My Marvel and Wolverine figure reviews

JoeRhyno

Talked to Jay and he said I could post these as long as I kept them in one post...

Marvel Universe reviews

Series 1:

Black Panther

Bullseye

Daredevil

Human Torch

Human Torch(flame-on)

Iron Man

Punisher

Silver Surfer

Spider-Man

Stealth Iron Man

X-Force Wolverine

Series 2:

Captain America (Ultimates)

Green Goblin

Hulk

Hulk(gray)

Ronin

Series 3:

Black Spider-Man

Hand Ninja

Ms. Marvel

Ms. Marvel (Classic)

Iron Man (Classic)

Punisher

Thing

X-men Origins: Comic and Movie figure reviews

Comic Series:

Logan

Wolverine (Brown/Yellow)

Sabretooth

Deadpool

Maverick

Gambit

Weapon X

Strike Mission Wolverine

Wolverine (Blue/Yellow)

Movie Series:

Wolverine with Jacket

Logan(lumberjack)

Sabertooth (black outfit)

Deadpool

Let me know what you think. As I finish the other figures, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Are Sabretooth's hip-joint pegs set vertically, like towards his waist, or are they horizontal? Do you have to spin the hip ball in order to lift his leg forward or to the side? This is something that has irritated me since ML Quicksilver.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but you can spin his ball joints so he can bend his legs in front, or off to the sides, hope that helps...

that was a set of great reviews! i like the deconstruction pics.

One if my fav parts to do too, lol

GREAT reviews man.. great.

I really love the part where you take them apart and see what other figure heads you can put on them.. That Destro was cool, but maybe the head was too small.

I was just looking at these guys last night wondering if I could put a Joe head on a MU or WO figure...

I think the WO figures look fantastic, the sculpting is so much better than the MU figures.. I don't like movie Sabertooth, but it was a great figure overall.

I found them all tonight, WO and comic figs. I honestly am not that impressed with the comic ones...... rather underwhelmed....... I only bought Iron Man and he feels flimsy to me. The WO figs look much better detail wise, and I got a Logan with jacket and he feels much studier. I am not sure I will be collecting these after all.

Draven

nice to see you in the marvel forum ... bub... P Lots of detail in this review seeing the figures taken apart like that is like ... wow ....:D I wouldn't have thought there was so much to these little guys :D

I found them all tonight, WO and comic figs. I honestly am not that impressed with the comic ones...... rather underwhelmed....... I only bought Iron Man and he feels flimsy to me. The WO figs look much better detail wise, and I got a Logan with jacket and he feels much studier. I am not sure I will be collecting these after all.

Draven

yeah, exactly... it just seems that so far the quality isn't there with the MU figures. The sculpts aren't as good, and neither is the plastic.. the WO and GiJoe figures are better..

they need to get rid of the sculptors who did the first two waves and let the WO or Joe people do them

Are Sabretooth's hip-joint pegs set vertically, like towards his waist, or are they horizontal? Do you have to spin the hip ball in order to lift his leg forward or to the side? This is something that has irritated me since ML Quicksilver.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but you can spin his ball joints so he can bend his legs in front, or off to the sides, hope that helps...

I think that answers my question. It's kinda hard to describe with out pics, but your saying the hip assembly is not a "T-crotch" like older G.I.Joes or older ML figures. In other words you cannot hike his knee forward, then kick it to the side on the fly. You have to spin the hip ball to do so.

The figure looks great, but that hip action irritates me.

Thanks for the help, Joe. :)

Draven

yeah, exactly... it just seems that so far the quality isn't there with the MU figures. The sculpts aren't as good, and neither is the plastic.. the WO and GiJoe figures are better..

they need to get rid of the sculptors who did the first two waves and let the WO or Joe people do them

Exactly!! The IM I have has wiggly legs like old RAH Joes had after many years of use when the rubber band was about to break!! His knee joints are so flimsy that he feels like the dude from Riverdance!! @loll@ I am not sure why the MU figs seem to be so lackluster and the WO figs are not........ were not these planned first??

Draven

Well I will admit to not paying attention to reviews of the MU figs mainly because I was figguring I would just get them anyway......now I am not so sure. I may try another one or quiet cold turkey, I don't know. At least TB's 3&3/4 figs were detailed.

