DCUC@Cost??

JayCueBatman

No love, the leap of faith I spoke of has NOTHING to do with chargeing or expecting a tip or any other monitary value. The leap of faith is my hopes that some one will see & recognize that I am a nice person who real loves toys & only cares about getting his next "toy fix" & will choose to snag that extra wave 7 fig that's dangoling on the pegs even after they have gotten what they came for. Its my faith that a forum memeber will pivot on the balls of his or her feet as they start to walk away & turn around & say to them self "hay that wacko freak SUPREMEQUEEN was wineing about wanting one of these, he's a strange lil cus but has a good heart. i'll do him this solid because I saw how he help (fill in the blank) get their toys.

So that what I'm talking about when I say leap of faith...................i don't want the money, TO HELL WITH THAT..................i just want my toys.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Still no luck with getting cases...

However i am in Florida for a few days and have seen remnants of Wave 2 at Target

if anyone needs a Superman Red or Blue let me know by today...i leave to go back to Mississippi tomorrow

Just got back to Mississippi and we had to go get some food, so i went down the toy aisle and saw Wave 7b...So i picked up a Blue Beetle, Aquaman, and the 2 Booster Versions.

I only wanted the classic version so if anyone wants the modern LMK and we can try to trade it out

on a second note...Someone here just offered me an Amazo loose and shipped for $14...so i want to say your point on shipping is vaild AS0988 for MOC, but not loose.

Personally I wouldnt charge a fellow member for time out looking and postoffice...If you are out an about and see these pick them up if you can...dont make special trips if you dont have too...

Yeah I agree with the last line, I'm a collector myself, and everyone's feeling the pinch these days. Although 14 dollars for Amazo loose is a REALLY good deal. Considering each fig is 13 total from Wal-mart, and shipping loose is probably around 4 bucks. It cost me 2 dollars today just to ship a loose Metallo leg USPS first class to someone here on the boards. I think a lost of the cost gets confusing due to shipping. Maybe we should set a standard in this thread, 4-5 dollars shipping for loose and 7-8 for MOC USPS?

My point is arguing over those last couple of dollars is really petty to everyone. For what it's worth if someone sells it to me for 20 dollars loose, I wouldn't mind, because to me, those couple of dollars is just for that person's time and convenience. I guess my mistake is making that the standard for everyone, although at the same, I believe the person doing the favor has a right to charge a small convenience fee if they want (like a tip if you will), which is the leap of faith thing SupremeQueen is talking about.

And no, I'm not a scalper, I've been collecting since DCSH days, and intend to continue. Also, I'm a college student, so "scalping" isn't exactly my trade.

The whole cost + shipping idea is good in theory, however it does not play out in reality. Sure there are those who are willing to go the extra mile and help out a fellow collector, just for the joy of doing good and helping. Yet I believe there are too few of those types among us one these message boards and even fewer in the collecting community. When a buyer is willing to pay a little extra (refering to the monetary tip you spoke of) it prompts more peoeple to be kind hearted and willing to try to help. It offsets the helpers cost and inconveinence they incure when they condider being helpful. I for one would love helping people out, but is depends wholely on how incovienent its going to be for me. If its just a matter of picking up a figure I know someone wants and collecting the money (at cost) when I see the person, then no problem. However if your talking about going through the trouble of buying the item, packaging the item for shipping, going to the P.O. and waiting for payment. Then it begins to be a little out of the way. What I just described is the ideal situation. What about lost shippments, lost payments, no payment, and damaged shippments? It can become very exhustive. This I believe is why more people dont go the extra mile for cost + shipping. With all the other things in life we have to deal with on a daily basis, it is no wonder why the idea of cost + shipping is only a nice thought, but is in some ways another form of being selfish if we expect or try to establish it as a standard practice. True cost + shipping takes into consideration not only the cost of the item, but of the helper's time, travel expenses, and the packaging materials, processing, and effort of the person.

Maybe not in your reality...however we in this thread have agreed to charge COST +Shipping for items we find in relation to DCUC. All the senarios you mentioned happen every day no matter where you sell buy or trade. I cannot tell you how many times i have purchased a MOC item and the item should have been described as on card with out the mint...stuff like that happens, if you dont trust someone or if they are iffy to you dont make the transaction...when i buy from someone here i will give the extra $1.20 for Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to make sure i dont lose out.

If you are worried about inconviences like shipping or going to the post office then dont offer to help. You do know that you can schedule a pick up from the post office they will come to your door and take the item, or if your PO has the APC Unit you dont have to wait in line.

Funny thing is i thought we were over this discussion and out looking for items for people...

• 2 weeks later...
Good God...does anybody have the Wave 2 Ronnie Firestorm MOC for a decent price? Mint/near-mint card? eBay wants around $30 for him, it's insane!

