DCUC@Cost??

JayCueBatman

After much debate I have decided to attempt to do what Oroku Saki did with ML and look into finding a way to get us all the figures at near cost plus shipping.

Now this is not in stone nor have i gotten any word back from vendors, i was just feeling out the water and seeing who would be interested??

The way i remember it we need at least 8-10 cases to make a decent order for someone to take this seriously.

I am re reading all the ML@Cost links to see what Oroku had done to set this up...i cant seem to get a hold of him so if anyone still chats with him please PM me his E-Mail so i can ask him how exactly he did it.

Again this is my attempt to help you all out as well as myself to get this hard to attain figures and save us all alittle on gas!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool thread Hardrock! Ok so I take it this is for all DCUC & not just wave 5 right? So with that in mind I thought i'd throw my bit in too the post to get thing off.

At my Target we still have plenty of wave 4 (sorry no Batman Beyond) , but we do have silver Capt Atoms, WW, Ares, Gold Atoms ect ect. Also a buddy of mine is supose to bring a bunch of the Batgirl/Azreal Two pack by my apt so I can pour over them & pick out the best one for myself (im sure we all are aware of the QC issues with that two pack), but if any one want one, i'll do my best to convince him to let a couple more go for cost (sorry to say but he is a scalper). he's only doing me this solid because he digs the Queen's collection & like seeing me happy LOL.

Now tell me I'm not a good member............here I am willing to trade my affections just to get you fools toys LMAO!

Oh who am I kidding, he's hot & i'd "do him" any way hahaha.

This would probly be for Waves 8 and beyond, depending on which vendor is willing to get back to me. I know that wave 9 the cases go to 10 figure cases and much like the old school MLs the price per case will start to go over $100. At the moment waves 7 and 8 are about $85-$90 before taxes and shipping, so again trying to find a vendor that would play ball and finding the people who want these items enough to pre-order cases and have me ship them to you like Oroku did for us back in the ML hayday!

However if people would rather go that route and post up what they have to offer at cost plus shipping like you do my friend then that can work as well...im going to sticky this on the top

Hay Hardrock, wasn't there a artical on the main news board a couple months ago saying something about Mattel wanting to partner with retailers to ship out whole cases of entire DCUC waves? Maby JayC has the link laying around some where.

If so you think Mattel would be willing to set up a partnership with this site & hook up member in good standing with waves?

I might be interested, as long as it works out to being cheaper than online retailers (I order almost every wave from CSC right now).

Another thing to think about is the cases, you'd either end up with the retail cases with the extra All-Star figures, or you'd have to get the single character cases and make the sets yourself (which i remember OS had to do once, and he didnt have a lot of fun with that experience.

I'll be keeping an eye on this for sure though.

Should we list what we find? Or should we buy what we find and list it?

Might not seem like a lot of difference, and in the 'safer days', I'd be all about the first option. But how do YOU want to handle it? Just so we have some uniformity to it, is all.

For the time being if you have something list it...i wouldnt go out and just buy it unless someone has stated they need it and you want to make a transaction with said person! again this is your money that you are putting up front.

I am trying to find a distributor that wants to work with us to make this happen. My LCS doesnt get them at the same cost as Wal-Mart he is not on Diamonds discount list for toys. But im working on finding a way to make this happen. Like i said its a work in progress.

id be interested

Cool thread Hardrock! Ok so I take it this is for all DCUC & not just wave 5 right? So with that in mind I thought i'd throw my bit in too the post to get thing off.

At my Target we still have plenty of wave 4 (sorry no Batman Beyond) , but we do have silver Capt Atoms, WW, Ares, Gold Atoms ect ect. Also a buddy of mine is supose to bring a bunch of the Batgirl/Azreal Two pack by my apt so I can pour over them & pick out the best one for myself (im sure we all are aware of the QC issues with that two pack), but if any one want one, i'll do my best to convince him to let a couple more go for cost (sorry to say but he is a scalper). he's only doing me this solid because he digs the Queen's collection & like seeing me happy LOL.

Now tell me I'm not a good member............here I am willing to trade my affections just to get you fools toys LMAO!

Oh who am I kidding, he's hot & i'd "do him" any way hahaha.

