I saw 4 Resolute, 2 Cobra and 1 Joe pack. I don't know if that's the actual case assortment, but if it is, that sucks.

the cases have 6 each.

the wave 1 cases have 3 Joes, 3 Cobras.

the wave 2 cases have 4 Resolute, 1 Joe, 1 Cobra

yeah, what I like about the new Vipers is mostly the hands/wrists.

However, they are much better all the way around. They feel much more sturdy, the joints are nice and stiff, the paint is cleaner, etc. The helmet also now has the goggles molded on (much better looking).

I just don't like the chrome

However, they are much better all the way around. They feel much more sturdy, the joints are nice and stiff, the paint is cleaner, etc. The helmet also now has the goggles molded on (much better looking).

Yeah the chrome just looks KOish to me, the new head wasn't needed either but i'm glad some people like it.

Yeah the chrome just looks KOish to me, the new head wasn't needed either but i'm glad some people like it.

This most likely would not be happening if Hasbro packed the Chrome version in the new TRU exclusive pack for latter this year. Why Hasbro is yet again packing the wave 7 junk in that TRU set is beyond me

Oh no I disagree. Though, I would have perferred the new vipers in that 5-pack. I think that there would be more re-packing as it would be easier to do it.

Keep in mind, people are doing this because they're thieves, not because they can't get 5 in one shot.

hmm.. well, that is one of the nicer switches I have seen.. I mean from a quality replacement point of view.. at least they aint corps..

I am surprised he didn't take the new Flint and Shippy

So do these people buy the packs, swap the figures, then return it? I'd hope that store security isn't so bad that people could just do this in the store. Well, I guess if they do buy and return that isn't saying much for the geniuses at the return desk. I thankfully haven't seen any repacks in my Joe hunting...though my local Wally World has had that same DVD pack sans Lady Jaye for close to 4 months now.