What the heck HASBLOW!!!!

DikTator32

What the hell is up! I walk into Wal*Mart about a month ago and they raised the prices on the deluxe animated and universe figures from $7.77 to $9.99. I go back into Wal*Mart today and the price has been risen, yet again from $9.99 to a ridiculous $12.88 a pop. Get off of your high horse HASBLOW. Time to stop with the gestapo crap! I don't see the price of oil and gas going up all that much so that shouldn't be the issue. The deluxe animated and universe figures are fun but they are very cheaply made as far as quality goes. I have had numerous parts break off while transforming my figures. Some of the parts also become very loose or are loose from the moment that I opened them. Stop this nonsense Hasbro. With Star Wars, Transformers, G.I.-Joe and various others to mention under your belt there is absolutely no reason for this, you make plenty of money. If you want to raise prices then start generating a better made product. If this keeps up the I'm out.

In view of the cheap plastic being used lately on newer figures, these recent price increases are certainly indefensible. Personally I view them as a blessing in disguise, for as much as I enjoy this hobby there are fewer temptations out there between the poor quality, lack of interesting designs, and now with recent price increases. No need to buy entire product lines, just pick-and-choose the rare gem that might pop up from time to time.

Sketching thread and art materials review:

http://robotninjamonsters.blogspot.com/

Manga style cartooning and art supplies recommendations for kids:

http://cartoonsketching.blogspot.com/

What the hell is up! I walk into Wal*Mart about a month ago and they raised the prices on the deluxe animated and universe figures from $7.77 to $9.99. I go back into Wal*Mart today and the price has been risen, yet again from $9.99 to a ridiculous $12.88 a pop. Get off of your high horse HASBLOW. Time to stop with the gestapo crap! I don't see the price of oil and gas going up all that much so that shouldn't be the issue. The deluxe animated and universe figures are fun but they are very cheaply made as far as quality goes. I have had numerous parts break off while transforming my figures. Some of the parts also become very loose or are loose from the moment that I opened them. Stop this nonsense Hasbro. With Star Wars, Transformers, G.I.-Joe and various others to mention under your belt there is absolutely no reason for this, you make plenty of money. If you want to raise prices then start generating a better made product. If this keeps up the I'm out.

Did you know that Walmart.........the retailer in this case, determines the price an item is sold at, NOT the manufacturer.

You are ranting against the wrong party.

Did you know that Walmart.........the retailer in this case, determines the price an item is sold at, NOT the manufacturer.

You are ranting against the wrong party.

Yep same witth any retailer jhasbrow possibly hasn't changed the price they sell to the store or raised it a bit and the retailer overreacts

Retailers have had the final say on how much something sells for since Wal Mart came on the scene. Personally I blame Wal mart as a huge contributor to the economic state. In all honesty though $13 for a deluxe isn't THAT much of an increase comparitively speaking. It just means that until it becomes normal for everyone that sales most likely will drop slightly.

In view of the cheap plastic being used lately on newer figures, these recent price increases are certainly indefensible. Personally I view them as a blessing in disguise, for as much as I enjoy this hobby there are fewer temptations out there between the poor quality, lack of interesting designs, and now with recent price increases. No need to buy entire product lines, just pick-and-choose the rare gem that might pop up from time to time.

Sketching thread and art materials review:

http://robotninjamonsters.blogspot.com/

Manga style cartooning and art supplies recommendations for kids:

http://cartoonsketching.blogspot.com/

I totally agree with you. I have started to do the same thing. becoming more picky when it comes to the figure that I want to add to my collection. Especially the large amount of repaints Hasbro keeps pushing out. It has become a little ridiculous.

I don't know how they expect us to buy if prices are going to go up so much. <_< It doesn't make sense, I mean, it really does, but still... :(

Retailers have had the final say on how much something sells for since Wal Mart came on the scene. Personally I blame Wal mart as a huge contributor to the economic state. In all honesty though $13 for a deluxe isn't THAT much of an increase comparitively speaking. It just means that until it becomes normal for everyone that sales most likely will drop slightly.

A 40% increase isn't "THAT much"?

I don't know how they expect us to buy if prices are going to go up so much. <_< It doesn't make sense, I mean, it really does, but still... :(

Hasbro doesn't expect people to buy everything. Their reps have actually shown surprise at the idea.

Even the company that makes it only expects you to buy what you like. If you honestly like everything, then it's still an issue. Otherwise... not such a big deal.

It's closer to 30%, actually. And the key phrase there is "comparatively speaking".