I am curious, is it easy to find the mongul and cyborg superman set over there since that I am very interested in gettin that set.

i know here in my part of NC at one toys r us i never seen a one and at the other only seen the green lantern 2 pack i had a board member get me the cyborg superman and mongul 2 pack and hate i missed the orion lightray 2 pack

Well thats a lie i just remembered i did see a set of all the 2 packs at my local comic for 40 each so i passed on that

ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION!!!!!!!!! I have just been contacted by my LCS, they have approx 5 cases of wave 6. I only have about $60 on me so i'll do my best. they might want $15 each I'm crossing the parking lot now, I'm on my PDA. I think pooda is still on line so pm him (hope u don't mind pooda) but my PDA proccesor is much to slow to handel the influk of pms. I have him phone # & will call him to see which member (IN GOOD STANDING WITH GOOD TRADE REFFERANCES) & what they want.

like I said I'm near book so pay pal is a must!! sorry but I can't be that long with out cash (shyt my fingers are freezing typing this) yall pm pooda I'm calling him now

I need a Wave 4 Artemis & Wave 5 Atom if anyone out there can help. If anyone has specific needs, I go hunting on Tuesdays & Thursdays in the morning & any other chance I get. Seeing mostly Wave 4 regulars & some Wave 6 ones too. Can get Black Mantas & Red/Blue Supes from Wave 3 tomorrow if anyone still needs them. Let me know before 8:30 Tuesday morning & we'll work out the particulars once I get back to my laptop at home...

Ok gang, just thought i'd pop in a give an update. My LCS still has a few wave 6 left & they cost $15 each (yeah I know the owner can be a prick sometimes), & while plundering through a few boxes at target I ran across TWO regular Batman Beyonds.

MOC shipped is $20 per fig (that includes insurance & tracking & NJ 7% sales tax). so hit me off with a PM if any one is interested.

As for my wants & needs.................well just remember me when you find a rare DCD fig or any of wave 7.

how much do these costs comic shops ?.. Odds are I could get incases at cost or close too it at my lcs I honestly Didn't think it would be that hard to do for the rest of you guys if you by the entire case :S My shop has the dcuc wave with the atom & wonder woman & its the atom variant for about $80 cdn and that is for the set

there's a box of wave 7a at my local walmart if anyone is interested. total cost per fig would be around 20 dollars loose (cost at walmart is 12 bucks + tax, and shipping fees, etc.)

$20 LOOSE!!!!!!!! LIKE HELL!! That should be no more that $15 to ship a loose fig wrapped in plastic & placed in a bubble envelope! Dude I mean this with respect, but the title of this thread is "DCUC@COST". that means persons willing to partisapate in trade or sales in this thread are willing to help out another forum member with out GAIN.

as a matter of fact the more figs a person buys the cheaper by pice the fig should be. Example: my two BB figs would be about $35 shipped MOC if some one bought them both, not $40.

A person partisapateing should not be looking to make profit of any kind in here, that's the whole point of this thread. if you stuff is gonna be that high then maby u should try on the regular trade boards.......................your post count is realy low too.

there's a box of wave 7a at my local walmart if anyone is interested. total cost per fig would be around 20 dollars loose (cost at walmart is 12 bucks + tax, and shipping fees, etc.)

$20 LOOSE!!!!!!!! LIKE HELL!! That should be no more that $15 to ship a loose fig wrapped in plastic & placed in a bubble envelope! Dude I mean this with respect, but the title of this thread is "DCUC@COST". that means persons willing to partisapate in trade or sales in this thread are willing to help out another forum member with out GAIN.

as a matter of fact the more figs a person buys the cheaper by pice the fig should be. Example: my two BB figs would be about $35 shipped MOC if some one bought them both, not $40.

A person partisapateing should not be looking to make profit of any kind in here, that's the whole point of this thread. if you stuff is gonna be that high then maby u should try on the regular trade boards.......................your post count is realy low too.

Uh, thanks for the personal attack but I've made plenty of trades with people on these boards like DarthVehmic, LarryKoopa, to list a few. I'm not looking to profit, but the fact of the matter is, if I'm going to be doing someone a favor by driving out, buying the figure, packing, then driving out again to ship, it's not exactly a cheap endeavor.