Draven

Actually got a few more when I went to get Joe a movie Deadpool. I like them better now. I got X Force Wolvie, Spidey and Black panther. I LOVE Black Panther, he just has a simple coolness to him. These seem much studier than IM by far. And I was comparing them next to my SHS figs, I take back what I said, most of them are flat out FUGLY compaired to these. Joes review of Spidey reminded me to compare them myself and i will be replacing most SHS with MU figs. DD was one I thought was better SHS and changed my mind big time now. Just wise they were a little more detailed like SHS were, but at least these don't look bad joint wise.

Draven

Actually got a few more when I went to get Joe a movie Deadpool. I like them better now. I got X Force Wolvie, Spidey and Black panther. I LOVE Black Panther, he just has a simple coolness to him. These seem much studier than IM by far. And I was comparing them next to my SHS figs, I take back what I said, most of them are flat out FUGLY compaired to these. Joes review of Spidey reminded me to compare them myself and i will be replacing most SHS with MU figs. DD was one I thought was better SHS and changed my mind big time now. Just wise they were a little more detailed like SHS were, but at least these don't look bad joint wise.

Draven

I opened my Deadpool figure tonight while watching Hulk vs Wolverine...

I love this figure.. he is just all kinds of cool.

I still haven't opened up my MU figures yet.. but I don't think they look better than SHS stuff... I really don't like the MU Spidey, and I think the SHS version kicks it's ass

I can see why some would on Spidey Clam as I was on the fence on that one to begain with, almost did not buy him. Its just the weird joints that are not so well hidden on the smaller SHS that I can't stand. Yes they are more detailed as I stated, but I just hate the joints! As I was telling a buddy of mine that refuses to post here anymore, slacker, @loll@ I think the bigger guys like Thor, Hulk, etc still look great detail and joint wise and I most likely will not be replacing those. I have all my marvel stuff in a shambles, so when I go to reset it up I will be doing a mix of SHS and MU and the lovely WO figs! :)

Draven

Found some Wolverine and the Xmen animated figures today at Walmart....Bout the street clothes Logan and Magneto.....Logan has the same articulation as MU but flops around like an OLD Gi Joe....he is pretty in scale w/ MU...a little thicker looking but works great....Magneto on th eother hand SUCKS....no elbo or knee articulation.....and is SOOOOO much shorter than Logan it is ridiculous.....looks like he is from a completely different line of figures!!!!

I can see why some would on Spidey Clam as I was on the fence on that one to begain with, almost did not buy him. Its just the weird joints that are not so well hidden on the smaller SHS that I can't stand. Yes they are more detailed as I stated, but I just hate the joints! As I was telling a buddy of mine that refuses to post here anymore, slacker, @loll@ I think the bigger guys like Thor, Hulk, etc still look great detail and joint wise and I most likely will not be replacing those. I have all my marvel stuff in a shambles, so when I go to reset it up I will be doing a mix of SHS and MU and the lovely WO figs! :)

Draven

I really don't like the MU Spidey.. he looks fat or something @lol@

The black Spidey looks good though... they will probably release a different Spidey later.. so I will wait for him

I am loving these so far. I picked the whle MU wave 1 at a Kmart on Friday. The only complaint I have so far is the WO yellow costume Wolverine is tiny compared to the MU Wolverine.

I like that.. you have to remember that Wolvie is only 5'3"

I am loving these so far. I picked the whle MU wave 1 at a Kmart on Friday. The only complaint I have so far is the WO yellow costume Wolverine is tiny compared to the MU Wolverine.

Yeah MU Wolverine towers over Spider-Man and Daredevil. It's really pathetic that Hasbro is screwing up scale this bad after only one wave.

As I was telling a buddy of mine that refuses to post here anymore, slacker,

I am SO not a slacker!

Stars

@loll@ HAHA it so worked!! I got you to post here again!!! @smilepunch@ And for the record Starman is no slacker in other areas of his life, just TNI posting @loll@

Draven

Yeah that is the one thing I dislike about the Xforce wolvie... he is to tall........ @hmmm@

Draven

I've always hated that Wolverine was supposedly 5'3" in the comics. I mean, do people realize how short 5'3" is? So, I'm fine with the figures being the same height. He'd have to be very short and very squat to be accurate.