In a lot of other hobbies and non-essential goods, the prices have gone up that much and more in the last decade. The difference with TFs is that it's hitting all at once, so it seems more dramatic. If it had been $1 every 3-4 years instead, we'd probably be amazed that they were managing to keep the prices so low!

i tell ya, buying transformers isn't fun anymore if they f-ing rise the f-ing prices! @grumpy@ seriously i'm on a budget i buy figures on the 9:99 price 14:99 if its speaical 20 if its really something awesome. but rising deluxe to 12:99 thats f-ing low.... believe me i wanna get the new ironhide, breakaway, soundwave, and starscream but with prices rising up i cant really aford these....its a nightmare for me is what it is!

looks like i'll focus on the startrek figures and GIJOE....transformers...while i love them...they've gotten too expensive for me... @hmmm@ really target has a cheaper price like 11:99 that eases it a bit but with walmart they wanna whore our theyre products with higher prices? KIDS CANT EVEN BUY THESE F-ING TOYS EVEN IF THEY ASKED THEYRE MOM OR DAD! THIS SH*** IS GETTING RIDICULAS! ---sorry guys i dont want to be those 'whiners' but i have a good reason to be pi***ed about this crap!

how in the bloody hell can hasbro make money if the stores keep rising prices? like i said...collecting transformers has gotten harder for me...i love the toy line god knows i do. i have my off road ironhide which i ignored for 2 years and suddenly got a liking and looking forward to a more accurate ironhide....21 bucks isn't bad...but for a deluxe to be 12:99 thats freakin' robbery.

and like i said it wont only be harder for collectors to buy them...but kids too... -.- man i can heard parents saying no to theyre kids cus its 12:99 a price too high even for a mother to accept. and believe me i seen it....poor kid was crying his eyes out.

man i'm glad i voted for obama...i heard he's gonna make big businesses pay large amounts of cash to fix the crap that those lousy republicans f-ed up over the years...i wonder if that'll lower the prices to transformers and other products? prob' not...but damn...*shakes head* i have to be wise of what i buy these days and on splurged like i used too.

looks like i'll focus on the startrek figures and GIJOE

The latter having a MUCH greater price hike in the past year than TFs. If you're trying to avoid a jumping price, you're looking in the wrong place.

KIDS CANT EVEN BUY THESE F-ING TOYS EVEN IF THEY ASKED THEYRE MOM OR DAD! THIS SH*** IS GETTING RIDICULAS! ---sorry guys i dont want to be those 'whiners' but i have a good reason to be pi***ed about this crap!

Why is that? This is pretty comparable to what's going in in the rest of the aisle. A lot of toys are going up in price, or in some cases, just giving less for the same price. This is also the first price hike on most of the TF sizes in over a decade.

how in the bloody hell can hasbro make money if the stores keep rising prices?

Um..."keep"? Once again, first price increase in OVER A DECADE. Seriously man, it's a miracle they kept it that low as long as they did!

but for a deluxe to be 12:99 thats freakin' robbery.

No, that's a decade's worth of inflation hitting all at once.

man i'm glad i voted for obama...i heard he's gonna make big businesses pay large amounts of cash to fix the crap that those lousy republicans f-ed up over the years...i wonder if that'll lower the prices to transformers and other products?

Yes, I'm sure that making sure that prices will never go up on little Jimmy's toys is the first thing on his agenda. Of course, mommy and daddy have no money to spare anyway, regardless of the price, but that's obviously not the biggest concern here. Helping the economy recover so that people have spare money to spend on frivolous items like toys again... by necessity, that's probably somewhere lower on the list. First he's gotta make sure those blasted toy companies aren't trying to do something silly like make a profit!

Stop being irrational and look at what's going on. It's a pretty simple thing to figure out. Hasbro makes nonessential goods, and in an economic crisis, they can't count on selling more units to balance out a per-unit profit that's been steadily decreasing over the last decade. They HAVE to raise the prices as they SHOULD have been doing all along. Whether you like it or not, the simple fact is that we were getting a bargain. We aren't anymore, and yeah, that sucks... but that doesn't instantly make Hasbro the devil.

Hasbro doesn't expect people to buy everything. Their reps have actually shown surprise at the idea.

Even the company that makes it only expects you to buy what you like. If you honestly like everything, then it's still an issue. Otherwise... not such a big deal.

It's closer to 30%, actually. And the key phrase there is "comparatively speaking".

In a lot of other hobbies and non-essential goods, the prices have gone up that much and more in the last decade. The difference with TFs is that it's hitting all at once, so it seems more dramatic. If it had been $1 every 3-4 years instead, we'd probably be amazed that they were managing to keep the prices so low!

True, just caught me by surprise. There was no interum period. The price just went from $7.77 straight to $12.34 (or whatever it is exactly) with no intermident increases to $9.99 (for example). THAT was pretty drastic a jump.

The little increases probably WOULD have been better, to a degree.

Probably a good thing that there isn't as much product out now anyway.

True, just caught me by surprise. There was no interum period. The price just went from $7.77 straight to $12.34 (or whatever it is exactly) with no intermident increases to $9.99 (for example). THAT was pretty drastic a jump.

I can see that, but $7.77 was a seasonal price. We all knew it wasn't going to last forever (although I certainly hoped it would). When they went off sale, they then went up to the normal price... which had increased.

And I think some of that depends on how quickly the stores moved. I know my local Wally bumped them up to $9.98 or something like that, then up to $12.88 a week later.

The actual, normal price went up $3 (or less), not $5. Believe me, I know $3 is still a big jump, and it's casing me to weigh my impulse buys very carefully these days. My point is that it's not an unreasonable increase, especially if one is willing to consider all the facts and circumstances. It seems a lot of people got complacent with the old prices and apparently have some misguided idea that just because a price hasn't changed in ten years, it never can/will change. Going against those false assumptions is reason for them to freak out... when in fact it's just normalcy asserting itself.

• 2 months later...