New/Old Comparison - Darth Vader's TIE Advanced x1 Starfighter

Dieselboy M

This is a comparison of the 2007 and 1997 releases of Vader's TIE Advanced Starfighter. The only differences here are in the paint apps. As far as I can tell, there hasn't been any changes in the mold, except in the Hasbro and copyright stamp. The updated paint apps are really nice and make a big difference, in my opinion. The weathering makes the most difference, but there's some other little paint details that are a nice touch also. Unfortunately, the missile are still green. Yuck...

g9_2008_11-04_001b.jpg

g9_2008_11-04_003b.jpg

g9_2008_11-04_004b.jpg

g9_2008_11-04_005b.jpg

g9_2008_11-04_006b.jpg

g9_2008_11-04_007b.jpg

g9_2008_11-04_008b.jpg

g9_2008_11-04_009b.jpg

I still have never picked this up

Well, I'm sure they'll be on the shelves here and there a while. But still, if it's something you want to add to your collection, I'd recommend you pick one up before long. I've made the mistake in the past a few times, thinking "it'll be there still, I can always get it later on." And then when I finally decide it's time to get it, they're nowhere to be found anymore. Then it's either pay eBay prices, or just let it go.

I finally picked this up when Target brought it down to $20. I love it. But I'd love it even more if it had a simple sound chip!

Just two simple sounds - the TIE roar, and the blasters. That's all! I feel the same about the other ships, too. For the price asked, even with SW-inflation, this would make it all worthwhile!

Huh, I never thought of that! That would help with the swooshing!

I finally picked this up when Target brought it down to $20. I love it. But I'd love it even more if it had a simple sound chip!

Just two simple sounds - the TIE roar, and the blasters. That's all! I feel the same about the other ships, too. For the price asked, even with SW-inflation, this would make it all worthwhile!

What about dialouge like Vader saying "I have you now"

What about dialouge like Vader saying "I have you now"

Well, sure! But if cost were the deciding factor, and they could only put two sounds, then I'd want the flight and laser.

Other phrases -

The Force is strong in this one.

I'm on the leader.

AAAaaaaaarrrhrhhhhh! (as he whirls off into outerspace)

I still have never picked this up

Well, I'm sure they'll be on the shelves here and there a while. But still, if it's something you want to add to your collection, I'd recommend you pick one up before long. I've made the mistake in the past a few times, thinking "it'll be there still, I can always get it later on." And then when I finally decide it's time to get it, they're nowhere to be found anymore. Then it's either pay eBay prices, or just let it go.

cool comparison pics!

i hate making that "it'll be there still" mistake, hehe!

Yeah, I keep doing that with the A-Wing. One store still has a bunch at a 'clearance' price of 29.96, and I keep passing because I want it cheaper! But I know, one of these days, I'm gonna show up, and they'll be all gone, and I'll kick myself!