Do you want a Terrordrome?

CLAM

would you buy a Terrodrome for $100?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. would you buy a Terrordrome for $100?

• yes
    • no

I voted no, I want one, but wouldn't be able to afford one. I have an old one I got in a pretty good trade, it's not complete and it's gonna be customized, so that's good enough for me, besides.. I doubt we'd get a vintage one in a new box.. we'd get the new pit, lol.. repainted in red, Gray and blue with cardboard cobra crates, lol

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't. I probably couldn't afford but almost importantly, i don't have room for one, I already have one, it's broken and really messed up... but it's there and it's good enough for me.

A flagg would be more intersting to me, i doubt i could afford it either, but i want one more.

If I'm not mistaken, I think I purchased the original back in it's day for like $60 from the local Meijer store? I thought that was high then, but it is quite a playset. If I had the extra expendable cash for another one, I'd do it, but since I DON'T, I'd personally have to pass, like I will the PIT vehicle coming out.

I voted no.

I think that $100.00 is well worth it, and I'd be able to find a way to afford it. However, I don't see myself actually being able to display it in a way I would like.

It's too big and too small at the same time.

It's too small because of the corridors and bays and what have you, not being in a large enough scale to house many vehicles all at once such as in this photo for a dio set I built: speedy2-001.jpg

As is. It's not the Terror Drome I have seen in the cartoon, comics, or my own imagination. It's way too small.

It's too big because of the space it requires too much room to display it. I've had a lot of trouble trying to figure out where I'd keep it, and have no viable solution yet.

If anyone's wondering that dio is easily dismantled and layed flat for storage.

I think it's cool, but I can't justify buying it due the issues above. I also don't think it would sell, not very well anyway. If half of the Joe collectors out there bought one each it wouldn't sell anywhere near enough to justify manufacturing a minimum run.

What I'd really like is a new and improved Terrordrome. The old toy is cool but my standards have been raised by 25th ann. and the new MU/Wolverine figures. I want more detailing and features. I want better engineering. I want better paint apps and decals.

I considered it.. but I really only wanted to know if people were willing to pay 100 bucks for it. If they aren't, then they aren't.

You can't say, "Hasbro should make the Terrordrome because some people are willing to buy it on clearance."... that wouldn't fly with Hasbro.

So, if you aren't willing to pay 100, then say NO

Then you might want to make note of how many answers like this that you get:

yes but not for 100

NOTE: that is a NO

I already have one, but I might be tempted to get another, but I really think that the price point would be closer to $150. The thing is huge, the only thing that comoes close is the Defiant complex (which I also have and they're side by side). With as much plastic as it has and all the movable pieces (doors, chairs, gun stations and the elevator) I would but it in the class of the SW BMF. And I think at $150 it starts to become less of a reality for retailers and coustomers.

As for the MCC from a couple years ago I think it retailed for $70 or so. I know I got it for half that.

I know it has a lot of plastic.. but oil is cheap right now. I mean, all of our toys should be dropping back to their old prices... because the companies used the price of oil as their excuse.... but we know that won't happen.

Anyhow, yeah, the MCC was either 70 or 75.. I bought one at the full price, and another when they dropped

What I'd really like is a new and improved Terrordrome. The old toy is cool but my standards have been raised by 25th ann. and the new MU/Wolverine figures. I want more detailing and features. I want better engineering. I want better paint apps and decals.

ok.. but do you really think Hasbro is capable of creating any new vehicle or playset that surpassed RAH vehicles or playset?

I haven't seen ONE new vehicle since the new sculpt era began in 2002 or whatever, that was good enough for me to buy.

so, name me ONE new-sculpt vehicle that is better than a RAH counterpart

I remember I got my original one as a kid for $50.00, I wanted the Flagg but my mom said it was to big and let me get the terrordrome instead. I loved that base, I would pay $100 for it now, I would expect that to be the mark up. I have to agree with whom ever said it in the begining, someone at Hasbro will think it's a good idea to put wheels on it.

Don't expect Hasbro to include the Firebat, they would probably replace it with a claw and another CC with a new color.

Great question! Answer:yes!!!!!!!

Night Attack Copter is better than the Tomahawk.

You didn't just say that, did you? :huh:

I already have the original, but even if I didn't I don't think I could shell out $100 for a re issue. How much did the Mobile Command Center re issue go for in 2003? That was close to the same size as the Terrordrome and I don't remember it being $100.

I think it's a bit skewed to be comparing prices from 6 years ago as a benchmark.

Well just adjust for inflation.

Thing is, the MMC is NO where near the size of the Terror Drome.

ok.. but do you really think Hasbro is capable of creating any new vehicle or playset that surpassed RAH vehicles or playset?

I haven't seen ONE new vehicle since the new sculpt era began in 2002 or whatever, that was good enough for me to buy.

"better than" is PURELY subjective.

I can list a few that are very good.

Ice Saber and Jungle Strike/Night Ops Humvee, primarily.

The Thunderwing, Night Attack Copter, R.H.I.N.O. and Patriot Grizzly were very nice even considering the gimmicks incorprated into them.

awe man...

sometimes.. people just say something that makes me think I can't take anything else they have said seriously..

and this is one of those times.

the NAC SUCKS

The Thunderwing, Night Attack Copter, R.H.I.N.O. and Patriot Grizzly were very nice even considering the gimmicks incorprated into them.

The Ice Sabre was almost good, the pop up gun station ruined it.

