Oct 2008 ML 2-packs may never come out

JohnnyRebelV2

Yeah I don't really care when I get them just as long as I GET THEM :D I don't mind waiting till 10... I mean I would like a shield arm & those two key characters on my shelf sooner but hey ... Maybe by then we can get a new CA figure as well :)

I hope someone explains whats going on. These are also a TRU exclusive and I see no reason they would want to wait until 2010.

I guess their placing all their time and creativity in the new MU line, get profit from it and with the sales earnings, afford the bigger and a bit more expensive line in the second semester of this year.

by delaying we will also be so hot to grab them we will all snatch them up the second we see them in fear of never seeing them again... which honestly I was going to do anyways but hey :D :D

Are people really going to care about the 6" line if we have to wait a year for new product? 6" line is unfortunately dead :( No more of my money shall go to hasbro

Is the supposedly devoted, loyal, and big-spending (to hear them speak of it) 6" collector crowd really that fickle?

I choose to look at it this way: 3 3/4" G.I. Joe figures basically took a year and a half/two years off, and came back to what seems like pretty decent success. Marvel Legends could do the same thing.

Meanwhile, I'll happily snap up some Marvel Universe figures. If Hasbro made both, I'd buy (some of) both, but I'm more than likely the exception rather than the rule.

I hope someone explains whats going on.

In all honestly Johnny what would be the point? Regardless of the reason, because it's not what you want, your going continue to act like its some personal vendetta against you and act like some spoiled child who isn't getting their way, or like these companies are just doing these things to f@# with you. Right off the bat if the 2010 date is even true which I haven't heard and don't know if it is true or not, the fact that your assumption is that it's Hasbro who set that date is a bit off. More likely since these are already made, it would be the retailer who set the date and the most likely reason would be that they feel they already have enough product slated for 2009 to fill their shelves. These companies make their decisions on econmic business related factors, not on some whim to make your life harder. Yeah sometimes it sucks and certainly nothing wrong with voicing a complaint. But going around on public forums and saying things like '#@## them' isn't really a good way to go about doing it and certainly isn't going to do anything to get what you want.

Well Cool Toy Review said so and they have a MUCH better inside track then you do JayC. They were the ones that broke the news of upcoming ML figures on a regular basis. Nemesis wave, Fantastic Four wave, Fin Fang Foom waves. They were the ones that first broke the news every time.

"Our Toy Fair reports continues with a new small gallery from the Diamond Distribution booth featuring some of the upcoming Hasbro Marvel Legends 2-packs. These figures may not be released in 2009, since the focus is now on the smaller-scale Universe line. However, Hasbro still plans to continue the Legends line, but it's not clear just how much they'll dedicate to it."

Are they going to delay the Nemesis Wave as well?

I'd say no they won't:

SA400322.jpg

I saw somewhere that the Hasbro reps at Toy Fair (Fare?) say the wave is shipping to retailers now. I know that doesn't help to give you an answer on when you'll see it all I can do is say 'soon'. Hopefully.

Are people really going to care about the 6" line if we have to wait a year for new product? 6" line is unfortunately dead :( No more of my money shall go to hasbro

I will.

Can't speak for anyone else but yeah, if I see those SHIELD agents for the first time a year from now I'll buy them and want more!

I'm liking the Wolverine line and I do plan to get the 3 3/4 line, but I also want the 6 inch line to continue. Plenty of other properties produce figures in different scales so I don't see why Hasbro can't too. I want to army build SHIELD and Kree. Hopefully they're still coming in April.

Is the supposedly devoted, loyal, and big-spending (to hear them speak of it) 6" collector crowd really that fickle?

I choose to look at it this way: 3 3/4" G.I. Joe figures basically took a year and a half/two years off, and came back to what seems like pretty decent success. Marvel Legends could do the same thing.

Meanwhile, I'll happily snap up some Marvel Universe figures. If Hasbro made both, I'd buy (some of) both, but I'm more than likely the exception rather than the rule.

I agree to a point, but G.I. Joe was also starting from scratch, so they had all the characters to choose from. If Marvel Legends returns, almost all of the best characters have been made, which doesn't leave much to draw interest.

And I think now that is both its greatest feature and biggest fault. It's awesome that it lasted so long and so many characters were made, but that also means there's nowhere left to go. It can't go on forever without reissuing everybody, and that doesn't do the collectors any good.