Figures at my local Wal-mart cost 12 bucks (11.88 to be exact), with tax being an extra dollar, the total cost for a fig w/o shipping would be about 13 plus change. MOC shipping, at its cheapest through USPS, would be 7 dollars, that would be 20 by itself (and trust me, I've done MOC shipping before). Loose shipping would be 2/3 dollars less depending on what method, and how heavily you protect it with packing. So that 2/3 dollar difference is for my convenience, which would be driving out of my way, getting packing materials, my TIME, etc. And if you're really going to be picking at me for those couple of dollars, I suggest you pick your fights better. I'm merely trying to contribute to those who haven't found this wave. Plus degra, who a lot of people, including me, respect a lot, charges the same exact price, which I agree with.

On a side note, post count isn't really indicative of the quality of a trader on these boards, I could post insanities like "lol check out my picture" or joke around with people, which would increase my post count, but not necessarily my character. Try the Trader post forum instead for the "feedback" on each individual user.

Here is an update on the my findings. I have had one phone call back from Diamond saying that the only way i can buy from them is to have an account and thier prices come out to $16 a figure times that but how many are in a case and thats too much money to spend. Plus I would have to order at least $500 in toys and statues a month to keep a line of credit open with them. So Diamond is out.

I have searched for a way to get in touch with Mattels shipping dept to see what it would take to order a dozen cases from them but there has not been a call back yet.

My LCS said he would help me out but he gets his stuff from Diamond and like i posted before thier price per fig is $16.

So back to square one...

on a second note...Someone here just offered me an Amazo loose and shipped for $14...so i want to say your point on shipping is vaild AS0988 for MOC, but not loose.

Personally I wouldnt charge a fellow member for time out looking and postoffice...If you are out an about and see these pick them up if you can...dont make special trips if you dont have too...

Look, I said what I said in the nicest possiable way I know how. & for what its worth, your price IS indeed very low............................for a scalper. But I still say you've totaly missed the point of THIS THREAD. we already have threads where people are selling stuff, some at reasonable prices like yours, & some for F**kin crazy prices like.............well we won't mention names.

Point is the people in this thread do what we do out of friendship, helping out fellow members who are having an especialy hard time getting certain figs or whole waves. When I set my price I don't factor in things like bus fare (& believe me it can get pricey ride 4 zones on a NJ Transit bus) but I still don't pass thoes cost along to my fellow forum member. WHY? simple, its called a leap of faith.

I have faith that some...............one..........out..........there, BENEATH THE PALE MOON LIGHT!

Sorry, I'm kinda like that chick from the SNL movie "Superstar", I get caught up easy lol. Any way where was I, right. So I do what I do cause it creats a net work of help in getting hard to find toys. You see........my payment is in getting the one last or maby my very 1st wave 7 DCUC fig! See you seem to have lost sight of the fact that the people in THIS THREAD are people looking for figs them selves & FOR themselves.

My big pay off is in getting cool toy...................& heck maby even a new friend along the way.

on a second note...Someone here just offered me an Amazo loose and shipped for $14...so i want to say your point on shipping is vaild AS0988 for MOC, but not loose.

Personally I wouldnt charge a fellow member for time out looking and postoffice...If you are out an about and see these pick them up if you can...dont make special trips if you dont have too...

Yeah I agree with the last line, I'm a collector myself, and everyone's feeling the pinch these days. Although 14 dollars for Amazo loose is a REALLY good deal. Considering each fig is 13 total from Wal-mart, and shipping loose is probably around 4 bucks. It cost me 2 dollars today just to ship a loose Metallo leg USPS first class to someone here on the boards. I think a lost of the cost gets confusing due to shipping. Maybe we should set a standard in this thread, 4-5 dollars shipping for loose and 7-8 for MOC USPS?

My point is arguing over those last couple of dollars is really petty to everyone. For what it's worth if someone sells it to me for 20 dollars loose, I wouldn't mind, because to me, those couple of dollars is just for that person's time and convenience. I guess my mistake is making that the standard for everyone, although at the same, I believe the person doing the favor has a right to charge a small convenience fee if they want (like a tip if you will), which is the leap of faith thing SupremeQueen is talking about.

And no, I'm not a scalper, I've been collecting since DCSH days, and intend to continue. Also, I'm a college student, so "scalping" isn't exactly my trade.