Any one else seen Wonder woman

nonameshmo30

I watched it the other day its pretty good but i don't see this really for kids. There is a overtone of girl on girl and some blood and killing. While i as an adult liked it and the story was interesting and funny in spots. I just cant see small kids watching it

So if any one else has seen it i'd like to hear your thought's/ comments/ feedback

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**talks like Kyle's mom from South Park** WHAT WHAT WHAT!!!!! What's this about a WW toon???!!! I'm aware of the new DVD movie due out 3/03/09 but I know nothing of any new toon that's a series!

& what's this you say about H.L.A (thats hot lesbian action for all you non gay folk). & you says there's tons of blood & violance & brutality........SWEET MOTHER OF R RATED FILMS! Now that's what I'm talking about baby!

Why am I just now hearing about this? Who's been sitting on the info? SOME ONE GET ME WB ON THE PHONE NOW! there's gonna be hell to pay if I miss another eps. speaking of which when the hell does it air?

you know, its hot & all to see the adult theam of girl on girl action, but on the other hand it does kinda piss me off to see this incrediable woman of great power be thrown in to a streotype roll of lesbian just because she comes from a world with no men.

are men realy that threaten by the concept of a female only society that they feel the need to throw out the dike card? wheather or not men want to admit it, women are more than capable of functioning with out their "big manhood" to make them feel like natural women.

I'm well aware of all the refferance that the comics & toons make about WW & her sister all being full or part time muff divers, but the fact is I like thinking of my WW as a woman that's capable of doing all she does & doesn't have to turn to any one other than her gods to sustain her in her time of need. & that's what I think drives men so nuts, the fact that women seem to get along better in a celibate world than they ever could. I think men don't like entertaining the idea that their sex drive is a lot more out of their control than they'd care to admit.

in other words if I were a gambeling man I put my money on an island of only men being the Mecca of the "midnight booty bangers", long before an island of only women being muff city.

we all have the same needs, just some handle it better than others.

Not interested and thoroughly disappointed if the movie features gay over or undertones. I had enough of it with the stupid X-Men movies and Superman Returns which was even prompted as extremely gay by gay magazines. If this is so then the powers that be are taking extreme liberties with established characters. I will of course wait until the finished product arives but if what was mentioned was true then I will be sending unfavorable letters to DC and the production company. Enough is enough, bloody violence yes, that is what she is about, gay is not.

Not interested and thoroughly disappointed if the movie features gay over or undertones. I had enough of it with the stupid X-Men movies and Superman Returns which was even prompted as extremely gay by gay magazines. If this is so then the powers that be are taking extreme liberties with established characters. I will of course wait until the finished product arives but if what was mentioned was true then I will be sending unfavorable letters to DC and the production company. Enough is enough, bloody violence yes, that is what she is about, gay is not.

hold on, wait a miniuet! you think WW is all about violance & brutality?!?! Boy are u clueless & in the dark in regaurd to the Amozon princess mythos (& I mean that in a non sarcastic way).

Its true i'd rather have her straight (not to slight all my gay sisters out there hold'n it down), but to "green light" senceless violance & gasp & swoom at the prospect of a woman finding love in the arms of another woman is hardly something i'd call scandas.

As stated above WW has long been speculated to be gay, may I ask why are you just now taking issue with her sexuality (which ever way it may swing)?

I watched it the other day its pretty good but i don't see this really for kids. There is a overtone of girl on girl and some blood and killing. While i as an adult liked it and the story was interesting and funny in spots. I just cant see small kids watching it

So if any one else has seen it i'd like to hear your thought's/ comments/ feedback

I've not seen this movie but, I'm glad it wasn't made with kids in mind. We've had over 40 years of that, remember the Superfriend's team up with Scooby Doo? Yeah, I hate it too. Any comic movie should reflect the comic it's based on and since today's comics certainly aren't made for children this movie shouldn't be either. Too many things are directed at kids anyway.

I've not seen this movie but, I'm glad it wasn't made with kids in mind. We've had over 40 years of that, remember the Superfriend's team up with Scooby Doo? Yeah, I hate it too. Any comic movie should reflect the comic it's based on and since today's comics certainly aren't made for children this movie shouldn't be either. Too many things are directed at kids anyway.

Kids are the bigger market though--rather parents buying DVDs for kids are the bigger market. They don't make dozens of different Thomas the Tank Engine, or Dora the Explorer videos if they are slow sellers.

Anyone making cartoons for DVD release knows that you stand a better chance with the material being safer, so it reaches a bigger audience.