I agree to a point, but G.I. Joe was also starting from scratch, so they had all the characters to choose from. If Marvel Legends returns, almost all of the best characters have been made, which doesn't leave much to draw interest.

And I think now that is both its greatest feature and biggest fault. It's awesome that it lasted so long and so many characters were made, but that also means there's nowhere left to go. It can't go on forever without reissuing everybody, and that doesn't do the collectors any good.

This is true, and I think if/when Marvel Legends comes back, we will definitely see reissues of the "A-List" characters. I think Hasbro's strategy is to try to get kids buying the line that's the same size as all those Star Wars figures they've been snapping up for years, and then turn around and try to parley that success into Marvel Legends scale (which nicely fits in with all those Iron Man and Spider-Man Classics figures they have). Basically making MU a slick way of building up a new audience for Marvel Legends. Plus, note the number of unreleased (in ML) characters already on the slate for MU...if it catches on with kids, some of those secondary and tertiary characters could become better candidates for ML scale treatment because the recognition might "carry over."

But yes, if ML "relaunches" we're definitely going to see several characters we've already seen. Because if ML "relaunches" it's not going to be targeted to collectors, but rather towards kids and those that haven't been buying ML for years. That doesn't mean they won't throw a few "collector wants" in there, but we're not going to get complete releases of anybody's "wish list" anytime soon.

Good point about the unreleased Legends figures. Generate some interest with the MU figures, and suddenly you've got a slew of new characters you can do in 6" form.

And I agree about re-releasing characters. Basically, I think the only way for ML to survive is to go on hiatus for a while, which would allow them to relaunch after a year or so. Then when they do the relaunch, they can do it with better quality, more consistency in sculpts, etc. Something like the "new and improved Marvel Legends that will please both collectors and casual buyers alike."

Taking a page from DCUC would be wise (bright, comic-based figures from outstanding sculptors).

Good point about the unreleased Legends figures. Generate some interest with the MU figures, and suddenly you've got a slew of new characters you can do in 6" form.

And I agree about re-releasing characters. Basically, I think the only way for ML to survive is to go on hiatus for a while, which would allow them to relaunch after a year or so. Then when they do the relaunch, they can do it with better quality, more consistency in sculpts, etc. Something like the "new and improved Marvel Legends that will please both collectors and casual buyers alike."

I was just thinking about this the other day, not knowing there was a message board out there already discussing it! I think it would be very beneficial to Hasbro to do a Marvel Legends Classics series in a couple years. Do away with the BAF, to keep cost down, and do two classic re-releases like Thor or Captain America, do two re-works/re-paints like the Ultimate Iron Man/Ultimate War Machine deal and then do two totally new characters (like Mockingbird or Medusa). But the trick would be to keep them all equal in quantity. That way, kids would buy up the Spider-Man and Wolverine figures, collectors would buy up the new figures and everyone would be happy. Ah, what a perfect world we make in our minds ;)

BTW, this is my first post. I LOVE THIS BOARD!!! I totally agree with you guys who talk about wasting time and gas driving around to different stores just to be disappointed. It's like a sickness! At least we can all be sick together. Wait, that doesn't sound right. Oh well!

See ya pals

I was just thinking about this the other day, not knowing there was a message board out there already discussing it! I think it would be very beneficial to Hasbro to do a Marvel Legends Classics series in a couple years. Do away with the BAF, to keep cost down, and do two classic re-releases like Thor or Captain America, do two re-works/re-paints like the Ultimate Iron Man/Ultimate War Machine deal and then do two totally new characters (like Mockingbird or Medusa). But the trick would be to keep them all equal in quantity. That way, kids would buy up the Spider-Man and Wolverine figures, collectors would buy up the new figures and everyone would be happy. Ah, what a perfect world we make in our minds ;)

BTW, this is my first post. I LOVE THIS BOARD!!! I totally agree with you guys who talk about wasting time and gas driving around to different stores just to be disappointed. It's like a sickness! At least we can all be sick together. Wait, that doesn't sound right. Oh well!

See ya pals

Well, welcome to the boards. It's always good to have another one of "us" hanging around.

This board seems to have slowed down, but now that MU is coming out, hopefully it stays pretty busy with discussion.

See ya pals

Welcome aboard..... the board! Yeah, for me it's just too expensive and time consuming to drive around and get nothing. Etailers have saved me!