GI JOE battle packs best of 80's limited supply

drdoom504

Yah, I've been trying to find one for a good price for quite awhile now. I'm just hoping BBTS gets them in stock again, or I get lucky and find one on a rare trip to Walmart or Target, otherwise it looks like I'm SOL on completing my Mass Device without paying scalper prices. :(

The first time I saw the one with Dusty...Dusty was replaced with a Corps figure. The One I have seen most was the one with Quick Kick (like 5 or 6), 2 of the one with Alpine and 2 of the one with Dusty.

Those were all at Walmart (well, one othe Alpine ones was at TRU) and that was a month ago. Havne't seen them since.

I guess I was lucky. I got mine at my local Wally back in December. I haven't seen one since there, but that's nothing new. They tend to get stuff and then once it sells wait a month or two before restocking. I have a few from time to time in Jackson at the TRU and the Wally in Meridian. I haven't paid any attention the last few times I've been, though.

I only started seeing packs other than 1 & 2 just recently. And given the history of my time in toy collecting, I have learned to simply be PATIENT! What's holding up the process is they (apparently) made too much of the first wave to sell at MSRP. Meaning alot of places are relegated to putting them on clearance to make room for the other sets. (Of course, it doesn't help that sets 1 & 2 are also included in the next wave(s))

After seeing what the TrUs did with the SRO wave 2 series and the 5-packs (serious overkill!) I have no doubt whatsoever these will be made plentiful in the near future.

I saw this pack once back in December and once last week at TRU. I decided to not collect any of the DVD packs because I already had most of the figures, didn't want repaints/retools, and can wait for them to single carded release of the ones I do want (Quick Kick, Dusty, etc).

I will have to go through Ebay however for the MASS device, the Weather Dominator, and all the other freebies like the TV camera and control elements on the cart.