I plan to watch it later but the whole gay thing makes sense b/c even when the series first started the island was nothing but women living together until Steve Trevor landed on the island and she wanted to go after him. I mean if you think about it its not that far fetched that there would be some lesbian action going on on the island. But anyway blood and killing should be pretty cool. I think the time is right for some more serious adult oriented comic book animated features. I mean really there is only so many times you can see these heroes with awesome powers heat soup but use machinery or magic crystal or etc to stop or just scare off the bad guys.

I plan to watch it later but the whole gay thing makes sense b/c even when the series first started the island was nothing but women living together until Steve Trevor landed on the island and she wanted to go after him. I mean if you think about it its not that far fetched that there would be some lesbian action going on on the island. But anyway blood and killing should be pretty cool. I think the time is right for some more serious adult oriented comic book animated features. I mean really there is only so many times you can see these heroes with awesome powers heat soup but use machinery or magic crystal or etc to stop or just scare off the bad guys.

where was the gay stuff? theres a part when the girls were in the pond naked, but they werent doing sexual stuff. i will say....this is a bad-ass adult cartoon!

1st let me start by saying no Arrow this is not directed at you.

I'm sick to death of hearing about the Kids market being the end all be all of ANY market involving toys, toons, or comics. I applaud DC & WB for acknowledging that there is indeed major bucks to be had in the adult comic world! I blew $1,200.00 on nothing but toys & comics when I got my tax refund. & I have a $400.00 a month to month habit on the regular.

So don't tell me that the only way of "rakeing it in hand over fist", is to cater exclusivly to the kiddy market. Yes there is an ass load of cash to be had in marketing to children 8 & under. But I like to think about is like this: The lil snot rags are "Tony Stark rich" & we adult collectors are "Bruce Wayne rich". meaning both are major powers to contend with but are in two differant worlds.

& on the flip side of the coin, R rated movies don't exactly warm the shelves either, so don't say the only way to move an animated movie is to have it appeal to kids only.

& lastly i'll point out something I think many of you guys might be missing.......................this entire animated movie is nothing but one big ass test market for the major motion pic "Wonder Woman the movie". You can best be sure WB & DC will be closely monitoring the feedback this movie gets, so they can have a good feel for embarking on the task of doing a superhero movie that has a woman for the lead.

That's the only reason I got all serious about the gay thing. I just don't want my goddess that I love so dear to fall in to some male sex fanticy gimmick. She is the godess of truth, the embassador & peace envoy of Justice, & a worrior SUPREME!!!

& that's how I want to see my Princess brought to life.

Well the pond where there all bathing/swiming is one area and then the 2 girls bathing behind the waterfall giggleling and seeming to have more fun than should be for a relaxing pond bath.. and there were a few moments the way in the dialog it seemed to me that one liked the other more than just amazoneian sisters. They don't just make it to overt but its there.

again this is just my take what i felt from it. But it was a good movie and i was impressed more impressed with this than i was the new frontier movie. and i didn't expect the death part from a cartoon such as WW. mostly all you see now a days in flims like this is getting knocked out for the cops to come n get you know.

My only point really was did any one else think they could see there younger kids watching it. or young girls. but i guess young girls wouldn't look at it as we adults do. I don't even have kids i just couldn't really see it being marketed to kids

I'm sick to death of hearing about the Kids market being the end all be all of ANY market involving toys, toons, or comics. I applaud DC & WB for acknowledging that there is indeed major bucks to be had in the adult comic world! I blew $1,200.00 on nothing but toys & comics when I got my tax refund. & I have a $400.00 a month to month habit on the regular.

So don't tell me that the only way of "rakeing it in hand over fist", is to cater exclusivly to the kiddy market. Yes there is an ass load of cash to be had in marketing to children 8 & under. But I like to think about is like this: The lil snot rags are "Tony Stark rich" & we adult collectors are "Bruce Wayne rich". meaning both are major powers to contend with but are in two differant worlds.

no matter what you say, kids rule. take spidey 3 for instance, they released about 13 versions of spidey, 5 of venom, and so on. point is, kids bought ALL of them....even the stupid goofy ones. same with batman....i didnt buy toxic suit bat, or rollerblade bats, but the kids eat that crap up. collectors buy 1-2 of the figs that they like and wait until something new pops up, where as a kid will buy every fig that's shown on the back of the blister.....kids got us beat....always have, always will.