The Humvees are ok, just a little boring.

all those other vehicles are jokes. Sure, they are large.. but they are large pieces of crap

all those other vehicles are jokes. Sure, they are large.. but they are large pieces of crap

You see what I mean about it being subjective?

A lot of the stuff isn't anyweirder than the Stun, H.A.V.O.C., Mobile Command Center, Maggot, Mean Dog, Sea Ray, Bugg, Buzz Boar, Armadillo, A.S.P., S.H.A.R.C., H.A.L., F.L.A.K., S.N.A.K.E., Sky Hawk, Condor, Razorback, Dominator, D.E.M.O.N. L.C.V., Mamba and General.

I mean, yo umean to tell me that the Brawler is better than the two Humvees I mentioned?

And why are the last 4 "pieces of crap"? Again, as I said, its purely subjective and sure those 7 were ALL I could think of out of all the new sculpt years (though I did like the Coyote. Kinda like a "mini-A.W.E. Striker). I mean the Thunderwing has a lot of detailing and you can't tell me that older jets (Skystriker, Night Raven, etc.) didn't have gimmicks too. Hell the Liquidator and Storm Eagle were glorified SQUIRT GUNS. Even the Dragonfly had the "rotating rotor" gimmick (not to mention couldn't hold any figures past 84). What about the M.O.B.A.T. and Mauler (comparing to the Grizzly)?

You see what I mean about it being subjective?

A lot of the stuff isn't anyweirder than the Stun, H.A.V.O.C., Mobile Command Center, Maggot, Mean Dog, Sea Ray, Bugg, Buzz Boar, Armadillo, A.S.P., S.H.A.R.C., H.A.L., F.L.A.K., S.N.A.K.E., Sky Hawk, Condor, Razorback, Dominator, D.E.M.O.N. L.C.V., Mamba and General.

I mean, yo umean to tell me that the Brawler is better than the two Humvees I mentioned?

And why are the last 4 "pieces of crap"? Again, as I said, its purely subjective and sure those 7 were ALL I could think of out of all the new sculpt years (though I did like the Coyote. Kinda like a "mini-A.W.E. Striker). I mean the Thunderwing has a lot of detailing and you can't tell me that older jets (Skystriker, Night Raven, etc.) didn't have gimmicks too. Hell the Liquidator and Storm Eagle were glorified SQUIRT GUNS. Even the Dragonfly had the "rotating rotor" gimmick (not to mention couldn't hold any figures past 84). What about the M.O.B.A.T. and Mauler (comparing to the Grizzly)?

I am not talking about the CONCEPTUAL designs of new sculpt stuff. YES, those RAH vehicles you mentioned are just as wacky, if not much more, but the toys turned out to be great products.

For the new sculpt crap, I am sure that if you just looked at the blueprints for those vehicles, they are great... But I hated the entire method of execution of new sculpt vehicles.. big clumps of plastic... not intricate parts put together to make something awesome. They simply don't look like Hasbro GiJoe vehicles.

When I think of new sculpt vehicles, I think of cheesy, clunky, preschool toys. New sculpt vehicles look like they came from the CORPS line... or even worse, cheap chinese knockoffs of Joe toys. There is no detail, no quality in their design.

as for the RAH tanks you mentioned:

I hated the mobat, it is just about the worst RAH vehicle ever (and the only tank that the Grizzly beats). The mauler is great, the Equalizer is better.

The Brawler would have been fantastic if it didn't have the neon orange on it.

If you think the RHINO is a piece of crap, you have no soul. (Yes, that's a joke)

The RHINO is one of the best G.I. Joe vehicles to ever see release in ANY era.

Besides, the guy didn't say a "completely different" Terrordrome. He said a "new and improved" Terrordrome. In other words, with the same kinds of improvements the "Ghost Hawk" has over the "Sky Hawk." Or even the "Sting Raider" over the "Water Moccasin."

You didn't just say that, did you? :huh:

Yes, I DID.

I believe it all the way down the line too.

Try holding the Tomahawk to play with it...........then try holding the NAC--big difference. With the twin rotors, the Tomahawk is pretty much a glorified hangar queen or a LZ cozy--because you cannot carry it around without the blades getting in your face.

The NAC can function like a real copter with the trigger pull activating the rotors, it can deploy its missile pods, and hold the same ( I think) number of figures--and it looks deadlier than the Tomahawk. And the sound attack function for the NAC is actually one of the best ones done in that line.

But better is subjective, like all "taste". I have no interest in owning a Tomahawk, but I'll gladly take in more NACs

I place it in the top ten. Its great........not perfect, but very, very good. If the 25th Line gives us some Battleforce2000 redux figures, they are riding in the RHINO.

I place it in the top ten. Its great........not perfect, but very, very good. If the 25th Line gives us some Battleforce2000 redux figures, they are riding in the RHINO.

I think it's going to be the perfect transport for the movie figs, myself. Almost surprised they're not re-releasing it since it looks like it'd go perfectly with the movie stuff.

Yes and would pay more for a fresh, new and clean Terror Drome. I had one but it was incomplete and it was a hand me down from my cousin. I'd like to have one of my own. I am willing to pay 200.00 because that is what Hasbro estimated the cost would be in a discussion on it a year ago.

I would even put the RHINO in the top 5. I was extremely impressed with it, when it came out. :)

I would even put the RHINO in the top 5. I was extremely impressed with it, when it came out. :)

I know I own four of them....