I don't need the Wave 7 re-issue...I need the Wave 2 one, with the Grodd leg. Any help is greatly appreciated!

You could always buy the Wave 7 reissue Ronnie and then pick up the Wave 2 Jason for the Grodd leg. It would be cheaper than $30! Even better, I'm sure there are people that bought both Ronnie & Jason from Wave 2 so there's gotta be some extra legs out there....

• 2 weeks later...
on a second note...Someone here just offered me an Amazo loose and shipped for $14...so i want to say your point on shipping is vaild AS0988 for MOC, but not loose.

Personally I wouldnt charge a fellow member for time out looking and postoffice...If you are out an about and see these pick them up if you can...dont make special trips if you dont have too...

Yeah I agree with the last line, I'm a collector myself, and everyone's feeling the pinch these days. Although 14 dollars for Amazo loose is a REALLY good deal. Considering each fig is 13 total from Wal-mart, and shipping loose is probably around 4 bucks. It cost me 2 dollars today just to ship a loose Metallo leg USPS first class to someone here on the boards. I think a lost of the cost gets confusing due to shipping. Maybe we should set a standard in this thread, 4-5 dollars shipping for loose and 7-8 for MOC USPS?

My point is arguing over those last couple of dollars is really petty to everyone. For what it's worth if someone sells it to me for 20 dollars loose, I wouldn't mind, because to me, those couple of dollars is just for that person's time and convenience. I guess my mistake is making that the standard for everyone, although at the same, I believe the person doing the favor has a right to charge a small convenience fee if they want (like a tip if you will), which is the leap of faith thing SupremeQueen is talking about.

And no, I'm not a scalper, I've been collecting since DCSH days, and intend to continue. Also, I'm a college student, so "scalping" isn't exactly my trade.

The whole cost + shipping idea is good in theory, however it does not play out in reality. Sure there are those who are willing to go the extra mile and help out a fellow collector, just for the joy of doing good and helping. Yet I believe there are too few of those types among us one these message boards and even fewer in the collecting community. When a buyer is willing to pay a little extra (refering to the monetary tip you spoke of) it prompts more peoeple to be kind hearted and willing to try to help. It offsets the helpers cost and inconveinence they incure when they condider being helpful. I for one would love helping people out, but is depends wholely on how incovienent its going to be for me. If its just a matter of picking up a figure I know someone wants and collecting the money (at cost) when I see the person, then no problem. However if your talking about going through the trouble of buying the item, packaging the item for shipping, going to the P.O. and waiting for payment. Then it begins to be a little out of the way. What I just described is the ideal situation. What about lost shippments, lost payments, no payment, and damaged shippments? It can become very exhustive. This I believe is why more people dont go the extra mile for cost + shipping. With all the other things in life we have to deal with on a daily basis, it is no wonder why the idea of cost + shipping is only a nice thought, but is in some ways another form of being selfish if we expect or try to establish it as a standard practice. True cost + shipping takes into consideration not only the cost of the item, but of the helper's time, travel expenses, and the packaging materials, processing, and effort of the person.

Hmm, this is realy interesting. I had no idea that this thread would come off as being to "threatening" to the scalper community. "too few people" you say huh. funny, I'm not realy what you"d call a "Bible beater" but a couple of scriptures do come to mind. "Where two or three are gathered together in my name, so shall you find the presents of the Lord".

Yes, this is toy collecting were talkin about here and not church, BUT! what the two have in common is........FAITH! Faith that your good works will make there way back too you. You state that is all very inconveinanceing to do all this for some one else. Well if you notice its been said a few times that no one is expecting any one to make toy hunting for either them selves or others a full time job (I men after all thats what the scaplers do........right), what were talkin about is if your out and about and find some thing thats on some one elses want list, them pick it up if your able to.

And after you've gained some crediabilty as a lagit collector and not a scalper then others will do the same for you..........my self included. Only a scalper would have a problem with this concept. After all it strikes at the heart of their very sorted ugly business @hmmm@

• 2 weeks later...

I went an ordered Series 8 from Cornerstorecomics.com and it cost me with shipping $97 for a set of 8 figures from wave 8 which is as close to at cost we are going to get. So if you want to jump on that go ahead and do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Come June 15th I will be ordering directley from Mattel,hasbro,Neca and others as merchant,cases of 10 are less than80.00 i might be able to do something for thw members here as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

I hope BBTS pulls through. If they do, I got DCSH Two Face, Shadow Knight Batman, Camo Bane, and Batgirl (Cassy) for $54.99! As close to "at cost" as they're gonna get...lol

I already ordered it, just hoping they arrive close to mint/near mint.

Anyone here looking for a dcuc cyborg I only opened it for the baf part have not even touched the figure yet... I'm looking to trade for another figure

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...