My only point really was did any one else think they could see there younger kids watching it. or young girls. but i guess young girls wouldn't look at it as we adults do. I don't even have kids i just couldn't really see it being marketed to kids

im on the fence about it. my oldest daughter wants to see it badly. she's 8, so i might let her. pooda(my son) watches anything. he's watched the new friday the 13th about 30 times already.

There's a famous ( infamous) quote regarding collectors:

We are the "fly on the elephant's ass".

Meaning that our commercial clout is a LOT less than we like to think it is. We get bones thrown tro us, for sure.....but you will NEVER see the kind of market domination we as a consumer body demand. Adult collectors are a "uncomfortable" demographic, mostly because they are seen to be even MORE fickle than children......but easier marks. I know that sounds contradictory, but its not.

The assumption is that our demographic is driven by nostalgia (which is partially correct), so products have been made that address that nostalgia.

But........BUT........retailers are reluctant, VERY reluctant in fact to devote a lot of shelf space to a demographic like ours, mostly because our consumer interest are so niche. Take a look in any modern comic/collectible shop at the range of product available, and then go visit a Walmart or TRU. Our demographic shops at both, but clearly the big chain retailers largely ignore us--simply because they aim their market at the casual consumer: re: whole families.

With that in mind, the market aimed at us is limited. retailers want the most bang for their buck, the largest profit margins....so they bias their product offerings towards the largest possible demographic.

They only have so much shelf-space to go around as well, so they pick and choose what they stock...again, for maximum benefit.

When you look at DVDs and such, niche markets are not great money makers. Why go into production of a animated film, when its only going to be sold at some comic shops or specialty stores?

Nope, the producers want to make a deal to sell to Walmart and try and get their flick sold by the largest retailer going.

And for that reason, they aim their material squarely at the consumers that Walmart et al. want.

Which ain't really us.

Why make product for a smaller market, when you can make it for a much, much larger one?

That's just plain and simple smart business.

Am I not speaking the King's english (even if I can barely spell it lol). I am in no way trying to trivialize the buying power of children. I'm more than aware of the billions that they bring to the table. But I do disagree with the fickel factor. a child can flip the script on a toy line with one crapy eps of there toon. Now it is true that collectors can be fickel. like I have a buddy who turned his nose up at DCUC when it firts started comeing out. but the sceconed he learned that its a hot ticket item & goes for big bucks he was then on board & wanted to collect it. Not to scalp mind up just to say he has something rare & valuable.

Also I believe it been a farse for quite a while now about this buying power of kids. I think its a scam that toys companies have fiendishly planted in to the minds of the collector all for the purpose of being able to get the collector to buy the kid crap (like TFA) thinking that this is as good as its gonna get so let's just get this until something else comes along.

Sorry but I still don't buy the hype of kid buying power. I make more money than any kid & more importantly I SPEND MORE THAN ANY PARENT WOULD EVER SPEND ON THEIR KIDS IN NON HOLIDAY/NON BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!!!!!

hold on, wait a miniuet! you think WW is all about violance & brutality?!?! Boy are u clueless & in the dark in regaurd to the Amozon princess mythos (& I mean that in a non sarcastic way).

Its true i'd rather have her straight (not to slight all my gay sisters out there hold'n it down), but to "green light" senceless violance & gasp & swoom at the prospect of a woman finding love in the arms of another woman is hardly something i'd call scandas.

As stated above WW has long been speculated to be gay, may I ask why are you just now taking issue with her sexuality (which ever way it may swing)?

WW isn't gay and has always had a long standing love interest in Steve Trevor and Superman and even recently in the comics Batman (an awesome one shot came out and was great). I don't mind the violence, its an ACTION CARTOON BASED ON A WARRIOR...uhh duh people. We all know WW is more than a simple brute, her job is of compassion also but I do not agree with gaying her up, its typical nowadays and boring.

In a simpler time that concept did not yield gay thoughts, when I think of them it never crosses my mind. Its a forced concept coupled with todays forcing of acceptance. I believe in acceptance but to a small degree, we don't have to beat each other up over our differences but at the same time I don't have to agree with your (not you personally) choices in life.

WW isn't gay and has always had a long standing love interest in Steve Trevor and Superman and even recently in the comics Batman (an awesome one shot came out and was great). I don't mind the violence, its an ACTION CARTOON BASED ON A WARRIOR...uhh duh people. We all know WW is more than a simple brute, her job is of compassion also but I do not agree with gaying her up, its typical nowadays and boring.

ok, I think I can co-sign most of what your saying (not all) but most of it.